Friday, March 11, 2016

Thanksgiving Part 2

Quinn's 6th birthday was still a few days away, but he really wanted to have a party with his cousins, so we partied! Nothing like a trip to the motorcycle shop to inspire a motorcycle birthday party! 
He requested fire with his motorcycle guy.  

Please take note that the cake decorated left out the "H" in birthday .  So what?  Happy BIRTDAY.  

A special thank you to Aunt Gwen Ann and Uncle Pee Wee for the motorcycle posters from the shop to give us the motorcycle atmosphere.  

My favorite birthday cake making partner! 

We had a fun night celebrating with the Texas crew and we officially entered the world of Legos with this birthday! 

Juney with her good ol' Uncle Clint. 

Another trip to TD and another picture of Mal with her eyes crossed.  

Lots of people asked about our newest Montana cousin so this was the picture I got to show off to everyone in Texas.  Sweet smiley Jona Rae! 

Paw Paw and Gay Gay with their little people! 

A more accurate portrayal of these people. 

Ellie has this thing where she poses/makes her beautiful princess face.  It is VERY serious.  Jaylie's is a work in progress.  

With heavy hearts, we headed to the airport to make our way back to Montana.  Juney was fully prepared.  

When we got to the DFW airport we found out that our 90 minute layover in Denver was now an 8 and a half hour layover.  Not the best news. So we got to Denver and opted to get out of the airport for a while.  The aquarium downtown was a suggestion we kept hearing over and over, so we made our way there.  It was much more complicated than we included multiple modes of public transportation in which we were really just taking our best guess on what bus to get on going where.  The only good thing was that our kids had had VERY little sleep the night before (I had a 2 hour "nap" for sleep the night before) so everyone got to catch a nap.  

By everyone I mean the kids in my lap.  

We finally made it and enjoyed the aquarium.  

I can't remember why there was a tiger at an aquarium, but it was cool.  Q especially loved it. 

To complete the public transportation scavenger hunt we were accidentally on, we got to ride in a taxi back to the airport!  

We finally got on our plane to Great Falls and had a really cool pilot. He talked to the kids before the flight, then made sure they came and sat in his chair and "drove" the plane.  He let them push buttons and everything.  Really cool.  

It goes down as one of the longest days ever! Once we got to Great Falls we still had a 2 hour drive home.  As sad as we were to leave everyone in Texas this marathon of a day sure made being back to Montana look GOOD!  

It was a great 2 weeks.  Thankful is an understatement.  

1 comment:

martha crockett said...

I'm pouting because it's over.... (sigh)