Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kanyon's Menu

I really don't have much new to post about, but I thought you might be interested in seeing what kinds of things Kanyon likes to dine on each day. Here is a sample of his menu the last couple of days:

Drumsticks....he loves a good chicken leg!

same thing here, i just couldn't pick which picture to post!
My shoulder. I have a permanently soggy shoulder.
Butterfly wings...a delicate, yet delicious snack.
Mommy's milk....by far his LEAST favorite thing to put in his mouth. Based on his eating habits, its a miracle that I was able to catch him with the bottle in his mouth. Usually he clamps down and won't open.
Elastic...chewy and long lasting. He holds this blanket when he is taking a bottle. It has a little loop on it that I think is made to attach a paci. This little loop is Kanyon's latest obsession. He always manages to find it and go to town on it.
Eating blanket...silky and furry. Again, this is his blanket we use for eating. Without fail, he prefers the blanket to the bottle. Must be good. And yes, I've tried hiding the bottle in the blanket to sneak it in his mouth...doesn't work. He's a quick one, that Kanyon.
Frog Legs!!!
Bandana..every good Cowboy has one. We don't really have a blaket for him to carry with him or whatever (I do, but I'm waiting til he's older). He loves to play with things and eat them, so I figured I have tons of bandanas. They make a nice blanket, but allow him to maintain his manly-ness.
Tiger tail...he's quite an exotic eater.
Not pictured:
The ever present and always yummy-- hands
Mommy's hair. (Impossible to get a picture of him since I have to lean over..plus, I really try to keep it out of his mouth...that's nasty. )
Just a little taste of our last few days. Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Sydni said...

I can't think of a better way to start the week than with this totally cute, clever and hilarious post!

THANKS for blogging!!! (I know, I say that all the time)

Love that boy and his parents!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

What an appetite! I can't see that sweet face without just smiling here at the computer. He just kinda has a sneaky-sweet online persona I think. Y'all take care!

Molly Woodall said...

WOW Kanyon...you definitely have expensive taste buds. Those are so sweet.
Love you all!

Anonymous said...

oh man i'm cracking up. those are hilarious. hopefully, see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Frog legs mmmmmmmmmm
Jaymie, he is sooooo CUTE!!!!!!
I just want to squeeze him.
LY,
MoM

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

jaymie,
i love kanyon's little "dinner menu". very cute! thank you for your prayers, i'll keep you posted. i should know more after today. we missed y'all this weekend. hopefully we'll get down y'alls way in the next month or two.

martha crockett said...

That was priceless! Thanks for going to the effort of creating such clever "verbage", as well as the photos! The mundane is interesting when it's a/b someone you love.

Pearson Family said...

Thank you for the photos! And very creative! Love you!

Tammy said...

Yummy! I love your creative narration! What a sweet boy! He looks so serious chowing down on all those toys!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Sweet post. He is so precious. I can't wait to see him.

Jodi said...

11 MONTHS! Just can't believe it! :)

pruittsplace said...

what... no rocks? dirt? grass? c'mon... you've got to get the kid out! he's gotta grow up sometime.
cooper seems to have found his hands. of course, he doesn't knwo what they are for or how they get to his mouth... but when they do its "yehaa-go-to-town" time.
c ya!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers