Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flashbacks

Before I go on, I have a feeding camp update. Inpatient got moved AGAIN to Monday. I am a little frustrated, but I know they can't help it. They are having to move things around to even get us in, so I just have to wait. I am ready to get that going! Until then, we're doing the day thing and hangin' with Kasey at night!

OK..now for the flashbacks: I took these a few weeks ago but am just now getting a chance to get them on the blog. Here is the ring pictures from the day Kanyon was born. I knew then that the whole ring as a bracelet thing was crazy, but I don't think it completely set in. Now,I just can't believe it. And it was loose on his arm!


This was taken sometime in mid-June

And this was taken in early April
This just shows how tiny that hole is that his whole arm fit through. That same wrist in this picture went right in that ring. Unbelievable.

These got out of order. They were taken at the same time we took the June ring pics. He was "big" then and he was still just a little joey (baby kangaroo).




This picture was taken a few weeks after he was born. Our friend Amy made this bow and took this picture (it was the same time we took the first bball picture).
Almost exactly one year later. same bow. same boy.



Well, that is that. It seems like the further out from the birth I get, the more it starts to hit me just how insane it was that my babies started out so small. I would give anything to see Jayde one year later. All of this just reminds me again how blessed we are to have Kanyon. Happy Wednesday everyone!

14 comments:

daughteroftheking said...

Wow what pictures! Kanyons little fingers look almost chubby in the most recent one! He is an amazing little boy.

Kelli said...

It is extraordinary to look at those pics of a tiny Kanyon and see this growing baby boy just one year later! It's miraculous to see how far he's come, and even more amazing to think of how far he will go as he gets older. You are living an awesome story! Kanyon is a precious reminder to all of us of the Lord's faithfulness and power. Y'all are in my prayers!

Jodi said...

Precious Lord, what a difference a year makes! We are amazed at the miracles you have worked in Kanyon, and we are blessed for getting to witness them! We praise you for your fingerprints that are all over this family and their precious son, and we marvel at how far you have brought them. Continue to do so, and help that little guy to eat and eat and eat so he can keep growing and growing and growing! And thank you for holding little Jayde in your Almighty Hand. In the name of your own precious Son, Amen.

Sarah said...

Seriously, I remember looking at these pictures and just being in shock at how tiny he was. I don't know if there is another word that better describes Kanyon, other than possibly miracle! We pray for you guys and will be praying for the feeding issue, it'll get better!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

You are always on our minds...we also pray for you and Kory being apart...
with all our love,
McDonald Family

Jr. and Christie Cox said...

Man! Those pictures are amazing! Hang in there...I can see how all of this could get frustrating. Just want you to know we are thinking/praying for you and Kanyon. We are keeping our Wed. Bible Class updated on Kanyon's Camp info. We Love You!
Christie & family

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to see how big he has gotten. He is such a cute little guy and I am sure a sweet one too. Just imagine that Jayde is swinging on some gold swings with Janey!

sharon said...

ooohhhh. i loved those tiny wrists, and i love the current chubby ones!! i just love that boy so much.

Hilary said...

Wow the pictures are AMAZING..Kanyon has grown so much! Hope eatin' camp gets going and he does great!! :)

Hilary said...

Wow the pictures are AMAZING..Kanyon has grown so much! Hope eatin' camp gets going and he does great!! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Y'all are sure in my prayers with all the food camp stuff. It's amazing the difference a year makes in those ring pictures. Love y'all!

Unknown said...

Jaymie and Kory,
My prayers are with you and will be with you especially on Sunday.
My new memory verse I'm working on is:
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; "
Psalm 37:7a
I think I'll be working on this one for the rest of my life!
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
2 Corinthians 13:14
Love you,
Karol
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge."
Psalm 62:5-8

Chris and Becky said...

NOW THAT IS ONE BIG BOY! GOD IS TRUELY AMAZING! HE CAN GROW A WONDERFUL LITTLE BOY LIKE KANYON. I LOVE THE SIZE PICTURES. THE BASKETBALL PICTURES ARE ALL MY FAVORITE. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the bow picture is going to be one of his favorites when he gets older!!!! He is so handsome. Where does that come from Gay-Gay side of the family? We love you guys and are still praying in Paris. Robyn and Russ Figgins

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers