Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun Weekend in Paris

This picture is out of place....This is Kanyon visiting his great Aunt Gwen Ann and Uncle Brad at their shop....He was very happy to see Gwenny again!!! More on this later.
Kanyon and I went to Paris this past weekend for a baby shower. Kanyon didn't go to the shower, he got to stay with grandma. Even though he didn't get to go to the shower, he did lots of other fun things. Of course, I'll tell you about the weekend via way too many pictures.


Here is Avery wearing her Mrs. Potato Head glasses. She was so much fun! Roselyn was out of town, so Avery and Kanyon had some time just the two of them. She was so sweet. She would look at Kanyon and pat his head so gently and then be so excited. She will be a sweet, gentle big sister!

Friday was a HUGE day for Kanyon. Right up there with his homecoming and his first smile. He made his first trip to TACO DELITE! Those of you from Paris know how monumental this is. He slept most of the time, but I know he LOVED it! Here we are outside TD with Mo and Avery (and yes, I cut my hair).

This was his first time to meet his great Uncle Brad (aka Uncle Pee Wee) He owns a motorcycle shop, so it was a good thing Kanyon had been practicing riding his chopper last week with Kory because he got to "ride" on a real dirt bike. Uncle Pee Wee got one just his size.
Kanyon appears to be a little confused as to exactly how to drive this thing.
Uncle Pee Wee showing him how to hold the throttle....
And, like the smart boy that he is, he was practicing holding the throttle (and it looks like he was even making a motorcycle noise with his mouth).
Thanks for the "ride" Uncle Pee Wee!!!

Clint was in and out this weekend, but Rachel and Roselyn were gone the whole time, so he was out at mom and dad's house a lot. So...Kanyon got to spend some QT with his uncle Clint. Here is Kanyon giving Clint his birthday card.


Snoozing in the chair after Clint fed him (yes, he fed him..I was impressed!)
Kanyon woke up Saturday morning and mom got him and went to wake up Clint because he had to leave. When mom got up there, Kanyon and Clint both decided they needed a little more sleep, so they cuddled up and they both slept for a while longer. I was asleep downstairs (thanks mom) but luckily mom caught this sweet moment on her camera.


We went out to the land because Dad and his gang were camping out. Unfortunately Avery and Kanyon got out there and decided they were ready to go back in after about 10 minutes. Just one of those times that you're reminded things don't always go as you plan when you're with little ones.


Sweet smile for Grandmommy Thippy Thappy (long story on that name, but mom won't decide on a name and this one keeps popping up. Its from something we used to say when we were little kids)
Kanyon and Auntie Ali got to hang out some more this weekend.
He met his cousin Lara for the first time!

A special surprise was that great Aunt Nancye came to visit us! We were all very happy, and as you can see, Kanyon enjoyed cuddling with her.


He seems to have a way of putting people to sleep
We all know that when Aunt Nancye comes, she doesn't come empty handed. She comes with gifts that only she could find. She has a way of knowing just what we all "need". Like this furry bear hat. She takes it upon herself to keep us up on Baby Gap's latest inventory....we love it! This hat will be perfect for our Montana Christmas. Kory says it looks like an Ewok from Star Wars.
She also brought this wind-up bath turtle....it makes bath time even more fun. Yeah, can't you tell how excited Kanyon is!?!
Aunt Nancye and my mom gave him a bath. Kanyon got the royal treatment with both of them around this weekend. I got treated pretty great too, with all the helping hands!

One more quick note. We went to the Dr. yesterday to get our first flu shot. He weighed 11lbs. 3.5 oz. Yipee! And another "medical" update...Kanyon had probably his best day of therapy so far on Monday. He is getting so much stronger holding his head up. Me and Celia (his PT) were very proud. Keep it up Kan Man!





16 comments:

Marianne said...

Way to go Kanyon, King of Therapy! What a great weekend you had in Paris. Just doesn't get any better than Taco Delite. It was so good to see you and finally meet Kanyon. He is such a handsome guy. The pictures of Clint and Kanyon sleeping are just too good. OK now, about grandmother names. My friends were sure that the reason that David talked so late was because I had chosen a crazy grandmother name. Maybe we should all submit a name and have a grandmother naming contest! However, if Grandmommy Thippy Thappy keeps that smile coming then that should be it!!

Love you!
Marianne

Sydni said...

Hooray for our favorite little Ewok boy, although something tells me that the Ewok-sized Phillips cousin will come from this side of the family tree! Luf to all of you - CP

Anonymous said...

Kanyon..it was so great to meet you in person this weekend. I enjoyed talking with you and G.T.T.
You are LIVING proof of the power of a multitude of prayers!
I love the Ewok look...toooo precious!
Love you!
Molly

Pearson Family said...

Cute hair! TACO D! I am so jealous. Great pictures, and looks like sweet family time. Love you.

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

I'm so glad you and Kanyon had a good time in Paris. He is getting so big! Love all the pictures and really like the new hair due!

tleaf10 said...

Hey Jaymie! I like your hair cut ... very cute! and I just love seeing pictures of Kanyon. He is really growing and I especially love the smiles.I'm sure you do too ;)
-Terri

Beck Boys said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I would love some TD right now - maybe in November. I am so glad that therapy is going well. Thanks for the updates!

Jodi said...

Ooooooh, that smiley picture is too cute for words!!! Ok, all of them were, but that one is my fave! Glad you guys got to have a great weekend, and I am also glad that you all shared Rachel with me. :) Give that 11+ pounder a big kiss from me! LOVE you!

PS. LOVE your hair! I haven't seen it that short in ages! Too cute... you are so brave...

Anonymous said...

It is great to see Kanyon doing so well!!! He is sooo big, I can't believe it. I know all about the Taco Delight...I miss that a lot. You know their drinks are the BEST!!! Hugs and kisses, I am so thankful that you guys are doing well! Hope to see you soon!
Love Shelbi

Rachel said...

Your hair is so stinkin' cute! I hate that I missed y'all last weekend, but such is life. I love the pictures of Kanyon and Clint. Roselyn said to tell him hi and that she misses him.

Jessica said...

I am glad ya'll had a great weekend in Paris. Sorry I missed Sunday night, we went to see my parents. Hopefully we'll catch up this coming weekend. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

the pics with clint and kanyon are adorable, love them. so good to see you this weekend and hopefully again soon! love y'all!

annalee said...

kanyon is so cute in his hat and bathtub and your haircut looks too cute.

Anonymous said...

We just love seeing the pictures of Kanyon and his family and friends. It will be such a joy to get to hold him when you are here for Christmas! Thank-you so much for being such a great blogger.....it's been just wonderful to be able to stay in touch with you, Kory & Kanyon.....love, Marilyn

Amy Porter said...

Cute pictures!! The Mr. Potato head glasses made me laugh because I almost took that exact picture today of Blake! Mallory puts them on her face and then on Blake's face! Funny!! I love looking at your blog and all your great pictures! You do a good job!

Melissa Taylor said...

So glad his therapy is going well - he just keeps getting bigger and bigger every day. He looks great.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers