Monday, March 15, 2010

Quinn's 3 month pics

A week ago Quinn hit the 3 month mark. I actually took pictures that day, but am just now getting them up on the blog. Its been a great month with q-boy. He is growing big and rolly and is an absolute joy to take care of.

Maybe the biggest thing this month has been his sweet smiles. He smiles all the time and it doesn't take anything to get one of those sweet grins. He looks at us and watches us so closely. I love it when he looks at me! (I realize I'm probably a blurry mess to him at this point, but its still fun!) In the last week, I've noticed that he's loosing his hair. Only on the bottom of the sides of his head. Its making for an interesting look, but he's pulling it off quite well if I do say so myself.

He is eating about every 3 1/2 hours during the day and is sleeping.....get this....6 1/2-7 hours at night. We haven't quite hit the 8 hour mark, but who cares?!! He's been working his way up to this steadily the last few weeks and it just seems so easy to me. I feel like this is early to be sleeping that much, but I think I might be accidentally comparing it to the fact that I was getting up every 3 hours with Kanyon for like 8 months!! It was WELL over year before he could go 8 hours! All in all I feel like he's really super easy. He's happy and content and takes good naps. He is almost ZERO stress or trouble. That is great too!

When I was with the boys by myself after my 6 weeks of recovery, I figured out really quickly that "winging it" as far as his eating goes had the potential for disaster. It worked fine sometimes but when eating times hit at the same time for both boys, it just wasn't possible. I don't mean hard. I mean not possible. So, when qsp was bout 2 months old I attempted to get him on a schedule. I have a love-hate relationship with schedules, but I had no choice. It has turned out great. He was very little trouble to transition to the routine and has done great. Its not super rigid, but its enough to let ME know that I will be able to get both boys fed and sleeping the way they should. It has helped me make sure I can get Kanyon's food ready and fed to him without trying to console a hungry baby or heaven forbid nurse a hungry baby at the same time. The only down side is that for now, the 2 boys don't sleep at the same time. So my house work has taken quite a hit, but oh well. Enough rambling...check out my chunky chunky qsp.

"Uhh Mom, WHAT is this?"


"Oh yeah! A camera! CHEEEEEEESE!!!!!"

If you are ever looking for this boy, follow the sound of sucking and slurping. You will find him going to town on his fists. He loves it.
I attempted to get the thunder thighs. The other night I counted 8 rolls from his hip to his ankle!


squinty eyes prove the smile is as BIG as it gets. We've yet to hear sounds with the smiles, but it looks like he' laughing out loud in this picture!

I got a little carried away here....


Elvis?






Not sure how much he weighs. Kory stood on the scale with him and it said Q weighed about 16 lbs. I'm starting to worry that the onesie isn't going to come close to making it through the year!
I am just flooded with joy and thankfulness when I think about this boy. I'm so glad he is in our family.


9 comments:

Sydni said...

Oh, my goodness! He is so cute and I LOVE the rolls!!! His sleeping is wonderful. I find it interesting that you said he is no stress to take care of.... I just finished a post saying how much work there is ahead. Maybe work doesn't have to equal stress. This great report has put a "Quinn-grin" on my face, that is for sure.

Anonymous said...

He is darling! When is the Q man going to be on your blog header with brother?

erin f. said...

Wow he is getting some rolls! I love chunky babies. I have to control my desire to just suck on Ellie's chubby body sometimes.

I am glad the schedule is working out for you, I know that it helped save my life...and his sleeping well is due to the schedule too, I am now a believer in that! Anyway, I have the same problem with no naps at the same time. My boys go to sleep at 1:00 and Ellie usually wakes at 12:45 to 1:00, so no free time for me. But th.ings change quickly when they are that little, pretty soon you will have both of them taking the same naps! Love you and you're darling boys

martha crockett said...

Oh, J-me. He is ADORABLE!!!!! What a good mom to already be on a schedule with a BABY and a little one that stills requires your care. You are wonder woman and super mom!

Kipley said...

Love the rolls! What a sweetheart!

annalee said...

oh he is adorable! and way to go on a schedule that works for you guys. you are such a wonderful mom jaymie!

Jodi said...

Um, can I PUHLEEZE jump through my computer screen and squeeze him?!?!?! That smile MELTS me!!! And those ROLLS?!?!! Oh my word. I just love him. And klp. And you. And.... give Kory a "high five of love" too I guess. :)

leslee said...

good for you... I was really good at putting Jaylee on a schedule and got progressively worse per child... It really helped with her. She was a breeze as a baby and I believe the schedule thing really helped with that. I am not smart to stick w/it, but it got harder to control everything...
SO good luck with the schedule and it looks like you are doing great and so are the boys!! YEA

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Jaymie,

He is too cute! I can't believe that he is 3 months old! Man, how time flies! Is his hair red? I just noticed his eyebrows look red in those last pictures. I hope y'all are doing great! Oh, did you get the package I sent a few weeks ago?

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers