Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Little Fighter

Since Kanyon's birth and with all that he has been through people have talked about what a fighter he has been and still is. So, when we were trying to decide what he was going to be for Halloween, it only made sense to let him be a fighter...a boxer to be exact. So, I whipped up a little costume...terrible quality....like sing song costumes (look good from a distance, but pretty rough up close and not guaranteed to last very long). It made it long enough for pictures and then it got cool enough we had to put clothes on him. But we kept the black eye all night.

"Coming out of the red corner in the gold trunks weighing in at 12 pounds with an undefeated record, fighting for the heavyweight title............ THE GRAND KANYON!!!"



We went to our trunk or treat at church. By the time we got there, he was pretty sleepy. His "boxing gloves" are socks stuffed with Kleenex and his black eye is black eye shadow. Check out this tough guy...
Once the sun started going down we had to put clothes on him. Here he is snoozing with Addison (with Chris) and Blake the giraffe (with Mark). Dads were on baby duty while moms passed out candy.
Here we are with Mindi and Addison the sweet little lady bug. She got to put her costume ON when it got cooler...it was too warm when the sun was out. So..they weren't dressed up at the same time. Oh well. I think they'll get over it.
This is Becky and Charlie Brown (Caleb). Caleb was Kanyon's first slumber party buddy. When Caleb was born he had a blood sugar issue so he was in the NICU for a night.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

16 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I LOVE me some GRAND KANYON! 12 pounds, a HEAVY weight!

Jodi said...

Those are great! I love me a good Sing Song costume! :) You did great! I especially love his name on the back... fabulous... :)

Mindi said...

J-me,
Can you email me the Dad picture? I didn't get to take that one! Christopher said something about it last night, but I had no idea what he was talking about, now I do!!

Mindi said...

J-me,
Can you email me the Dad picture? I didn't get to take that one! Christopher said something about it last night, but I had no idea what he was talking about, now I do!!

martha crockett said...

So typical of your creativity--a boxer! What a perfect idea. He will always be the champ to us!!!
Love you 3!

karen said...

How cute! Love the outfit! I am extremely impressed by the sewing skills - I couldn't have done it!

Anonymous said...

love the sing song quality costume! that cracked me up. you did such a good job! only 1 more day, yay!! :)

Shara Smith said...

Okay...winner of the cutest costume ever! Maybe it is because it has one of the cutest little boys wearing it. I LOVE it! Great job!

daughteroftheking said...

So cute what a perfect costume for Grand Kanyon!

TexasNeals said...

what a GREAT costume idea!!! he looked SO cute! wish we could have seen him in person. that black eye looks really real! :)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

TOOOOOO cute! And so clever! I LOVE the robe - "Grand Kanyon." I'm completely impressed.

annalee said...

that is SUCH a great costume! i am very impressed with your craftiness, and very impressed with kanyon the figher!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Keep the pictures coming. I love to look at them!!

Linda

Kyla said...

Okay, now that is unbelievably cute! Way to go on the costume! I'd say it beats sing song quality. You know something? I REALLY am dying to see you and Kanyon. We're going to have to do something about that!

Sarah said...

Very clever costume! I love it!

amie said...

Love his costume..such a cute idea!!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers