Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend Fun

I took this first picture because I love to see him from behind...his skinny little neck with those ears sticking out. I just think it is so cute!

He's actually looking straight ahead while he's sitting! (even if it is just for a second) We've been working on looking both ways. He usually only looks to the right so we're working on building the muscles on BOTH sides.
Friday Addison came over to visit. Kanyon was not the best host. He slept almost the whole time . He never sleeps that much during the day and he was zonked out! Mindi and I had a hard time getting a picture of both of them smiling. They are such good friends!
Our sweet friends Dickey and Louise called a few weeks back and said they had a Texas Roadhouse gift card for us, but there was a catch....we couldn't take the baby! Friday night they came over and played with Kanyon while Kory and I went to dinner! It was so fun for us especially this time of year since we can't take him out... eating out was a treat! And Kanyon loved having them all to himself! THANKS DICKEY AND LOUISE!!!!

Saturday we went to the Christmas tree farm to cut down a tree. It was nice weather...not cold at all. It was very windy so that is the reason for the awesomeness of my hair in these pictures. (yucky). Not only did Kanyon get his first Christmas tree, but he also wore jeans for the first time. He looked so cute and big. (thanks auntie nancye!)
We had to get a smaller tree this year because of our furniture computer situation in our living room. We're both big tree people, so we were a little sad. Kory made the rule that he would NOT have a tree smaller than him! Kanyon was wanting to get one his size. Maybe this will be our tree in a few years.
I had to cover his ears with the wrap since the wind was blowing. Tree hunting makes you very sleepy!
"I'm the happiest Christmas Tree oh oh oh ee ee ee Someone came and they found me and took me home with them" Lyrics from one of my all time fav Christmas songs (Nat King Cole Christmas for Kids tape). Yes tape. It is a classic at my parents' house.

Sunday was our Baby Dedication for all 2007 babies (13 of them I think). It was quite a crew and they actually got a picture of all of them together! Kanyon wore this grown up shirt..jeans and a polo in one weekend! WOW! Like most days it was bitter sweet for us. They honored Jayde's memory which important to us. We just wish so bad she was here.
Sunday was a big day for another reason....BABY FOOD! We started with Bananas. Don't ask me why I got organic. I guess I got suckered. He did OK. Feeding is not Kanyon's strong point so this, like the rest, will be a work in progress for a while. I was actually encouraged because he opened his mouth a couple of times. We'll see how today goes.
"Bananas?? Whats that?"
"Shakin' em off"
Another one of Kanyon's newest tricks...Taking off his diaper. His hands are constantly moving and his right hand ALWAYS finds the Velcro strap on the diaper and pulls until it comes off. Nice.

We are heading to Dallas tomorrow for a checkup with our neurosurgeon. He'll get a CT scan and check in. Hopefully no big news, but we'll keep you posted.


14 comments:

martha crockett said...

I truly do think that boy gets cuter every day. Imagine at 18!!! Adorable pix, and what a great outing for his first Christmas tree.

Pearson Family said...

Kanyon picked out a fabulous tree! Ya think you and your mom will make me one of those cute wrap thingys? I think I will need BOTH my hands!! Love you, and I hope tomorrow goes SMOOTH!

Bevin said...

He's just so cute!! Love the Christmas tree and all the cute pictures!! He looks very handsome in his little jeans!

annalee said...

love your sweet handsome guy, your sweet, sweet family, and sweet baby jayde with Jesus too.

Jodi said...

Wow! What a little Hudini (dont' know HOW to spell that?) with his diaper!! Too funny... since I am not the one having to put it back on all the time. :)

Love the pics. Had me a few tears reading about little Jayde and your bittersweet days. Know that we LOVE you and LOVE that girl too.

Anonymous said...

o man kanyon is hilarious. i love the pic of him shakin em off. go on kanyon.

Beck Boys said...

Love all the pictures. Enjoy the tree. I am glad to see that he is growing. Let us know how the apt goes.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

why do i hear stripper music in my head when I look at the last picture? not that I have heard stripper music in person but that is what is playing in my head! :)

Tammy said...

I love the back of the head pictures too! It makes me want to kiss that sweet little neck! I think it is pretty impressive he can pull that diaper off! Tyler loves to do that too so we have to keep pants on over his diaper otherwise it could be dangerous!

Ashley said...

So glad he is doing well. I have loved seeing the miracle of Kanyon shine and shine!

TexasNeals said...

HA! love the diaper trick! :) i meant to tell you how handsome he looked sunday morning! aren't "big boy" clothes so much fun! :)

sharon said...

he is just so stinkin cute. i have got to squeeze him someday!

Marianne said...

Kanyon is just too cute. What an awesome service it must have been to witness the dedication of all the babies.

karen said...

Those are some precious pictures! I love the close up of Kanyon in the sling! And taking of his own diaper - SO funny...but probably not so funny for you when he keeps doing it. Hmm

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers