Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Too many pictures of nothing big

There are once again a ton of pictures on this post. I just have a hard time narrowing them down.

My brother Clint had a meeting in town Sunday, so he came by to see Kanyon and celebrate Kory's birthday with us. Kanyon was very happy to see his uncle Clint, but was dealing with a tummy ache. He was fussy until he found just the right position in Clint's arms. Believe it or not, this was it:
Yes, he could somehow breathe. There's proof right there that those lungs are stronger. A month ago he could've never handled that angle!

Clint brought Kory a funny birthday card, I got him a belt and a shirt, and this is what Kanyon gave him:
Auntie Tam gave Kanyon this outfit. The shorts cracked me up
This picture makes me laugh out loud...Looks like he's mad at a fly on his nose!
He found the TV
Another funny one to me. Just chillin' in the chair with my mom I took this picture the other night at like 3am. I layed him on his tummy on the couch beside me so I could pump. The angle I see him at shows nothing but lips. So, here is his chubby cheeked fish face! (And his freaky habit of sleeping with his eyes open)
This is Kanyon's physical therapist. She is really good and says Kanyon is doing really well. He usually cries through the whole thing, but he works so hard. Poor little guy. Right now we're working on holding our head up and rolling over.

Our dear friends Scott and Paula gave Kanyon this shirt. He had a couple of hamster days (sleeps all day, up all night..you know, like a hamster). Unfortunately, Mommy is not nocturnal, so it wasn't near as fun for her. But after one of our long nights, I had to put him in the shirt because it was so true. I can't complain, he doesn't do the hamster thing too much.



23 comments:

Corbitt Family said...

I love seeing new pictures of him! He is getting so big.
Love you guys the Corbitts!

Shara Smith said...

These are just too adorable Jaymie! I smiled the entire post. I love seeing this sweet boy grow and grow!! We can't wait to see you guys and meet Kanyon!! Love you.

Jodi said...

Hilarious! I love the "present" for Kory, the fish mouth, the all-nighter shirt... GREATNESS! Hey, and tell Kanyon that all really cool people sleep with their eyes open. ;) Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

haha i laughed out loud too! the boy's got some character! he makes the best faces.. love u! happy birthday k-thang!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Nothing says Happy Birthday to a new dad like a bunch of baby barf! LOL!

Happy Birthday Kory!

And J-me there is nothing wrong with lots of pictures about nothing. I know the downtime is a huge blessing for you all!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So many good pictures! I hadn't seen the ones you and Doodle took until tonight--so precious. Y'all take care! Robyn

Anonymous said...

loving the fly on the nose pic! it's ace!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a precious big little boy. ~smile~

You are all in our prayers everyday. ~smile~

Sydni said...

PLEASE don't think you can EVER put too many pictures on your blog! We need lots so we feel like we're getting to know him since we can't be there. Keep 'em coming! How nice of Kanyon to remember Kory's birthday... now we know he isn't just super cute, but thoughtful as well.

Pearson Family said...

Can't you just hear Robyn saying, Ya'll take care! so fun. Love the pictures and the barf. Miss you.

jasonandchaney said...

Kory, try using a burp rag next time!! (haha) Just kidding, I think we have all had to change OUR clothes because of the big burp. I need yall's address. I have been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting. Just email me when you get a chance. chaneyknight@hotmail.com Take Care.

Chaney

amie said...

Love the pic of daddy and baby spit up..can you even call that spit up when there is that much of it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaymie! Your physical therapist was one of my parents last year--she is great and so is her son, Collin. I love that family. I'm so proud of you for continuing the pumping/nursing thing. It is so worth it. Tell Kory to enjoy his birthday present now. Someday he might get a present from Kanyon all over his shirt from Kanyon's "other end." :) Take care and enjoy your "big boy!" Emily R.

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures. Keep them coming. Peggy

Beck Boys said...

Love all the pictures. We love to read and see just how well he is growing. The ladies at church are always asking about him. Thanks for the updates.

TexasNeals said...

LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!!!! he's gonna give blake a run for his money!! HA!!! :) he looks great!

stacey

leslee said...

that was great! the expression on Kory's face is priceless...I remember when one of the kids would do something yucky on Jason, he looked about the same...Moms just deal and I guess when it is your child, it is not quite as gross.... anyway thanks for sharing! and happy bday to Kory, he will have fun telling what Kanyon gave him for his first birthday celebration with dad.

Chels said...

OK, where to begin? What a sweet present for Kory! Happy Birthday Daddy! And the picture of him looking off into space after the picture of him crying during therapy is so sweet...its like he's going "oh yeah. its over!" and Heath does that creepy sleeps with his eyes open too! I have to tell him all the time "you're doing the weird eye thing.." and then he'll squeeze his eyes shut and it wont happen again. Very funny! Love the pictures, as always!

Marianne said...

There is no such thing as too many pictures of this precious boy! Keep them coming. Watching him grow is so much fun.

Love you!
Marianne

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

I love the camo and the chubby cheeked fish face!

Unknown said...

Jaymie,
Live has been so hectic the last month or so I have not been able to keep up with blogs. However, when I was home for a minute or two I always pulled up yours to see precious Kanyon's pictures. Thanks so much for keeping up up to date! Isn't this more fun that trying to get 2nd graders to stay in their seats the first week of school?!
Love to you all,
Karol

For you make me glad by your
deeds, O LORD;
I sing for joy at the works of
your hands.
How great are your works, O LORD,
how profound your thoughts!
Psalm 92:4-5

Kelli said...

Jaymie, you sound SO happy! I am so happy for you that you are through the valley and are now enjoying your precious little boy. Kanyon is growing so fast! He is a real cutie!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Sweet pictures! I bet people thought we were crazy. We even had to share a horse because mine would not stop eating my legs. LOL. I would love to come and visit when the time is good for Kanyon. I know at one time yall had your address posted and I cant seem to find it. Will you send it to me because we have some gifts for Kanyon. Everytime my mom pics up something for Wyatt, Tripp, and the new baby on the way, she gets one for Kanyon. It was so good to hear from you. Miss ya and have a good week!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers