Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quinn's First Haircut

In case you didn't notice (haha) Q has been in SERIOUS need of a haircut. His Daddy was ready for the haircut back in November, but I felt like he needed to be 1 first. Not sure why. But eventually even I realized it was time for the earmuffs, bangs, mullet, all other scraggly hairs to go. In keeping with tradition, we had to stick with Butch the Barber in Paris. He cut both of my brothers' hair, Kanyon, and Nolan's, so we had to have him give Quinn his first haircut.

Here he is waiting his turn, enjoying the last few minutes with his long locks

aaaaaaaaand this is what he did the SECOND I sat down.

and he never stopped. He ate blueberries and that might stop the screaming for a second or two, but he just screamed and screamed and screamed. BUT the hair was trimmed to a nice clean cut, big boy look.


We stayed in Paris a few more days to enjoy lots of fun times with the cousins. Here is little Mallory wearing one of my bonnets from when I was a baby.

She did a number on one of her outfits, so she had to wear one of my old sweatshirts until her clothes were clean. Is she not the CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD!??!!

Everyone stayed out at my parents' house the whole time because the weather was snowy and icy and we didn't want to risk not getting to be together. The boys went to work, but all us girls and the kids had a blast together during the day then the adults stayed up way too late at night. Uncle Clint gave Nolan and Kan a ride on his knees....

We bundled up klp in one of the boys' old ski suits

and he headed out with uncle Clint to bring in the firewood.

Ro doing what she does best "shooing" Quinn. That's what she calls it when she rubs their heads. She is so funny. She can't help but touch a baby's head or kiss it. Q loves the attention from the cousins!

After gathering firewood klp helped Gay Gay cook supper. Sheesh we are working that boy hard! Firewood and Cooking!

Nolan, Roselyn, and Kanyon decorated cookies one day. Well........ klp played with sprinkles. He emptied the whole sprinkle jar on one cookie. Nice.

aaaand this is what happens when you have lots of girl cousins. You run out of clean PJ's and THIS IS WHAT YOU END UP IN!!


Nolan and klp enjoying each others' company but doing their own thing. I really love this picture. These two have really been bonding the last few times we've been in Paris. They better because they're seriously outnumbered with all these girls!

This last picture describes Quinn to a T. He has a ball in his hand every single waking minute....and as you can see, sometimes 2!! He says "baa" for "ball" at least 6,000 times a day. He loves to throw them (though it took him a while to decide to throw a ball because he didn't want to let go of it)! Last weekend we watched one of our friends coach a bball game and the Chic Fil A cow was there handing out these red basketballs (the one Q is about to throw) and when I saw it I was soooo hoping he would give us one. It was the good rubbery kind (not the Nerf kind because Q eats those) and I knew Q would LOVE it..and Kanyon too. I felt like a 6 year old getting all anxious about making sure we got one. I didn't have to beg or attack anyone to get a ball. The kind cow just handed us one!! haha This picture also gives you a look at the "after" haircut look! :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love this post! And love the new haircut. He's such a big boy!

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

Awww. Love the purple pj's. My nephew doesn't stand a chance - he has five cousins and all of them are girls!!

Jodi said...

LOVE these posts!!! Ok, Quinn and Brooklyn might be destined for each other... I see so many faces they make alike!! Seriously, doing a double-take sometimes at his pictures, thinking "B does that face!!" Weird. Anyways, yay for all the postings... love them all.

Not sure I commented on the Kanyon post... but girl, he is AMAZING. So proud of him! And I totally get it with the communication thing... they know SO MUCH MORE than anyone gives them credit for! But his talking is awesome... and walking! And left hand! Oh my word, I am so proud. Kiss him big and slobbery from me and tell him he's a stud!! :) :) :)

The Speck family said...

Quinn's haircut is adorable and I love the pics of Kanyon in the snowsuit and girls pj's~ his expressions crack me up! I just read all about Kanyon's update and that boy is AWESOME. It is truly incredible to watch his journey and I just wish I could kiss his sweet little cheeks in person~ if we ever finally meet face to face I think I will just want to sit for hours and hours just to watch him! He is such a rock star.

Sydni said...

Quinn looks familiar to me. He looks like someone in my life I think, or something. Can't quite put my finger on it, but regardless, he is totally cute.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers