Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Half a Year for Quinn!!!

Our Quinn Spencer is 6 months old! WOW! Again, I took the picture on the right day, but am quite late with the blog. Here is the 6 month old boy:




p.s. the "Quinn" onesie now FITS. Yikes! We have 6 more months to go!

We finally decided to let qsp have a little taste of something besides mommy's milk and his thumb
yams!!

He was fine with them. Not really crazy about it, but he's still figuring it out. I'm just thrilled he opens his mouth. This is uncharted territory for us!!! YEAH!!
He now sleeps here
instead of here. sniff sniff. But seriously he was way too big for the bassinet and when he would get over to one side it would tilt to that side. Heavyweight.
He found his toes and likes to eat them.
He's outgrowing his qsp onesie so I had to take some pics in it.

I could EAT HIM UP!!!!

He did THIS at church Sunday.
He continues to be a dream of a boy. I really feel like he's a breeze and I don't know why. But I'm not complaining!! He still doesn't move much but thunder thighs are hard to move. He STILL hasn't mastered rolling from tummy to back. Seriously. That's why we had to bust out the sleep positioner again when we put him in his bed. He is a maniac sleeper (always has been) and he would get rolled over and freak out (translated: wake me up and make me have to go fix it...not cool since I've been spoiled by his great sleeping!)so this keeps him from rolling over. I feel like when he starts to move things will get more tricky for me. Until then, he's zero trouble!

He makes the LOUDEST noise when he "talks". Its more like a really loud grunt, clearing of the throat, growl. It sounds like he's going to ruin his throat and it sounds like it HURTS, but its all he does. Its super duper loud in the mornings. I sometimes have to keep him back in my room so he doesn't wake up klp! Its gonna be tricky when we're staying in a hotel or in someone else's house because he'll keep the whole place awake. oh well.

He is an early riser...I AM NOT! Ugh!! Neither is klp! AT ALL! This morning q slept til 7:20 and I was thrilled beyond measure. Usually he starts stirring around 6-6:30. yuck. yuck. yuck. I try to keep him up later, but he still wakes up early, so I guess I'm just at his mercy to sleep later. BUT he takes great naps. He takes 3 a day and at least 2 of them are for at least 2 hours. He falls asleep on his own. All we have to do is swaddle him and hand him his bandana. He inserts thumb and goes to sleep. I do rock him sometimes because I love it and I HAVE to. He's probably annoyed and just wants me to lay him down, but he'll have to get over it! :)

He smiles and laughs and lights up so easily and loves to watch his brother. It is so fun to watch him learn new things and discover his world. He warms our hearts and brings so much PURE JOY. Yeah for Quinn!!!

4 comments:

Sydni said...

Oh. My. Goodness. He is the sweetest most precious thing ever. I could eat him up too but... then I'd have to go on a major diet/exercise spree!

erin f. said...

He is just so cute! Really I mean that. I tell everyone their babies are cute but sometimes I am just saying that. Wow, how is that for a confession? But Quinn is CUTE! Seriously, can we arrange for him and Ellie to get married someday? Now I'm self conscious about all the people who tell me Ellie is cute and don't really mean it!

Chelsa said...

I just love all his rolls :) He is such a cutie!!

Amy said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting! They are just too cute! Love all the pictures.

I was also getting caught up on Kanyon and his new glasses. He looks precious!!

Been thinking about you and I know I never emailed you back from weeeeks ago and I'm sorry. :( But, I wanted to check in and see how things were going. Hope you guys are doing well and having a good summer so far. Hope to talk soon!
Praying for you lots!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers