Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!


I didn't mean to make this picture first, but this computer is killing me. I wanted to post it because this was him last year on Mother's Day. He was at Children's in Dallas. The ones coming up with him in the red shirt are from this year's Mother's Day. This year was much better!
OK, I got my cord (and i still can't figure out how to put my text in the right place..this computer is crazy).

These pictures are from last weekend when Kory came in. We went down below the loft and had some yummy Cold Stone. This first picture of my boys was happening as I was walking to the table. I am so glad I captured this moment...they just can't help but laugh at each other!

This is Kanyon's new face. He wrinkles his nose when he smiles as if he's trying to show you a little personality!
My sweet spike boy on Mother's Day.



Ok, if he won't even look at this yummy ice cream he BELONGS AT FEEDING CAMP!
He won't eat ice cream, but all he cared about later that day was eating his Bumbo.
I mean seriously...this pic shows some of my favorite things about Kanyon: spike, eyelashes, blue eyes, ears, and little crooked foot.


Here is a cool little hot rod they give us here at the hospital. They call it a Kid Cart and it allows him to sit up big and tall with good support. The more his body feels that weight of sitting up, the better.





Here he is in his kid cart all buckled in.
















Doodle came over the other day and visited us for the afternoon...we can't wait to go visit her and her little boy in the hospital when he's born!


Bath time

Here is a picture of part of our room. It is hard to get a picture. It is basically a hospital room but just decorated and painted with cute bright colors.

This is our home..the IV looking thing is the way he gets his food from the tube.

This morning was busy around here. The Mavs mascot Champ and a Mavs player (Eric Dampier I think...i can't remember his last name, and lets face it..keeping up with the Mavs hasn't been a huge priority lately.). The green thing is the bookworm from Half Price Books. Don't know why he was here. I knew they were coming so I dressed Kan in his Mavs gear (thanks again Paul and Katie). It was a hit.

No kidding Champ took Kanyon walking around for a while..he liked him. As you could see, Kanyon could care less.
















Things are going OK. We are needing Kanyon to start taking more and more by mouth. We are praying he shows progress..if he does, they will keep him and keep working. If he doesn't, we can't just stay here forever, so they'd send us home on the tube and let us get better at home. I am really hoping that he will show progress...I know that means we'd be here longer, but we'd be able to get lots of help and get further down the road. So...thanks for your prayers.

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh man, we are praying like crazy for progress! Eat little man, EAT! :) Loved all the pics. Especially the close ups in the red shirt. I mean seriously, such a cutie! Glad Dallas is treating you ok... you are a FABULOUS Mommy!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Just want y'all to know y'all are all three in our prayers that this works and the time apart goes by fast.

Kara said...

i love the picture of his big blue eyes! such a sweet little guy!

Jessica said...

I love the pictures. His spike on mother's day looks more like a mohawk! He's such a cool dude. Thanks for keeping us updated. We will pray that he starts showing some progress! Love ya'll!

TexasNeals said...

jaymie, he is just beautiful! glad you had a nice mother's day. :)

The Baldwin Family said...

What a difference a year makes! He is so cute and has really come a long way in a year. You guys are in my prayers.

Kim
thebaldwinbaby.blogspot.com

Got Faith? said...

Hey Jaymie, this is Meagan, Jeff Nutt's wife. I just wanted to say that we're praying for sweet Kanyon! I LOVE the pic showing his big beautiful blue eyes! He seems to have such a sweet demeanor; maybe one day I'll be able to meet him in person, and you guys too! But until then, we're thinking of you and hoping for miraculous progress!!!

Kacy said...

Loving you and praying for you Jaymes...

Absolutely LOVE the picture in the bumbo that shows your favorite things - he is so sweet!

Kelly said...

Hope things are going well w/Kanyon. Just popped over to say hi.

Kendra said...

Praying for you guys a lot. Thanks for updating!

Kelby said...

Sweet Mavs jersey and even sweeter pick with the mascot.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers