Sunday, June 3, 2007

Day 69

Sorry it has been a few days...we've been running like crazy this weekend. We had sweet friends get married..congrats to the newlyweds. Kanyon hated to miss the parties and meeting so many people that love him, but he still has unfinished business in his NICU! He's done well this weekend. They've changed/added some medications and I think that has helped. He's had very few "spells" so that is good. They are working on getting that oxygen level down to room air...he lets them get close, but he can't quite keep it all the way down. Bottle feeding is in the near future..not sure exactly when, but maybe within the next week or 2. We'll pray that goes well. Not much new, so I'll let you see some pics from the weekend.

Kanyon's first outfit! Thanks Cliff and Maggie! It was perfect. Its from some preemie website that makes clothes for NICU babies...what size is it? TINY! That is the name of the size..how cute is that?! The size smaller was MICRO and we're SOOO past that!

A visit from his Texas grandparents

This picture is for Martha..she gave him this set. The pj's fit perfect (we were a little scared his feet were gonna be too big, but they weren't). His bed has jungle animal blankets today, so he even matched his bed. See...he's already got style!

Remember this picture from the first few days they were born? I couldn't get the picture to download, so you'll have to go back and look at one of the very first posts. Kanyon had Kory's wedding ring on like a bracelet (and it was very loose). Tonight we could only get 3 fingers in there!

It is already hard to believe that ever fit on his wrist. I can't imagine what it will be like to look at him when he's 16 years old and know that ring once fit on that very same wrist.

Just a side note..our NICU is very full right now. Just keep those little babies in your prayers (and the nurses who are working like crazy). There is just so much going on. One particularly heavy on our hearts is a new 25 week-er. He was born on Saturday and is doing good so far. I just have such a heavy heart for his parents and for him. I know nothing about him or his parents, but I do know they need prayers. I feel like Kanyon needs to go talk to him and give him some advice. :)


13 comments:

Jodi said...

Awwwwww... I just love him so much! Those are some sweet pics once again... I just love that he is wearing clothes!! :) And the ring... WOW!

J-me, you are just so precious. So sweet of you to be posting about the other babies near you. Not surprising, knowing your sweet and tender spirit, but just reminds me of how much I love ya. And how special Kanyon's Mommy is!! Thanks for the updates and things to pray for. Keep us posted on the new 25weeker. Keep the pictures coming of the Grand Kanyon!

The McCarter Family said...

Such sweet pics! He has grown sooo much and is looking so good. Still praying for every little part of his precious body! Love you!

Unknown said...

Jaymie...you have been such an encouragement to me. As we have worried about Sam, I have been blessed as you have taken us through the NICU. Thankfully, he has held on a little longer and be born on June 18, only 7 weeks early. Your blog is linked to about everyone in RHCC's office and a bunch of mommies who are praying for you and are just as blessed to watch the journey.
I am keeping Kanyon close in prayer right now, as big things are happening. We will all rejoice when you hear those words...he can go home!
You are amazing!
Hugs!

martha crockett said...

He looks so BIG in his clothes! I just can't wait to hold that precious miracle. Thanks for sharing all the daily milestones he is reaching--clothes, bed, weight gain, etc. He looks great! By the way, you did, too, J-me. So good to see you Sat. at the wedding. We pray for your strength, as well as Kan-the-Man. We love you guys so much.

leslee said...

thanks for the post and the photos... you sound sooooo positive and that is wonderful! I am happy to see where this can go and hope to be allowed in for some time to follow :) My sister is in the middle of trying to adopt a premie born somewhere around the 25 week point... she is in the NICU in Amarillo and weighed 1 LB 11 oz at birth... last check she was down some after a week... but last I knew she was not started on milk b/c they had to close a problem with her heart.... i am sure you have heard all of this before,
I am soooooo proud of Kanyon... my kids are ready to meet him... so hurry up little Kanyon and get well and come home :)
We love you all three.... love lf

Anonymous said...

We saw your dad at CDR yesterday when we were dropping off Morgan. We didn't know about the babies, and we are deeply sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl. We are glad to see the pictures of Kanyon - he is really precious, and we will be praying for you guys. Take care, Tree and Melissa Taylor

annalee said...

Wow, what a difference all his growing days have made. I love the wedding ring pic. It really helps show how your precious guy is growing! We will add the other families to the prayer list. And please know you guys are still on it everyday. Love you.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I LOOOOOVE the ring picture! What a cute idea! And I'm so excited Kanyon's hit 4 lbs! Way to go, Kanyon!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the ring pictures. He has grown so much! It's neat to see the comparisons and realize he's a miracle and growing each day. I will certainly pray for the new baby in the NICU. Karen

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Look how far he has come. I am so glad for all of you. I'll keep praying.
Love ya and miss ya,
Brandi

Pearson Family said...

Phillips family,
I want to party with the JOY I am feeling for you guys right now! Praise GOD! I think when the kids wake up that is exactly what we will do! that ring picture...he is getting huge! We LOVE you Kanyon! and your little family too!

Kelli said...

Jaymie,

It is so awesome to see your sweet baby and how much he has grown! It was great to see you this weekend, hope you have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaymie,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still thinking and praying for you guys. Thanks for the great pics. I am so happy to see that ring on only 3 fingers now!! Yeah for the big boy!!!

:) Andra Fleming

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers