Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CDR Women's Retreat

The last weekend in March we had the first Camp Deer Run Alumni retreat
It was so great!

Not sure where Mo was when we took this, but here are the Spencer girls minus Mo :(

Jodi, Rachel, Lindsay, Me.....MANY MANY CDR Memories with this bunch



The day we left, Avery drove me to my cabin to get my stuff out. I've gotten much lazier since I was working at camp!!!
Those pictures were kinda out of order, but I can't fix them...oh well.

The retreat was so great and a time of all of the great things about camp. We pretty much did a regular camp schedule mixed in with LOTS of talking, catching up, laughing at old times, maybe a few tears (of joy), devotionals, quiet time, singing, it was great.....

We started off Friday night with some silly games. We all got reminded REAL QUICKLY how silly you look doing "camp stuff", but we all did it so we were all embarrassed together!

and LAUGHED a lot!!! My face was already hurting from laughing 10 min. after the retreat started.

night devo

yummy snacks after night devo....never got to do this during real camp

flag devo...i posted this one just for Rachel....lookin good!

the morning cheer...."I feel healthy......"

canteen after a grueling group activity Amazing Race!

The dogwoods were in full, beautiful, amazing, perfect bloom!

My mom and Mrs. Linda were the most "mature" alum there. My 2 Aunts Mary Lynn and Nancye came too to represent. I was SOOOO glad they came. We are hoping more people they worked with will come back next year. It hasn't been THAT long!!!


Aunt Nancye hugging the birthday boy. I made Kory come out Saturday afternoon because it was Kanyon's birthday and I HAD to see him.

All he wanted to do was play basketball. Shocker.

me and Aunt Nancye convincing q to walk.

We did some great tie dying!!

Janelle, Terri, Mallory, Jodi before we all left Sunday. Boo hoo!



Here is the finished product of our tie dye. You have to let it set for 24 hrs then wash them, so we didn't get to see everyone else's. The top 2 are mine, the middle left is my mom's, middle right is my aunt Mary Lynn's and the bottom is my aunt Nancye! It was so fun. Its pretty addictive. I just keep wanting to make more and more things!

We made our own pizzas for supper..that was really fun!

I love this pic of Q

Singing Happy Birthday to Kanyon

Clay and Adam dared to come along so that their wives could come. They are both still nursing babies so we were so glad the husbands took one for the team! It was funny how little we saw them, but they were busy playing all day!

Landry hid in the tshirt box!

Saturday night devo

This is such a "camp" picture. Everyone walking back from night devo.

It was such a great weekend in the greatest place in the whole world with some of the greatest people in the whole world. If you're reading this and you didn't come....DON'T MISS IT NEXT YEAR!

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers