Friday, July 13, 2007

A few of Kanyon's favorite things

I figured after Ricky's intense comment on my last blog..I'd better get a post up here FAST! :) Things are going well here at home. Kanyon seems to be getting the hang of the eating thing a little better, so that is good. He has started to wake up a little more and his awake times are SO FUNNY! He is so alert and looking all around, kicking, squirming, and even trying to raise his head up. Most of the time his head just falls right back down, but we like to see him using those muscles. We have to be careful and not play too long so we can eat before he goes back to sleep. All you parents know how hard it is to feed a baby who wants to sleep! My mom is leaving today. It has been so fun and so helpful to have her here. Especially with the amount of time it takes for our warming bottle/eating/burping/pumping/washing bottles and pump stuff/mixing new milk with fortifier/diapering routine. Whew! We are getting a little faster though! Mom has been a HUGE help! Those of you who know my mom....Think she's taken many pictures????? :)
Here are some pics of Kanyon doing a few of his favorite things:

He LOVES this Rain forest soother thing. It makes outside noises and bubbles and lights up. I had several moms tell me to register for it. I did but had no idea that he would love it so soon. He loves it and shows it with his whole body!

Of course this is probably his most favorite thing to do. He's still got lots of growing to catch up on! A special thank you to Cousin Parker for picking out this fleece for him to make a blanket. He loves it! FYI some of you have asked..that bubble looking thing you see on his head..that is his temporary shunt. When we pump it the fluid collects there just under his skin and then reabsorbs into his body. If he has to have a permanent one, it will be in a different place and more hidden.

Tummy time! He loves to lay on his tummy! Today he was really raising his head up, making noises, and being so happy.


Have a great day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is one of the sweetest babies I have ever seen! Praise GOD for the progress he seems to make everyday! Love him all you can! They grow WAY too fast!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!!! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hold him.
Love ya,
Brandi

daughteroftheking said...

It is so wonderful to see the picture updates. He is such a little miracle Jaymie!
Mom's help is the best. There is nothing like your mom ya know? What a blessing that she could come and stay.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update... and thanks for the video clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSYGSk4gFX8 ... is kory the one in the grey outfit? just wondering.
keep enjoying the daily stuff...
ricky

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Such sweet pictures of Kanyon. I just love his cheeks!

Pearson Family said...

hgkfkkkfkfkkmknmjiireeeeeeeeeeeeiokkekkejjekkjfrt4koirirrirpioioioroik,plrlproppotoroloig3oiiiiiiiiiiiuihuikiogkiogkjgjhkjgkjk;hjkjgjkhkljhhk4jkhjkjhjhuhjjt0pikmnbnbvnk

Translation:

My GOD is SO BIG!

It is 10:06 pm and I was blog checking when I came across this one for the 10th time today (thanks for the update by the way) and saw the shout out to Parker. I went and got him out of bed so that he could see the blanket he picked out just for Kanyon. He wasn't asleep, so don't think I was a bad mom and ripped him from his sleepy slumber and he immediately said that he wanted to blog to Kanyon. So,I let him. AND that was his translation. Smart kid. So simple. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Kanyon seems to really enjoy being home..who could blame him with so many fun things to look at and play with. Prayer works. KT

Kelli said...

He is SO precious!!! Keep the pictures coming, girl! :)

Shara Smith said...

I really don't think that he could get any cuter! I just want to kiss his little cheeks! We love you guys and are so happy for you. I think of you often and we are still praying for Kanyon to keep growing strong! You guys are doing so awesome!! I am so proud of you for continuing to blog as if feeding/cleaning/changing doesn't keep you busy enough. I get so excited to see new pics and hear what is going on!

Love you guys!
Rick, Shara & Maddox

Unknown said...

Jaymie,
You have us so spoiled! I praise God that Kanyon is doing so well and that you all are home together. I know you'll miss your Mom. I think Mom's are never fully appreciated until the first baby comes along!
Thanks for the precious photos of the precious, beautiful boy.
I checked your prayer map. Surely Spencer is praying. I think you can color in Argentina now. That will make a big red splash!
Blessing,
Karol

The LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11

Anonymous said...

jaymie, that little face is so kissable! :) wish i could be there to give him one!
love you,
charlotte connally

Spencer said...

awesome i love the pics! so...did kanyoncito get my email??!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers