Wednesday, December 12, 2007

New Toys Same Old Tricks

New Toy!! Some wonderful ladies (2nd grade teachers!!) gave me this exersaucer at my shower and Kanyon is about ready for it! We got it out a while ago, but no amount of blankets could hold him up! So we got it back out this weekend, packed some blankets in there for a little support, and Kanyon did pretty good! He spent quite a bit of time doing what he's doing in the first picture..sucking on the chair, but he looked around some too. We only put a couple of toys on there since he can't reach them anyways. He only lasted a little over 5 minutes, but that's OK..once again these "fun toys" are sometimes torture chambers for a little boy trying to get stronger.

Here he is taking a look around. Can you see his chubby forehead? He has had this since he was little bitty. When he raises his eyebrows it shows his widows peak and his chubby forehead! I'd also like to point out the spike..you can kinda see it in this picture.
Another new toy....Green beans...same old trick...making a mess! He gagged a lot the first time I gave him green beans, but he got better the next day. Still working on this whole thing. Thanks Jules for the cool bib!
I was trying to wrap presents the other day but I spent more time wrapping a diaper!!! SAME OLD TRICK! Can you tell he was pretty excited in this picture...he's about to come out of his diaper, bouncy seat, and whatever he's looking at seems pretty thrilling!!!
Addison stopped by tonight to drop off a present (she's so sweet!).....she got Kanyon a hat to match hers! If you look closely, you'll notice they have matching socks too...Addison gave these to Kanyon last week. I put them over his pj's for the picture. Addison is such a good friend..she's so thoughtful! Kanyon and I rode in the car with Kory to get milk and he fell asleep in the car so he was still in his seat when they got here and Addison was asleep in hers...no way we were waking them up!
The hats were a little too big!
I decided before I ever had kids that when I did, I wanted to buy an ornament each Christmas for each of my kids. Here are mine for this year.


5 comments:

Sydni said...

He looks like quite the tough little dude in the chubby forehead picture. He has a "You talkin' to me?" sort of look on his face. Can't wait to hang w/ him.

Clint

Pearson Family said...

He is one smooth guy getting out of his diaper like that! Love the ornaments...love you!

TexasNeals said...

so funny that he is forever taking his diaper off! looks like you have a little nudist on your hands! :) love the twinkie hats and socks...so cute. and the ornaments are just precious.

Anonymous said...

You will love the exersaucer for a long time. Like the bouncy seat, it is how you will get your showers!! I love the ornaments--it will fun to look back on them every year. Love ya, Peggy

Jodi said...

What a funny boy!! I just love how he seems so happy all the time... at least in the pictures Mommy takes anyway! :)

Sweet ornaments... love 'em.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers