Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tube Dude

Once again, this picture was not supposed to go here. Mickey and friends came to the hospital yesterday. I am a bad mom..i forgot that they were here and didn't take him, but he was asleep anyways. His PT got him a Mickey though so that was very nice. Kanyon really likes him. In fact, he's lovingly chewing his face off as I type this.

















Not much new news here...Kanyon is tipping the scales at 16 lbs! Things are still moving pretty slowly, which is frustrating at times, but is to be expected. He is still off and on with the eating but is overall doing a little better. Every little bit helps, right? We have a "team meeting" tomorrow where I will sit down with all the therapists and Dr. and talk about his progress, goals, and plan from here. I may have already told you all this, but I'm too lazy to check my last blog. As I told you before, Kanyon thought that pulling his tube out was cool, so after a week with that tube the tape on in was pretty insane. He would pull something loose and we'd have to tape it..then tape over it and over it. It got out of control! He was playing in is exersaucer yesterday and accidentally pulled the tube out. It wasn't all bad because we really needed to get the tape situation under control anyways.




Here he is being a tape model. Believe it or not, he left it alone after about a day. Even all that tape didn't bother him.



















He's decided that my camera is really cool..he was going after it while I was trying to take his picture.




















too bad there isn't a medical equipment modeling agency...i think this picture could sell some tape.


















Showing off his bottom toofies!




















See, he even does the "stare off into the distance" modeling pose
















Here he is with his newer tube and tape..it is much neater and we even trimed it down more last night so it is even better. He went from the grungy look to the sleek look. He pulls them both of pretty well if you ask me.



Ok, enough talking about how cute my kid is...is that wrong? I mean, I realize there are lots of cute babies who would be great tape models. I just happen to like this one the best.
On another note, he sat up by himself several times for 7 seconds with his PT yesterday! GO KANYON!

Speaking of, its time for PT..maybe he can make it 8 seconds today!

20 comments:

Kelly said...

How tall is Kanyon? Just curious. And yes, I would buy tape if he modeled it!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Poor little guy! I'm glad he quit messing w/ the tape at least. He would make a great model. Glad to hear he's making some progress. Tell the little monkey man to keep it up!

Kaela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaela said...

I feel this sudden urge to go out and buy a TON of tape!! What's that all about??

Kelli said...

Way to go Kanyon! I would buy tape from him for sure.

Jodi said...

Don't you dare ever apologize for talking about how cute your cutie is!!! :) I hate seeing him with tubes again, but I am glad that the tape is finally ok with him. He looks so darn cute with that sweet smile... LOVE HIM! We're praying for a great meeting with the docs...

Jodi said...

Oh, and GO KANYON sitting up all by yourself! Eight seconds to glory, kid!

erin f. said...

It's okay to brag, he is the cutest tape model that's ever lived!

Anonymous said...

He's so darn cute even with all that tape on; you can definately talk about him as much as you want. All your blog readers think he's pretty cute too!! Hope the care conference goes well tomorrow. We'll be praying that you get to stay and continue making progress.

Anonymous said...

It has been FOREVER since I have written on this...so sorry! But i check it daily! Mr. Kanyon is the cutest! My Macy would sure love to meet him!...I think she might have a little crush already just by looking at the pictures of him! He is the cutest tape model I have ever seen! So proud of him for everything he has overcome! And what GREAT GREAT parents you and Kory are! Will say an extra prayer tonight for the meeting tomorrow! GOOD-LUCK!

Love,
Scott, Christina, & Macy Moffitt

The Morgans said...

Hey Jaymie, sure do miss your smiling face around here and that cute baby you tote around! We miss you like crazy and are so thankful for your blog!!! Saw Kory last night and got a little Kanyon update. We love you and are thinking of you constantly! Hang tough and heres hoping that boy makes the 8 second buzzer today! :-)
Love ya,
Maggie

ewall said...

oh my goodness that boy is precious!

The McCarter Family said...

He is such a little trooper! So glad that he is making progress, even though it is slow - it is what it is! Keep your head up and know that we are all praying for you!

karen said...

Well done Kanyon, you sitting up guru!!

Jaymie, in Kanyon's close ups it looks like his eyes are focusing more, that's great to see. Has his eye surgery of recent done good, or is it just the pictures?

Molly Woodall said...

What a BEAUTIFUL little boy. And do not apologize for bragging on the Grand K...he has the most precious smile and is doing GREAT!
Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

love the tape pics....so cute and his eyes are just so SWEET!!!! love you guys so much!
TAM

Marianne said...

Kanyon's "sitting up" times remind me of counting a cowboy's bull ride. What a guy!! Anxious for the team report.
Love you

Jessica said...

He looks great! I hope mommy is doing well too. I think of ya'll often. You remain in my prayers. I love all the tape pictures. More pictures to look back on and laugh at. We love him and we love you!

Mindi said...

Kanyon,
I think that you could have a career in tape/tube modeling! (hopefully not a long career) Guess what, I finally have another tooth and I like to grind them together just like you taught me! I can't wait until we can play again! I miss you buddy!
Addison

Mindi said...

Kanyon,
I think that you could have a career in tape/tube modeling! (hopefully not a long career) Guess what, I finally have another tooth and I like to grind them together just like you taught me! I can't wait until we can play again! I miss you buddy!
Addison

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers