Friday, March 4, 2011

GIRLS!!!

I feel like one of the richest blessings in my life is my friends. I am so blessed by the friends I have from each different part of my life. The months of December and January were like DREAMS COME TRUE!! I got to spend time with 2 groups of my very very best friends. These particular groups of friends are both from ACU. One group is a year behind me in school, so that kind of makes me the grandma of the group I guess. The other is a group of gals my age from ACU. Here is a little recap of those great times.

Here is the "younger" group. The Wilson's hosted a FANTASTIC weekend of celebrating Kasey's upcoming wedding in San Antonio. We all flew in and were pampered and fed to our hearts' content! This was the first time in a very long time for us to all be together. To say it was good for my soul would be an understatement. Kasey managed to make us all feel so special and it HER wedding...we are supposed to make HER feel special!

Here we are at the classic "girl" lunch place. La Madaline

Kasey, Me, Kyla, Megan

Sharon, Erin (holding August...Sharon's daughter), Nina (holding baby Evelyn in her tummy), Chelsea, and Katie. I think we stayed at that restaurant for at least 2 hours!


In January, one of my favorite holidays of the year rolled around....MLK DAY!!! This has been the designated weekend that my girlfriends from college get together every year. We just meet up at someone's house and enjoy being together. I missed last year because I had a new baby and a late Christmas celebration with my family. So that made this year EVEN BETTER!!! We laughed, cried, talked, ate, talked, shopped, laughed, laughed, caught up, reminisced and laughed. We weren't all there and missed the girls that couldn't make it, but that is the great thing about having a designated weekend ....we always have next year! The love runs deep in this group. We've been through a lot and carried each other through some dark days and celebrated in some happy days!! Here is the crew that was there this year: Beth, Mary, Kayci, Christine, Kate, Kami, Mindi, and Me. This was right after a sweet older man paid for ALL OF OUR LUNCHES because he thought we were nice. WOW!!

2 weeks after a great MLK weekend was the actual weekend of Kasey's wedding!!! Here we are at rehearsal dinner.

Megan, Katie, Erin, Me, Chelsea, and Sharon


Chels, Katie, Kasey the bride, and Me before the wedding!

At the reception (which by the way was probably the prettiest most gorgeous and cool reception ever). Megan, me, Kyla, Chels, Sharon, Erin (Nina was too pregnant to travel so we missed her!)

We blew noise makers as they left...

My girl Sharon

Me and Kory. The husbands that came were troopers to put up with all our crazy antics all weekend.

Chels, me, Erin


I mean really. I felt totally guilty that I was gone from home so much those 2 months, but they were the BEST weekends I've had in a LONG TIME. The first time I was in SA I was only gone one night so Kory handled it alone. MLK weekend Kory's mom and Aunt and Uncle were here so i felt zero guilt. I knew Kory had lots of help and they had a blast. The weekend of the wedding my boys went to my parents' house, so that was fun for all. Rachel and Clint spent a lot of time out there too while my boys were there, so Rach sent me these pictures of their time while I was gone:

This pic is SOOOO Roselyn. She can't help but kiss the babies. She really can't help it.

Clint taking the kids on a Mule ride

Rachel and klp

klp and Nolan having fun at meal time....notice their spaghetti faces...nice.

.......speaking of spaghetti face!!!

Ro showing off her beautiful dress and beautiful smile!

This weekend really catapulted Kanyon's LOVE for Ro Ro!! he talked about her all the time. And since he's so obsessed with her, he wants to wear what she wears....even if its a gold sequin dress. So they put it on him....they made it into a tank top...you know like a basketball jersey...that's what they told me to to make me feel better about my son wearing a dress! haha!!

And that concludes the GIRLS WEEKENDS updates!!!!

2 comments:

Brooks Family said...

so glad you got to spend some much needed time with all your friends; i think getting away sometimes makes me a better mom! your kiddos are so precious; as you are too!

Teresa said...

Thanks for posting the pictures at Kasey's wedding. Looks like a great time for all!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers