Wednesday, February 27, 2008

11 Months

As you may have noticed on the little lilypie worm at the top of the blog, that little boy is getting close to the end of the worm....WOW! 11 months old yesterday. Unofficial weight (meaning taken at home on our scales): 15 lbs. Still wearing 3-6 month clothes, but starting to out grow the smaller ones. 2 bottom teeth with hints of a couple more on top. He has grown a lot of hair this month...the spike gets longer but so is the rest of his head that used to be bald. It now has a nice layer of soft fuzziness that is getting longer. His 10th month brought an explosion of physical awareness..he started looking stronger and doing more. This 11th month has been his happiest month so far. He laughs, talks, squeels, giggles, and interacts so much. I would go so far as to call him a ham-- espeically at about 10:30 at night....he is feeling really good then! I feel like we've watied forever ro this and I'm so glad. It is so much fun.

Here are a few pics of the last week:
Wearing Daddy's hat from work. How could you NOT buy a Mueller building when you see this?!!
OK, I am not happy that Kanyon has crooked foot and we are defintitely working to get it fixed, but it is such a little trademark that sometimes when I see it I just think its cute. Well, the other day we were "getting out" and driving and I turned to look back and I saw those sweet feet with that one little crooked one that melts my heart. I just had to take a picture.
Snoozing after his morning hunt. (not really, he's just wearing camo.)
Now for the 11 month pictures...which I happened to be taking at about 10:30 last night (remember what I said earlier about 10:30). Well, he was having a good ol' time rolling all over. That is what he's doing in the first one...preparing to roll and laughing like its hillarious!
I snapped this in an instant between rolls and goofiness.
I didn't plan on this being a long post, but I'm not through yet. I have to honor the 11 months! Some will be heavy, some light, some are universal to all new moms, and some might be unique to our "experience".

11 Things Kanyon Has Taught Me
1. 1 pound micropreemies don't have booty cheeks. The first time I changed his diaper I almost freaked. His hiney looked like an elbow! The nurse must've noticed my surprise because she said, "He doesn't have cheeks...cheeks are fat and he has no fat."
2. Speaking of, he taught me how to change a teeny tiny diaper and not pull out any tubes, IV's, or cords. Tricky.
3. A baby so tiny could carry me through the darkest days of my life. He truly did and still does.
4. TOO much medical information ranging from his first day of life to now, I know way more than I ever planned on.
5. How to make just the right sound to make him laugh. I learned last week that that sound is not universal. I tried to make our friend Blake laugh so I made the sounds Kanyon likes. Blake just stared at me. Kinda makes you feel dumb.
6. Put your finger behind the zipper when you zip his PJ's to keep from zipping up some skin. Learned that one the hard way. oopsy.
7. I can do just about anything with one hand.
8. Pain doesn't care who you are.
9. Age is just a number...we grow at our own pace no matter what age we are (or ages in Kanyon's case..he has like 3 different ages).
10. We have the best families and friends in the WHOLE world. Seriously, we do.
11. GOD never leaves us.
OK, I don't feel like figuring out how to get the video to post on here, so I'll give you the link. I told you this has been Kanyon's happiest month....click on this link to see and hear this happy boy. (try not to hear his annoying mom's voice...so embarrassing.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3k2BXOUPQ

24 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh. My. Gosh! That video has my cheeks hurting from smiling!!! Seriously! He is just so precious. And let me tell you that Kanyon has also taught ME a lot over the last 11 months. I just love y'all so much and love him to pieces! Give him Big Happy 11 Month kisses from me. :)

tleaf10 said...

That had to be the BEST video I've seen in a long time! He sounded like a little boy with his little giggles :) I'm so glad for 11 months and am excited about his big 1! I HAVE to get down there soon!

Anonymous said...

i...just...LOVE HIM!!! i can't wait to go home so i can hear that awesome video with sound. oh i just wanna squeeze him!

annalee said...

i was already tearing up reading the 11 things he has taught you, but the video pushed me over the edge! is there anything sweeter than the sound of his precious giggle?! i love it! thanks for sharing.

Sydni said...

I'd definitely buy a Mueller building (poor Clint) after seeing that picture... I just don't have a place to put one.

That video is the THE BEST!

April Carrasco said...

Jaymie, I always check your blog. I was in Rachel and Clint's wedding. I am one of Rachel's childhood friends. Anyway, my husband works for Mueller in Lubbock, it is such a small world. I had never heard Rachel mention that Kory works at Mueller too. Sorry, I just had to post that. I love watching Kanyon grow!

Tammy said...

I love that sweet picture with his daddy's hat! Thanks for sharing the video too. He sure has some sweet giggles! We love you guys. It sure is hard to believe he is already 11 months old. He sure has come a long way!

pruittsplace said...

jayme... as i watched the video, the next "kanyon" video was this one. you've got to check it out. the best part is the first 5 seconds! ha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7Z-gzRpfw&NR=1

hey call me and i'll tell you how to embed the video on your blog. basically, go to youtube video online. you'll see a grey box to the right, it has an "Embed" box, copy the text in that box.
then... go to your blog. sign in. go to dashboard. go to posts. select edit on that post that you just wrote "11 months". then, instead of posting in the "compose", you want to "edit html". then just read your post and paste the stuff you copied from youtube onto the place in the blog you want it.
somebody else walked me through it once... so i'm passing my deep knowledge over to you now.
should i keep going? because this could be a record length comment and i don't want to stop short if i'm close. am i close? just wondering. happy #11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What sweet baby sounds! He is getting so big. He is absolutely adorable!!!!! Peggy C

Anonymous said...

Very sweet pics. I love his 11 month pics with his knees flexed up against his chest-very precious. Jaymie, I went to a continuing education class today that was phenomenal and I learned some very interesting new PT stuff and I immediately thought of Kanyon and would love to share some of the info with you. If you're interested, please email me at emrosser@hotmail.com.

Erin Westrom

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that the sound of laughter is music to God's ears. It's our babies ways of praising Him. And Kanyon does it beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jayme, you don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for 11 mos. now and can't believe that Kanyon will be 1 soon. Time passes by so quickly. I try to look at your blog every day to see what Kanyon is doing and if there's any new pics. He's so cute. I have a 7 month old and feel drained at some times, but I know that what I'm dealing with is nothing compared to what you've been through the last 11 mos. Just letting you know that there are still folks out there reading your blog and praying for your family that you don't even know. God Bless!!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Jaymie,
I can't believe Kanyon is 11 months! He's gotten so big! I love his adorable grin and the 11 things...so sweet! Glad to hear he's doing so well! Love & miss y'all.

jackie said...

Hi Jaymie. I saw the picture of Kanyon in the Muellers hat. So, does your hubby work there? My hubby works there and we have almost an identical picture of our son in a Mueller hat. I thought it was pretty funny. Kanyon is precious.

Melissa Taylor said...

I love the video - there is nothing sweeter than baby giggles. He's getting so big and so handsome.

karen said...

Oh Jaymie, how special! I lvoe the 11 month pictures! He's SO big!

linda ford said...

That was the sweetest sound with all his giggles and laughing!! For 11 months, we have been praying for this moment.

We love you all.
Tim & Linda

Meredith said...

Jaymie! Yay on 11 months! I cannot believe how fast this year went by. Kanyon is so precious and I love his little foot too! I saw that my sis-n-law already posted about the Mueller hat. I didn't know that Kory worked there and I was going to say that Mark's brother John works at the branch in Abilene. Small world. I love all of your updates!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Like everybody else said, we loved the video. Your voice didn't sound annoying, either. Make sure you keep that post. We love y'all! Oh, last night Laura told me that Kanyon is a beautiful boy, so I thought I'd pass that on.

Pearson Family said...

TOO CUTE! 226 views on that sweet video! He is an amazing little boy, with amazing parents who have taught us ALL so much over the past 11 months! We love you!

The Celiac Diva said...

LOVED THE VIDEO!!! So precious...thanks for sharing your heart with us!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Hi Jaymie! This is Aimee Akin,we met in the hospital right after you delivered your baby's. I brought my daughter Abi to meet you. Kanyon is just adorable! I love to check your blog and to look at the miracle of your son. Our God is so awesome!! I wanted to ask you a question so I was wondering if you could email me. My email is lil_blesins@yahoo.com. Thanks so much! Thank you again for sharing the gift that God has given to you and your husband w/ so many people!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Love that video! Love that sweet little boy!

TexasNeals said...

i am laughing through tears. so many people are so deaply touched through he and jade's life and the way that you and kory have handled things. thank you for who you are. you make me smile...and kanyon is insanely adorable!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers