Friday, December 3, 2010

Thumb sucker "tattoo"

WE didn't give q a tattoo...he gave it to himself!!!

Here is little chubby almost bald Quinn on the day we officially declared him a thumb sucker. Before this time, he was still trying to decide which fingers were the tastiest and exactly how to get them into his mouth....

He finally settled on his thumb.....

and after months and months of enjoying his thumb while chillin' in the recliner.....

rolling on the floor......

even snoozing his rolly self in his bouncy seat.....

sitting up in his bumbo....

enduring the hot summer heat in diaper only outfits....

taking a break with mommy......

and while trying to play with a fun, but too soft to resist, toy

something was bound to happen to that so very tasty thumb. He now has a full blown callous on his thumb!!! I thought it was a scratch, but its a hard spot on his thumb where his teeth have rubbed. I remember when friends of mine were learning to play the guitar and their finger tips calloused over. Well, apparently it happens to thumb suckers too. So, his very own tattoo is so very cute!!! I love it. And I love him. AND he's almost ONE!!! WHAT??!!!!

2 comments:

Sydni said...

What, is right. It seems literally like yesterday to me that he was being born... yikes. He is just too, too cute.

Jodi said...

Cannot BELIEVE it is birthday week. Crazy.

I was a serious thumb-sucker, evidently. And I was for so long that I REMEMBER the callus on my thumb. Look how good I turned out!!! :)

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers