Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Catch-up in pictures

After all of my big long posts of big events, I now have a big long post of small events. So, here is what we've been up to in between big weekends.

klp still loving hippotherapy. He his patting Kandy (with his left hand....therapy is NEVER over) after a good ride

This is the first time he rode up on his knees. He did really great. There is a cushion "bridge" thing that he can lean on with his elbows. The next time he rode, they stood him up without it and he just held on to his instructors hands. This is SOOOO good for him! It is even harder to balance, so it requires more reaction/balance, etc. And its good input for his hips as they feel the motion of the horse's gait. As he rides on top of the horse, the input is very very very much the same as he would feel if HE were walking. So this helps his body feel what that is like and get used to balancing and working with that type of movement.

Both boys LOVE the swing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

klp had some appointments in Dallas, so after they were over we went to eat at KLP's fav burger joint. It just so happens to be super close to Kasey's school. So we went for a surprise visit! So good to see her!!!!

bathing monkey and blue hippo. Great pic in my head, not so much in reality. Tough to execute the hooded towel picture, but I keep trying because they look SO CUTE.

q man went to the nursery for the first time. He never batted an eye. I think he was sort of in shock....as you see on his face in the pic.

Our fav pj's. Usually cheesy sayings get on my nerves, but this one is hilarious.

I found some more blended food in my freezer. DUMPED IT DOWN THE SINK! YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!! It hard for me to believe we used that and fed him the way we did. I'm so glad I'm not blending, freezing, thawing, blah blah blah any more!!!

What is so inviting about the bottom of the exersaucer?

Cute boys....

I've got quite a helper fixing dinner. Do you think it breaks health codes if the cook is pantsless?

Funny story behind this picture: we know qsp is a thumb sucker. Like many thumb suckers, soft cloth seems to trigger the need to suck his thumb. Usually that is his blanket he sleeps with, a bandanna, my soft pj pants, any cloth lying around on the floor, or even a soft stuffed animal. If he crosses paths with soft fabric, he can't fight the urge to suck his thumb. A couple of years ago, Rachel made klp this really cute toy/game. She filled a kleenex box with little scraps of fabric. Its fun to pull them all out and then put them all back in. klp has had lots of fun with it and I thought q might like it too. I got it out and started pulling the scraps out and then put them all back in. I handed him the toy to give it a try for himself. He pulled the first fabric square out and instead of reaching for the next square, he immediately started sucking his thumb. And that was the end of the game. He couldn't just pull and pull and pull the fabric out because he HAD to suck his thumb. So, he pretty much stopped after the first pull and sat with that glazed over stare and sucked his thumb.

q now pulls up on EVERYTHING

Including his crib....we lowered it that night.

blueberries are very yummy but very messy!

qsp and klp enjoying the world series!

I mentioned this in his 11 month posts, but here he is in one of his favorite places: the magazine basket!

klp LOVES to "iiiii" or "write"

KLP shared his gloves with klp

So, thats pretty much the Phillips Phamily catch-up. I am overwhelmed with how much I love my boys and how thankful I am for so much joy in my life. It ain't always pretty, but we are making it and having lots of fun!

3 comments:

Sydni said...

My favorite is the picture of Q looking out the door by Kanyon. That cracks me up about Quinn not being able to pull any more fabric out of the box. I'm SO, SO thankful you can dump that blended food!!! I guess Quinn will be walking around soon with all of that pulling up.

The Speck family said...

Just catching up on your blog....your boys are beyond adorable and getting SO BIG!!!!! Can't believe that Quinn is almost 1!

Kyla said...

I mean....I'm so excited about getting to see you it's not even funny. - I've been TERRIBLE at keeping up with anyone's blog lately....or updating mine. Don't know what's going on but I'm trying to get back on track. Your kids are so stinkin' cute! Can't believe how much they are changing and growing. They're both getting so tall! - LOVE the thumb sucking story about the game!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers