- talking....he's started making "mumumumumumu" and "dadadadada" "bubububububu" and his long time favorite "sssssssssssssssssss" He will copy us when we say "mu mu mu" and "Daa" those were just the first sounds he started really making, so we copied him, then he copied us. We like it.
- He's a steamroller!! It is his favorite form of transportation and you would be amazed where he can get just by rolling. We are working on army crawling, but he doesn't want to use his left arm, so he's stuck after he makes his first reach with his right arm.
- NOSEY!!! He wants to look and touch and eat whatever we are holding or looking at. He thinks that he world is HIS!!
- Still loves the bouncy seat and is an extreme bouncer. He can catch major air in that thing. He bounces his whole body up....yes, he's strapped in.
- No official measurements yet, but at a clinic last week, he weighed 20lbs. and was 30 in. long.
- He can sit up by himself pretty well but the best thing is that he can fall on his own. He doesn't fall like a tree and hurt himself, he's learned (thanks to his PT) how to fall softly. Because of this, I can sit him up and leave him. He is still working on getting to sitting independently. He is doing it with less and less support, but he still needs help. We're working on it though!
- His eyebrows still turn red when he cries
- His spike is so long it curls, but the rest of his hair stands straight up now
- hates morning feeds
- LOVES to spin things
- currently has his 4th cold that lasted so long its turned into a "cough". We've had lots of snot the last couple of months....HOUSE ARREST IS COMING SOON
- I bought 18 month size clothes for winter....he needs it for the length...they look huge and probably will be, but his torso is amazingly long!
- He has outgrown his carseat (his head is to the top) but I hate to give it up because he can't sit in a shopping cart or high chair yet, so I will miss the carrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- He has still never been to Wal-Mart. Brookshires and Target seem cleaner to me for some reason. I just can't take his little lungs and germ sensitive body to Wal-Mart...ikcy sticky yucky.
- Some things never change: we love him more than we thought we could, we miss his twin sister more than we thought we could, we are proud of him, we laugh at him and kiss on him all day, we are so very very very very very very thankful!
So, in honor of the 18 months, I chose 1 picture from each month (ok, some months had more than one, but it was impossible to decide). I tried to keep it just Kanyon. If I started putting other people in I would get a guilt complex about not including everyone and that is just crazy, so here is the Phillips Phamily 18 month Roller Coaster:
I had to include this one too because it shows more of his tiny body. He weighed about a pound a half that day.
And this one of showing his tiny head.
May 2007: Kanyon was finally in his daddy's arms and Nurse Kathy was deemed Kory's favorite nurse hands down, no questions asked because she was the one who made this happen!
June 2007:This picture captured this month. We were in IMC so people could come visit. I tried to get pictures of the people looking in and this one was a favorite!
July 2007: Our baby boy's first peek of home!
August 2007: True love was budding between Kanyon and his bouncy seat.
September 2007: Our first smile. When I say we I mean WE. This was the first thing that was purely good to me. No worry, no sadness, no fear. Thanks to Drew who was quick on the draw with his phone, we have this moment forever. Patty-cake did the trick.
November 2007: The smiles just kept on coming!
December 2007: There were WAY too many Christmas pics to choose from so I went with the picture that I can't look at without laughing....go ahead...try.
February 2008: My gangsta boy rockin' his paper glasses from the eye doctor.
March 2008: Kanyon's bug birthday bash! This was a group shot with most of the group. It was so great to get a chance to celebrate Kanyon's life and thank our family and friends for their support. Just for the record. No, Kanyon will never have another birthday party with 100+ people.
April 2008: He was really into wrinkling his nose and flashing a grin.
May 2008: N.G.Tube. no. good. tube. This entire month (and some weeks before and some weeks after) were spent at Our Children's House for "eating camp".
July 2008: This month had to have 2 pictures because we spent lots of time with Grandparents. First, our trip to Montana to see Chief and Gram and the rest of the Phillips. We had big fun riding tractors, meeting friends, enjoying cool weather, and we celebrated his 1 year Happy Home Day!!
Then a trip to Paris that was nice and long so we had plenty of time for Paw Paw and Mama Gay to teach Kanyon new things about fish, the lake, and how you get whatever you want when you're with your grandparents!
August 2008: First pair of basketball shorts!
September 2008: Love it.