Thursday, August 9, 2007

Post-Op in Dallas

We went back Dallas for Kanyon's post-op check up with his neurosurgeon. We waited for 2 hours in the waiting room, saw the Dr. for maybe 20 min. and then had another marathon trip back home. But we made it back safe and sound and Kanyon got a great report from the Dr. Everything looked great and we're ready to "be a regular baby" as the Dr. said. They also took him off his last medicine!!! It was such a small amount (same as what he was taking at less than 3lbs) it probably wasn't doing anything anyways. Glad we don't have to worry about that anymore! Too bad I just refilled it 2 days ago. We will go back to this Dr. for a check up with them in 3 months. They are going to refer us to Scottish Rite (who knows if I spelt that right) hospital to see a Dr. about his foot. Hopefully we'll figure out why its crooked and bent and get on our way to making it better. These Dr.'s deal with neurological effects on muscles, etc. so they are the experts. Our PT works with it and its not getting worse...the tone and movement is actually better, but we think its time to let a Dr. who deals with that sort of thing look at it and really get going on it. We are thankful for a good check up!

I'd hate to post without pictures! Here are a few from the last week.


I wish I could sleep this good.

The other day I laid Kanyon down on the floor and he started squirming and ended up working himself under his blanket. It looked so funny to see a wiggly blanket on the floor. Don't worry, I was right there, he was NOT going to suffocate!

Since Kanyon has to stay in, I've been in for the last month. I was doing pretty good, but cabin fever finally set in the other day. So my Aunt Mary Lynn (who lives here in Longview...she's my "mom" here in town) came over and we packed Kanyon up for his first trip out of the house (Doctor visits don't count..those are crummy trips). I knew I had to go to a kid-free place that would be clean....we are 20 minutes from the best place...MY GRANDMA'S HOUSE! Her house is cleaner than anything you've ever seen...not to mention, she cooked us a great lunch. Kanyon loved visiting with his great grandma and can't wait to go again! We had to document this monumental day, but we had no one to take the pictures so we set it up on the car. Not the greatest picture, but it'll do.

19 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay for a great checkup!! :) Glad you have a "mom" and grandma close by!!! :)

Kelli said...

So cute! Congrats on the good checkup, he is getting so big!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So glad he gets to be a "regular baby" now! He is so beautiful. As I write this, a coyote is howling across the pasture and my son the insomniac is working on the vacuum cleaner. We love y'all!

The Finchers

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he is doing so great! I am so proud of him for being such a big strong boy! WE LOVE YA'LL!! - Jessica

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Ever sence Kendra adopted Kenzie we ahve used Scottish Rite and we can't say enough good things from there. We use Dr. Delgoda, probably misspelled, a neuoroligist and he is wonderful. We also use the ortopedic lab there for treatment. In fact Kenzie sleeps in a knee mobilizer and other things every night. She alos gets botox injections for her week muscles too. Just wonderful. C.Grooms

Beck Boys said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well and that the dr's visits are good reports. We had our monthly ladies night out last night at church, they ALWALYS ask about Kanyon. It was so nice to give a good report and Praise God for all He is doing and has done. I am glad you were able to get out that cabin fever does get old quick. Have a great week. We love the updates.

Allison said...

Jaymie, I still check in all the time on your sweet baby boy.

I am so glad that he is doing so wonderful. I love seeing all his sweet pictures too! So glad you have this blog!

daughteroftheking said...

wonderful news no more meds! That picture of him sleeping is so sweet. He looks so peaceful.

Carissa said...

The picture of him sleeping is so cute!

I don't blame you for wanting to get out of the house. Grandma's is always a great place to go!

martha crockett said...

Awwwwww! What a precious post. You are so blessed to have an "almost-like-Mom" aunt in town, and the best grandma ever 20 minutes away! What a fun day it must have been. I'm so tickled at how chubby Kanyon is! He looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on him!
luvu all.

Sydni said...

We think Kanyon looks super! Boy do I like those cheeks. It's so good that you got out and of course the great news of the checkup absolutely makes our day!Kanyon is gaining so well too. It just looks and sounds like things are really good. Enjoy Papa and Gram (because we want them back soon you know). Hee, hee. Thanks for each and every post and each and every picture!! Love you all so much.

Karen Porter Jones said...

I love you aunt Mary Lynn. I wish they still went to church with us. Please tell her hello for me next time you see her. Kanyon looks great! I love the picture of him rolled up in the blanket.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
The Scottish Rite Hospital is great. You will be very satisfied with all the people their, my grandfather used to help with them and I have had a handful of friends go there for various reasons with their children.
I am glad you were able to get out of the house. Sounds like you had a great time, nothing like grandma's cooking.
Hope to see you soon!!!
Love ya,
Brandi B.

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I didn't edit my writing. Sorry, you will get what I mean.
Brandi

Emily said...

What good family time at Nanny Lucille's! I know you enjoyed that trip! So glad you go a good report. Sounds like you are on the road to raising a fine son.
Love you,
Marianne

Julie said...

Ace saw your comment. We're now searching for the best pic of long dog we can find. He's a little embarrassed because he's put on some weight. Picture of Ace to come...

Anonymous said...

Great news on his latest check-up! You guys will love Scottish Rite! Just the interior itself is amazing...so kid friendly! We had to use them with Rylan about a year and a half ago to repair his "trigger thumb" on both hands. It was an absolute smooth experience. Good Luck!
Stephanie (Allmon) Boutwell

annalee said...

YAY FOR GREAT NEWS!!! and i love the pics of the wiggle blanket and your first big outing.

Chels said...

JAYMIE! Heath works at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital - let me know when you'll come in for your first visit and I'll come meet you! YAY!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers