Here are a few pics of the last week:
Wearing Daddy's hat from work. How could you NOT buy a Mueller building when you see this?!!
OK, I am not happy that Kanyon has crooked foot and we are defintitely working to get it fixed, but it is such a little trademark that sometimes when I see it I just think its cute. Well, the other day we were "getting out" and driving and I turned to look back and I saw those sweet feet with that one little crooked one that melts my heart. I just had to take a picture.
Snoozing after his morning hunt. (not really, he's just wearing camo.)
Now for the 11 month pictures...which I happened to be taking at about 10:30 last night (remember what I said earlier about 10:30). Well, he was having a good ol' time rolling all over. That is what he's doing in the first one...preparing to roll and laughing like its hillarious!
I snapped this in an instant between rolls and goofiness.
I didn't plan on this being a long post, but I'm not through yet. I have to honor the 11 months! Some will be heavy, some light, some are universal to all new moms, and some might be unique to our "experience".
11 Things Kanyon Has Taught Me
1. 1 pound micropreemies don't have booty cheeks. The first time I changed his diaper I almost freaked. His hiney looked like an elbow! The nurse must've noticed my surprise because she said, "He doesn't have cheeks...cheeks are fat and he has no fat."
2. Speaking of, he taught me how to change a teeny tiny diaper and not pull out any tubes, IV's, or cords. Tricky.
3. A baby so tiny could carry me through the darkest days of my life. He truly did and still does.
4. TOO much medical information ranging from his first day of life to now, I know way more than I ever planned on.
5. How to make just the right sound to make him laugh. I learned last week that that sound is not universal. I tried to make our friend Blake laugh so I made the sounds Kanyon likes. Blake just stared at me. Kinda makes you feel dumb.
6. Put your finger behind the zipper when you zip his PJ's to keep from zipping up some skin. Learned that one the hard way. oopsy.
7. I can do just about anything with one hand.
8. Pain doesn't care who you are.
9. Age is just a number...we grow at our own pace no matter what age we are (or ages in Kanyon's case..he has like 3 different ages).
10. We have the best families and friends in the WHOLE world. Seriously, we do.
11. GOD never leaves us.
OK, I don't feel like figuring out how to get the video to post on here, so I'll give you the link. I told you this has been Kanyon's happiest month....click on this link to see and hear this happy boy. (try not to hear his annoying mom's voice...so embarrassing.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3k2BXOUPQ