Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time With Gram

Over the MLK holiday weekend, we had a little company!! A group of my girlfriends from college always get together that weekend every year, so I knew ahead of time that Kory may want to have a little help while I was gone. So, we planned ahead and his Mom came down to spend a week with us. I left Friday afternoon and came back Monday at noon. I had a great GREAT GREAT time with some of the BEST girls on the planet. I am depending on them to send me pics from the weekend (HINT HINT) because I left my camera at home so they could document the weekend......

Kory's Aunt Geneva and Uncle John mad the LOOOOOONG drive to come join in and help with the boys.

klp showing Aunt Geneva his gear toy


Saturday, klp boycotted his nap during nap time, but I guess that caught up with him because he did this with Uncle John later that evening


Bath time fun!

Gram and Q scrubbing those toofies

klp brushing his own teeth!

my big boy after his bath

This spells TROUBLE! They have been so in to going in a dark room and closing the door. I usually leave them in there for a little bit and listen to the fun. BUT as soon as it gets quiet, I open the door!! We all know that 2 little ones + silence = BAD NEWS

klp helping Gram make Aunt Geneva's shoulders feel better

Gram loving on her grandsons! (klp looks a little skeptical of this situation)

klp LOVES this start light up turtle thing. Gram gave it to him for his first birthday and he can't get enough of it. Another cute thing.....check out his boots...those were Kory's. That is extra special because they lost their house in a fire when Kory was in high school, so they lost a lot of things from their childhood. BUT Susan had loaned these boots to a friend and forgotten about it until years later!!

he did this all by himself...oh dear.

Tuesday morning when we were getting ready for school, it was COLD so klp warmed up under Gram's jacket.

Q is expressing how we felt when Susan left. We had a great week and I was SOOO glad to have her there with Kory while I was gone. AND John and Geneva were so much fun and I'm so glad they were here too. I wasn't worried at all about anyone and I didn't feel too guilty for being gone because every time I talked to Kory to check in, they were having a blast!! It was a wild week of lots of coming and going of different people, but it was a GREAT week!!!

3 comments:

Fosters said...

Oh, Jamie.....thanks so much for posting these pictures of Gram with the boys.....I just love seeing them enjoying time together! We are so blessed to have our grandchildren! (and children and their wives!) And, happy that you got to spend some time with your friends..........

Teresa said...

Looks like they had a great time together. I'm glad we got to see her at Church.

Kyla said...

Your house is so pretty! For whatever reason I zoned in on some of the backgrounds in these pictures and was noticing Kanyon's adorable room and your cute living room. :) LOVE the fact that K and Q like to go into dark rooms and shut the door! Oh what fun those two are going to have together! - Once again, it was so great to see you this past weekend. You are amazing!!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers