Sunday, February 17, 2008

Toys, Hats, Cousins, and Teeth

Happy belated LOVE DAY from our little CUPID!
Long time no blog, huh? Before I forget...we had our hearing screening that our preemie clinic Dr. suggested. He wanted to do this to make sure he wasn't not looking at things because he couldn't hear them. We didn't think that he had a hearing problem, but just wanted to mkae sure we MADE sure. Thankfully everything was normal. It would just be a cryin' shame to have the sweet ears he does and not be able to hear!

Ok..on to the TOYS!
Kanyon was played out. I guess all those toys aren't really that cool. The Palm Tree however, is fascinating!!
You might have to look kinda close at this one. When I put Kanyon on his tummy, he ALWAYS puts his right arm down to his side....we don't want him to do that. The other day I heard his chicken rattling and I thought, "OH GOOD! He's reaching for something." He was reaching all right...BEHIND HIM with that arm in the WRONG place. It's the no-look reach! Crazy Kanyon!
HATS! We had a few days where it was nice and sunny and kinda warmish. I realized that I needed to cover his bald head out in the sun, but I had never done that other than with warm winter hats. Luckily we had our hat that Cousin Sayler sent us last Christmas when Jayde and Kanyon were just tiny little pieces of excitement (and nausea) in my tummy! It was perfect for the sunny day protection and a snack for Kanyon all at the same time!
This new hat was part of Aunt Nancye's Valentine treat.
Speaking of.....Kanyon spent lots of QT with Auntie Nancye this weekend. We went to Paris and she came to love on Kan Man. He got to hang with Great Aunt Gwen Ann too, but those pictures are on my mom's camera.
Paris means COUSINS!!!!!!!! Avery and Roselyn were too much fun. Saturday night they got all wound up playing on the chair. They started out fully clothed, but wound up in just diapers. If you look closely you can see that Avery is sweating! They were having so much fun jumping and playing.




High fives and Walkmans are so last millennium. These two are SOOOO 2009




They give daps/knuckles

(does it make me so 1990's if I don't even know what to call it)














and rock out on an iPod. They've got some MOVES!














I'll leave you with this precious boy and his 2 pearly whites!









19 comments:

Molly Woodall said...

Oh Kan-Man...you are so talented. I wish I could grab things with my arm like that! WOW! And look at those pearly whites....what a beautiful smile!
Love you 3!

daughteroftheking said...

Precious!! He is wonderful Jaymie! So glad to hear the news from the doctor.
Love
Missy

The McCarter Family said...

Ahhh! What cute pics of Kanyon! I saw you across the way at church yesterday, but didn't get to talk to you! Hope you are doing well and not going too stir crazy!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love to hear good news!

he is super cute, those cousins are pretty sweet too.

love you
Susan

Anonymous said...

yay teeth! i can't believe that. avery and ros are so funny :)

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm so far behind. The past few weeks have been CRAZY so I have had little time to get on the computer. I love the Q & A you did. Hhhhhmmmm...what do SAHM's do all day...let me begin: laundry, dishes, feedings, diapers, repeat(all that), clean (the kids, the house), do the bills, cook the meals, repeat the beginning again, shower if it's a good day, clean the kids & house again, be an entertainer for the little ones, more feeding & diapers, which leads to more cleaning, and oh we can't forget to make quality time for the hubbies....what it's already 10:30 (p.m. that is) but I still have so much left to do! Ha Ha! I couldn't resist! Kanyon is so adorable in his hats. I can't wait to get together one day when both are babies are safe enough to be around each other. So glad to hear the check-ups went well. I'll be praying for yall for a sucessful and uneventful eye surgery. God Bless.
'Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint'
Isaiah 40:31
Wishing you all the strength in the world.
Stephanie Boutwell

Amy Porter said...

I love the behind the back, no look grab!! That is hilarious! He is just so cute! And what a great picture at the end showing off his teeth! I love it!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Oh Jaymie! How darling is he! I am so glad that we have this avenue to share pics and stories with. Maybe this will keep our kids from being complete strangers when we finally do get them together!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

The girls have messages, well, Laura does. Mary Nan is suddenly too tired. Laura says to say her message is "I love you." Anyway, I have to say your son has a gigantic grin that is great! Glad to hear his ears are good. Y'all take care!

Anonymous said...

I think the "no-look reach" is a mad skill. I love Kanyon's pictures - he always looks so happy!

Corbitt Family said...

I love seeing all his pictures each week! He is getting so big!

Meredith said...

I love the pictures!! I have to agree with everyone, the behind the back grab is awesome! Thanks for the updates! Praises for the great ears!!

Clay said...

Kanyon is already starting to practice his "behind the back" pass. That's great...

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

I love the pics! He is getting bigger by the day! Glad to know that his hearing is perfect!

*Kendra* said...

Love the pictures! His smile is the cutest!

Jodi said...

I too love the no-look grab. I want to yell "STICK!" like he is running a track relay or something. :)

That toothy grin is about the cutest thing I have ever seen! :)

Love y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

He is growing so fast! Two teeth already! :-) I just watched this video and I wanted to share it with you because I care. It is long, but well worth the watch. Here is the link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/2/14/why-vaccines-aren-t-safe.aspx

If you have trouble getting it to load all the way, you can also watch it from here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6351515212287981735&hl=en

May God continue to shower His blessings upon you!

In Him,
Elizabeth Larum (www.xanga.com/fotodelight)

Audra Caldwell said...

Kanyon has the same amount of teeth as Cade... I don't think he is ever going to get anymore! :) Hope you guys are all ok. Kanyon has such a sweet smile! It's only better with teeth! :) hehe.

The Celiac Diva said...

He is so precious, love the pictures and the update...that's awesome about his hearing be great!!!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers