Monday, July 16, 2007

Dr. Visit

Kanyon had his check up with Dr. Chris today. Dr. Chris was his neonatologist, but he is also a pediatrician, so that is really good for us! Everything was good with the check up. We are heading to Dallas Thursday to meet with the neurosurgeon for a CT scan. Please keep praying for his head. We aren't sure how much we'll learn--the Dr. just wanted to look at it and see where we were. We'll keep everyone posted on that. Here are a few pics from the last few days:

Sweet baby laying on our bed. He is starting to get more hair. It is so soft and fuzzy and kind of reddish!

We were cracking up at him when we took this..he had just had a bath and I guess it relaxed him. He was like a rag doll! Arms and legs limp...mouth falling open..eyes rolling around..He looked so content and happy! Check out that tummy!

Hugs from Kanyon!!!


OK..these are from the Dr. visit.

He weighed 7lbs. 5.5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Both of those are in the 25th percentile for a 25 weeker at his age. This is where the confusion happens with adjusted age (his would be about 1 week...they basically count him from his due date) and his chronological age (his would be almost 4 months...his actual birthday). He will have an adjusted age until he's about 2 and hopefully by then he'll be caught up with other kids born when he was. The percentiles from today are compared with other 25 weekers at this chronological age. That may be as clear as mud. Sorry.

Good Ol' Dr. Chris


Poor baby got 3 shots while we were there. He did cry louder than I've ever heard him cry, but only for a second and then he was through.

accidentally put this on there twice..can't figure out how to take it off. sorry.



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaymie, he's so cute and getting so big!! Way to go, Kanyon!! I love the limp noodle pic after the bath! We continue to pray for Kanyon, you, and Kory!!

Lynnie said...

Precious pictures. He is looking GREAT! THanks for keeping us updated! Praying for continued progress. You and Kory are wonderful parents! Give each other a hug from me! I am proud of you both!

Karen Porter Jones said...

Hey guys, he looks great. I'm glad he is getting stronger and more alert everyday. I will keep you in my prayers and pray for good news Thursday.

Anonymous said...

I love checking on Kanyon everyday (sometimes more than once!). My favorite part of Kanyon? It's his mouth!! He has the sweetest expressions.
You are all in our prayers.
Love, Julie Mitchen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates! Our church is still praying for Kanyon's head. He is so HANDSOME!! Love the pics!
Love ya Jaymie,
Tracie Cole

tleaf10 said...

Tell Kanyon I needed that hug!

Maddie said...

HE is so cute and sweet!

annalee said...

what a growing boy! i wish i could kiss his tummy today!!!

Anonymous said...

He gets cuter every day!
~Shasta

karen said...

Looking good! Thanks for keeping us up to date and for all the cute pics!
What's that on his foot at the doctors?

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

He is precoius! I love the hug pictures...I think that it speaks volumes, twice is good for me!

Karl and Andrea McDonald

Ashley said...

He is getting so big! He is precious & looks so cuddly! Glad to hear that that sweet boy is getting stronger & stronger.

Spencer said...

the new picts are great! im glad to hear the little guy is getting stronger! hope everythings going well! tell Gay Gay hi for me!

Julie said...

Thanks for sharing your new picutres. I love sharing the journey with you!!
Julie (Jodi's cousin)

Summer said...

I love it! The after-bath picture made me crack up and then a few seconds later I was almost crying because I am just so happy for you and grateful to the Lord for Kanyon's wonderful progress! I am also wondering what was on his foot at the doctor's office.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers