Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Weekend

We spent the past weekend in Paris so here is the documentation. It goes without saying that this was a bittersweet weekend. I think the worst thing in the world would be to feel alone or forgotten at this time. We feel far from alone or forgotten. We have the best families and friends that have been so thoughtful. It absolutely means the world to us. There has been/is lots going on in my mind, but I just don't have it in me to write down.

I'll take you through Kanyon's birthday weekend!

Its that time of year again...MULE RIDES!!! Paw Paw and Kanyon were gone FOREVER Friday afternoon. klp is for sure feeling his 3 year old maturity in this picture:






















We went over to Clay and Mo's for dinner Friday night. The cousins watched a movie. Kanyon started out on the couch with the girls, but he had to get a little closer to see the TV.



Meanwhile, qsp was downstairs soaking up the love from his Aunts!




It was 11:30 before Mom and I were able to start klp's cake. I had a few ideas and had even settled on the one I thought we would do for his party, but recent MONUMENTAL events in our house called for a change of plans. So, we went with the only theme that seemed appropriate this year....











Yes, my son had a Cheeto birthday party!!!!!!!!!! We all ate lunch and the only rule was you could have as many Cheetos as you wanted. No one was allowed to turn down their child's request for them! Kanyon had already eaten his lunch so he enjoyed bottomless Cheetos while his cousins ate their hot dogs.



Keeping an eye out for Cheeto stealers










Loving every bite!









Even the grown ups loved it!!










Here is the table











klp LOVES balloons!!!












We are so proud of our hard working, sweet natured, smart, funny, spunky, cuddly 3 year old!













And here's the Chester Cheetos cake.

















Chalk another one up for MOM the cake fairy!!!
















Singing to the Birthday boy....no candles here...3 Cheetos!!















He actually smiled and acted bashful! It was kinda cute!



















Kasey sent him some music instruments. It was the first present he opened and he would've been just fine if this bell thing was the only thing he got! He loved it! Kase continues to nurture his musical talents!


















For the first time, we gave him some cake. He felt of it....licked it....

















then we gave him a spoon to see if that would help....but no, he handed it over to me quickly. So we gave him more Cheetos!

















Kanyon may not have liked the cake, but I'm pretty sure Landry did



















ya think????


















Nolan seemed pleased as well!!



















klp enjoying his balloons



















Mom and Dad got out some kites. It was the perfect day for it and the kids had never done it before.


























Paw Paw, Gay Gay, and Avery
























Avery

























Ro Ro getting her turn




















Another ride on the Mule. My favorite part of this story is that Clay said he was holding Kanyon in his lap driving and Avery and Landry were in the back. After a few minutes, Clay said klp signed "please" and pointed to the backseat! He wanted to ride with his cousins!!! I loved that!


















Here they are:





































Here we are:

















Thanks again for all the calls, cards, flowers, emails, texts, voicemails, etc. We continue to depend on those around us to carry us through tough days. Thank you.


















11 comments:

Chelsa said...

i can't believe kanyon is three! i don't even remember how i found your blog, but it was right around the time the twins were born... three years ago? wow! love the cheeto cake! and the story about kanon signing please to ride in the back is just priceless!

Kipley said...

Has it already been 3 years?! Crazy. The kids look like they had a blast and I love the Cheeto theme..esp the cake. So fun! You're such a good Mommy!

Amber Rader said...

You have such a beautiful family. God bless!

Sydni said...

I'm extremely thankful that you have such amazing support!

I need a cake fairy - BADLY.

Jodi said...

You throw the best parties!!!! Fun recap of a fun weekend. Happy Birthday AGAIN Kanyon!! Thinking of you ALL through the bittersweetness of it.... love you.

erin f. said...

Oh Jaymie, I just went through a rush of different emotions reading this. I know this time of the year will forever be bittersweet, but you are a such a strong person because of all you have endured. Sweet little Jayde is waiting for all of you to join her someday :)

I love the Cheeto party! What a fun idea. I really already have anxiety about planning birthday parties. Decorating, yes. Parties...I need help!

Marianne said...

Praise God for family and friends who carry one another's burdens therefore fulfilling the law of Christ. I love you, Jaymie Spencer Phillips. I can't even imagine the emotions that go with this difficult time, but rest assured that I pray for the peace of God to cover you.

Mark and I are so excited waiting to hear about Kanyon's first day of school.

kt said...

Just so you know we have not forgotten Kanyon's birthday. We have been carrying a bag of cheetos around in my purse or car for the past week in hopes to see you at church on Wed. or Sun. We'll get them to him some time...might not be edible by then, but oh well. It is the thought that counts.

Anonymous said...

Happy First Day of School Kanyon!!
I hope you both made it through the first day! Happy 3rd Birthday! Peggy C.

Anonymous said...

what a great birthday party and a beautiful cake! Cheetos should hear about that and you might get a year's supply free!
Good luck with the first day of school-I know it will be hard on you. When I worked at Higgins, I got to see and know some of those three year olds and they loved school, looked all of us grown ups picking at them, loved seeing all the "big" kids. I know he will love it. Also, at Higgins, you could pick either morning or afternoon so maybe next year you can pick afternoons...(?) I'm not worried about Kanyon, but I will worry about you. It'll be ok to go to the counselor's office and pick up a tissue & cry and ask her to check on him every hour and give you a call. I've done that many a time for a "new" school MOM.
Love, Raylene

Kyla said...

I'm way behind on birthdays around here! Haven't even done a post on Ava's b-day yet... I always think of Kanyon and Jayde around Ava's b-day since they were born so close together and they were so heavily on my heart and in my prayers at that time. I'm in disbelief that it's been 3 years and we both have 3 year old children! Anyway, happy late birthday Kanyon!! I love the idea of his cheeto party. You are such a fun and cool mom, Jaymie!

Love you and love your family. Can't wait to meet little Quinn, whenever that is! I loved his birth announcement by the way. :)

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers