Friday, June 25, 2010

Camp Deer Run Fun

If you know me, you know I know Camp Deer Run. We've already had lots of fun out at CDR this summer. Here are pics of our first couple of adventures:

One Sunday afternoon in early May, our small group went out to camp to work. It was really really fun. We painted a few things, cleaned a few cabins, and all of this with lots of little ones. I was pleased with the amount of work we got done considering I expected all the moms to pretty much be wrangling kids, but we actually worked!! Rebekah threatened to not be my friend anymore because I was making her sweep a cabin with a dirt floor. I finally had to break the news to her that things at CDR can only get so clean, then you just stop sweeping! :)

Quinn worked hard and fell asleep on Jean. But not on her shoulder or in her arms like most babies...this is how he fell out:
ahhhh sweet, sticky, sweaty, camp sleep.
When the work was done, we headed to the new pool. It was SOOO nice. I didn't come prepared so klp went speedo style in just a diaper. (and a pink Dora one at that. yikes!)
Some of the kids in the youth group came with us. This is Kenzie, she is one of klp's fav people in the world!
q slept in the stroller while we went swimming.


A few weeks later we went out to camp for Pass the Torch and the Pool dedication. It was so fun and it was of course SOOOO hot!!!

qsp's clothes lasted about 5 min. and he spent the rest of the day like this:

This is Christie. She was one of my counselors, her husband was my brothers' counselor and now our families are very close friends. This is her and Brody, their 4th child. He was born about 2 weeks before Quinn. Its so crazy and fun that we will have little ones in the same cabin!
Brodie and Quinn. Friends whether they want to be or not.
Uncle Clint sacrificed some hair to give q a ride
In true CDR fashion, we opted for swimming instead of showering at the end of the day.
Uncle Clay cracking Kanyon up!
The dads were actually IN the pool with the kids. What a FUN DAY!!
(avery, roselyn, clint, nolan, clay, landry, kanyon, kory, adam, caden)
I love being out at camp even though my days are over.
Hail dear ol' Deer Run!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

The Rotzlers (including me) had a great time at CDR! And just so we're clear on this, I AM STILL YOUR FRIEND! And I'll be back next year to sweep more dirt floors as long as I get to swim in the pool again!

Pam Norton said...

Jaymie, just thought I would let you know that they make smocked outfits for boys too, if you are interested,just saying! Love, Pam

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers