Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nursery Tour

I said a long time ago that I would post pictures of the nursery once I got it finished. Well, 4 1/2 months after I had my babies, I'm done...kinda. I still have a few more things to do, but this will work for now. So, I will take you on a virtual tour. Don't get too excited, I'm not an interior decorator.

A shout out goes to the one and only Mary Beard Thompson for doing all of my bedding and window treatments. She is AMAZING and was so cute and smart picking all of this out. I could have never come up with this. She made it so great...coordinating, yet different.

Here is the door...duh...sorry I just felt like I had to put a caption.
I LOVE my window treatments! (Polka dots from the bedding)
Great shelf made by my uncle Steve (I left room for fun things I know we'll acquire as we grow). Me and my teacher self had to get those so fun books in there ASAP! This dresser was a NIGHTMARE! My awesome Sis in laws and mom helped me paint it the first time (notice all of the trim and straight lines). Then it started to all peel off because the paint people gave me the wrong paint!!!! SOOO my great friends Jill and Amy saved me and helped me STRIP this stupid thing and then prime it and repaint it. UGGHH! YEAH! BEDS! Hopefully you can click on these pics and see them up close so you can see all the fun fabrics (thanks Mary). The stripe you see on Jayde's bed is also on Kanyons bumpers and a tiny bit on his bed skirt...see, she ties it all together!
Kanyon's bed
Jayde's bed
A shot from the door, mostly I wanted to get the rug in there.
I already had the beds up and done when the babies were born. I wasn't and am still not ready to take her bed down yet. The room was pretty unisex since a boy and girl were sharing it, but I had to make a few adjustments to make sure it was manly enough for Kanyon. That is where the dark chocolate brown and iron cowboy stuff came in. Like I said, I'm not an interior decorator, but I mean really...like Kanyon cares!

14 comments:

leslee said...

Jaymie,
I think the nursery is great... like you said, Kanyon does not care... and he probably won't ever, but you never know.
I think it is good that you left Jayde's bed up, and that you mention her from time to time, even though I am not a professional therapist, I think it would have to help to remember her...after all you spent much time planning for her.
I am sure I can't even imagine your pain and sadness at times, but I am thinking of you every day! and you continue to be in our prayers....I told Susan when we were there that I would have been so sad that I couldn't use her name, b/c I know we thought long and hard about the names we chose, and how much we loved the name and all the hope it held...
Well, don't want to be a downer, just let you know, you will know when the time is right for you and yours....love to you, lf

Jodi said...

Jaymie Gay... it is AWESOME! I love it! Last time I was there you had beds and walls... that's it! Seriously, I love it. I would live there for sure! :)

Audra Caldwell said...

The room is absolutley cute! I'm sure Kanyon loves his cozy bed. We love you guys! Audra

Julie said...

Jaymes..
Love the nursery...One word of advice...Just make sure when Canyon is old enough he doesn't climb on the book shelves with his first cousin and make it come tumbling down. Do you remember two girl cousins who did the same on Cedar Street? Oops...
Anyways...The Nursery looks great! I'm very proud of you and Kory and continue to pray for you both daily!

Love you...
jules

Kaylane said...

Too cute!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I check your site every day to see if you've posted anything new....so keep em' comin'!!

Have a great day!
Kaylane Crandall

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love it!

And I love that you have kept Jayde's bed up. Do what feels right for you and Kory b/c only the two of you can understand the feelings that come with this journey.

I am so glad that i have seen it so I can go shopping for a few manly things

Love you couz!
Susan

sharon said...

The fact that you used the term, "window treatments," instead of curtains, was impressive. You are SO an interior decorator! :) Love you!

Felicia said...

Cute room! Mary is a talented woman! It is a blessing to have friends that care so much and share their talents with you. I always stay updated with your blog and also through Paige. I admire you so much for the strength you have had during this journey. God is great!

Anonymous said...

Always thinking about and praying for you...pics of him and grandparents were priceless...I'm sure both sets just love him to pieces...enjoy every minute of staying home with Kanyon!!! Emily R.

Anonymous said...

so cute! i love the beds, they are both beautiful! mary did a great job! thinking about y'all all the time and love all 3 of you!

Lynnie said...

The nursery is precious. Thank you for sharing. You will know when your heart is ready to take down Jayde's bed. Our hearts heal at different paces. (I still have Miller's cell phone number programed on my phone. I don't think I will ever delete it!)

I hope to be up and running again on my blog and catching up once I get moved and settled. I will depend on Sus to keep me posted.

Kanyon looks so good - and I am glad you are having late night/early morning bonding times with him! Motherhood is wonderful! Kiss him for me!

daughteroftheking said...

Love the pictures Jaymie, thank you for sharing them!

annalee said...

the nursery is ADORABLE! i love every touch y'all did. thanks for sharing the pics and descriptions.

Ashley said...

Jaymie-

You don't know me but my name is Ashley and I am Jenna Copes cousin. I think I met you at her wedding and/or Christine and my cousin Matts wedding. Anyway, I've read your blog from the beginning but I have never posted before. Three and a half years ago I had twin boys, Brock and Brody, at 23 weeks 5 days. They both lived for only about 10 minutes. My heart has been with you on this journey you have been on. I am so happy that Kanyon is HOME and doing so well!!!!

The reason for this post was the nursery pictures and Jaydes bed. The whole room and their beds are soooo cute! Don't rush yourself and you leave her precious bed up for as long as you want too. Brock and Brodys room was completely done and stayed intact until I brought their little sister home this past April. We made it her room and painted it pink. She gets to have one of her brothers beds and her cousin Jaxon gets to have the other. It did my heart good to leave the room the way it was. So take your time, breathe it all in and don't rush yourself.

Big hugs to you and your husband. Oh, and tell the Pruitts, Farrells and Christy Norton hello.... I know them too! :)

Ashley

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers