Wednesday, October 3, 2007

School Friends & Time with Dad

Kanyon finally got to meet some of my friends from school. These White Oak girls are the BEST, MOST FUN people to work with in the whole world. They were all so good to me when I came in as a clueless rookie and have become great friends of mine that I miss very very much. This is not everyone, but so far the ones who have been able to come and meet Kanyon.

First Grade
My fellow 2nd Graders! We're missing one, she was getting her hair cut.
Only a reason as good (and cute) as Kanyon could get me away from these gals!

Now for Part 2 of the post. Men and women are just so different..or should I say Moms and Dads. Different wiring in the brain. Now, I know I can be a pretty big goofy idiot, but I can't hold a candle to my husband (I mean goofy idiot in a good way...a silly way). Last night Kory was playing with Kanyon and I was getting the biggest kick out of it. I tried to capture a few moments without disrupting the fun for the boys.
Before things got too rowdy I snapped a cute one of them:

Kory says this is Kanyon riding his chopper (and yes, this was complete with motorcycle noises and everything)
I mean seriously...picking his nose...Kory (ok me too) laughed like 6 year olds. Why is that so funny?
All 3 "boys" taking a little break from the fun
We were getting ready to feed Kanyon some cereal and I sent Kory to get a bib...this is what came back:
Ohhhh dear.

14 comments:

Jodi said...

You have two great boys!! :) My fave is the chopper pic! Greatness. :)

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers this week. Love ya girl!

tleaf10 said...

Kory is really funny! Kanyon will appreciate the nose picking picture some day ... maybe. It looks like you guys just have a lot of fun! Miss you all,
-Terri

Unknown said...

It is so sweet to read about the joy God is blessing you with through Kanyon. And what a fun daddy! So happy things are getting kind of normal, whatever that is!
Hugs!

Sheridie said...

I'm amazed at how big Kanyon is getting! Those father/son moments are priceless! By the way, in the last pic, I think Kanyon may be turning his head away because he's embarassed about Kory wearing his bib! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, after having had children myself, I know how incredibly small the neck hole in a bib is. I am simply amazed at the fact that Kory got that bib around his neck!

Beck Boys said...

Love it. More fun times coming your way.

Anonymous said...

The one of Kory and Kanyon smiling is so sweet! Sorry I haven't been able to meet Kanyon yet. I would really love to someday but so far every time a group has come I have had a sick child at my house. Don't want to take the chance of spreading those germs to sweet Kanyon. Looks like you are enjoying being with your little guy--someday I will meet him in person!~Emily R.

Kelly said...

Just wait till he picks his nose on his own - while you are trying to get their picture taken professionally!!

Chels said...

you've got an awesome husband, Jaymie! I'm so happy for the two of you. What a sweet time you've always seem to have. And thank you for the post you made on Boothe's blog. I lost it reading your words, but it meant the world to me! You're awesome. love the updates!

Anonymous said...

Get used to it...men are so always like "that". I am dominated by boys, boys, boys. Tom, Jonathan, Andrew and our dog (Sonny B.) certainly have different wiring from me..I'm calm, mellow, organized and, uh, they are not. But it makes life FUN and we never have dull moments. :) Karen

Anonymous said...

I've been following your story from the beginning! I'm Charlotte's daughter, so besides your blog, she's been keeping me in the loop. I just want to say how proud I am of little Kanyon, he's such a trooper. I had my daughter about 6 months before you and Kory (you met her actually :)), so I know how much a child makes a difference in your life. Your last blog said that you missed the "mom" things that happen after your baby is born. Just know, that in my experience, that it takes awhile for that mom thing to kick in, but once it does, it doesn't stop. I don't even you know you or Kory, but I think about you every day and hope everything is going great in your lives. God has a way of keeping his eyes on those that love him most. We will always keep you in our prayers. Love, Heather, Paul & Mallory Pinson.

Sydni said...

Kory is just hilarious! I had hoped to see your new haircut. Maybe you'll be in your next post.

Love that sweet, growing boy.

annalee said...

so STINKIN' funny!!!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

It is so good to see Kory and Kanyon goofing around! Love the new pics.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers