Sunday, September 16, 2007

The best gals in the world

The title of this blog is referring to my awesome AWESOME sister in laws! I really do have the best ones...ALL 3 of them. I have thanked my brothers on mulitple occasions for marrying Maurine and Rachel and then I just got totally lucky with Sydni...she was in the family before I was. So, here is my little tribute to the best sister in laws in the world.

I'll start with Maurine....she is Clay's wife. Maurine is responsible for the BEST thank you notes in the universe. We had designed a thank you note for the babies a while before they were born. After everything happened, the others weren't really going to work anymore. I wanted to include Jayde and Kanyon somehow without being over the top. So, I came up with this and Maurine worked so hard on these to make them perfect. These are their real footprints. She figured out a way to make them true to size on the card..AMAZING. She is so smart and computery (yes that is a word)! Kanyon's feet are bigger because they didn't do his print until he was a month old. So, if you got the thank yous you may or may not have seen the note on the back explaining it, but those are their feet. (If you live in Paris, you probably didn't get these thank you notes because I didn't have them ready yet at that shower.) Thank you Maurine for working so hard to get these just right. They really are so special to me.

And this is what else Maurine (and Clay too I guess) gave me..AVERY!! Talkative, soft, curious little Avery. And I already thank them for the new baby that is growing in her tummy.


Next comes Rachel (Clint's wife). She is also very computery and she made our "coming home" announcement. I didn't really want to do a birth announcement, but I wanted to do something. I sent her some pictures I liked and this verse and she had this done in no time. Click on it and read the verse...it seemed so perfect for the answered prayer of bringing Kanyon home..the mighty works that GOD did. The pictures kind of span Kanyon's time in the NICU, the first one has Kory's ring on his wrist. The second one is Kory's ring not fitting on Kanyons' fingers (that was probably at least a month before we went home, we should've taken another one). We did not send out a ton of these since it would cost a billion dollars to send one to everyone we wanted to, so click on this and enjoy it up close (and marvel at Rachel's handiwork). Thanks Rach! Of course an even bigger thank you for my little Roselyn. She's kind of a mini-me. She really does look just like I did when I was a baby. (FYI: Avery and Roselyn are really our family's first set of twins. They were born on the SAME day back in October about 5 hours apart...how funny is that?!)


Now for Sydni. I can't claim that I had anything to do with adding Sydni to my all star line up of sister in laws. Kory's brother Clint gets all the credit for her and I get to enjoy his excellent choice! Sydni is so creative and talented. She made Jayde and Kanyon the most absolutely UNBELIEVABLE quilts. They are perfectly done and so beautiful. The first picture is of Kanyon's cowboy quilt. Such beautiful colors and fabrics. Perfect for our little cowboy.
This is Jayde's. It is Olivia (if you read kids books, you know Olivia). She is a cute little pig with a funny, sassy personality. The books have the cutest expressions and this fabric has all of the different Olivia poses all over it. SO CUTE. It is funny because in my mind, Jayde would've had the same little spunky personality..so Sydni chose the perfect "theme" without even knowing it. These quilts really are incredible. She is a professional. Maybe one day she can teach me! Thanks Sydni...these are very very very special to me (and so are you).
And the oldest of my sweet nieces....Sayler. She has the sweetest little personality and she is such a smart little one. I miss her and can't wait to spend time with her at Christmas.

YEAH FOR MAURINE, RACHEL, and SYDNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now just a few little pics of Kanyon before I end the post:

Kanyon's great aunt Nancye gave him this shirt so I was trying to get a picture of him in it...this face cracked me up.
Crazy things happen in a swing. Somehow his burp rag got over his head and ended up like this. He slept through the whole thing. These pictures make me laugh out loud.

Here he is all ready to go to church this morning. We went to our church for the first time. He was very excited to meet all of his Alpine friends that have prayed so much for him. One of the elders was making announcements at the beginning and he said, " and if you ever want to know if your prayers are working, look right over here to the right and you'll see that our "son" Kanyon Phillips is here!" I held him up Lion King style and everyone got to peek at him. It was so good to be there. We had several people bring their young children up to us to see Kanyon because they had been praying for Kanyon all this time. I was so glad they got to see him. We are so thankful that people taught their children to pray for our baby. I hope the people at Alpine know how much they've meant to us.





16 comments:

Sydni said...

God knows the real truth... but thanks for your kind thoughts.

I'm taking this as the "go-ahead" to post Kanyon pics on Sayler's blog. I've been wanting to for awhile now and should have just done it. I'll have to use pictures from your blog since I have yet to meet him... Speaking of Kanyon pictures, how totally funny are the swing/burp cloth pictures! Thank you for EACH picture of our sweet nephew. We can't seem to get enough! It works so well because I can save them from your posts and then order them from Snapfish.

Congratulations to you and Kory on another niece or nephew!

sharon said...

i loved every part of this post. but i'm not gonna lie...favorite part..."lion king style." amazing!

sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Kendra* said...

Sweet post! Glad yall are getting to enjoy church as a family together now! Hope to see yall soon!!!

jasonandchaney said...

Those quilts are amazing. I am so glad that Kanyon is growing and doing so well. As you said in your blog, the power of prayer is unbelievable.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Hey girl,

Sisters are great (in or out law). I don't know where or who I would be without all three of mine, plus some along the way. Great post.
We have names picked out...will post soon but we have no idea what we are having. Karl wants to be one of the crazy ones that waits to be surprised in the delivery room...what are we thinking?

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Hey girl,

Sisters are great (in or out law). I don't know where or who I would be without all three of mine, plus some along the way. Great post.
We have names picked out...will post soon but we have no idea what we are having. Karl wants to be one of the crazy ones that waits to be surprised in the delivery room...what are we thinking?

tleaf10 said...

Hey did I read that right that you will be in Montana for Christmas? ...because you're favorite Georgian/Arkansan might be there too! That would be really wierd. I love the pictures and I'm glad you have such great sisters!

Jodi said...

Sweet sweet post. :) I kept my thankyou note and his announcement for my fridge! Reagan loves to visit all her friends on the fridge! She points to all the pictures one at a time then looks up to me to tell her the names. I'm CERTAIN in no time she'll be saying "Rosie" and "KanMan"!

LOVE the pictures! He makes the greatest faces! And thanks for the mental picture of Lion King Style! :) Love ya!

Kara said...

sister in laws are wonderful! when I married Zach, I became a sister to six awesome girls. i had only 2 brothers growing up, and it's so cool to have sisters now!
love the pic of kanyon in the swing. isn't it amazing what babies can sleep through?!?

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

I am so glad you have such supportive sister in-laws. I enjoyed seeing the thank you card, announcement, and quilts. Kanyon is really growing. The new pictures of him are great! Love you!

Silverthornes said...

It is funny because I wanted to post a comment about your "lion king style" statement but is looks like a couple of people beat me to it. I laughed out loud...it's the circle of life baby!!
Also, I think it is a wonderful thing to have awesome sister-in-laws! You seem to have wonderful and talented ones...a great combo!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! How amazing and precious is he!!! I got calls from several people on Sunday to tell me that Kanyon was at church and how amazing and powerful it was!!! I wish I could have been there !!!!!! I think about you guys often and pray about you daily... can't wait to see you all when I visit ... Love U ... Kerry Beth

TexasNeals said...

you are truely blessed! i wanted to comment on the thank you notes. i have received notes w/ little footprints on them b/f so when i got yours i didn't really pay much attention to the front of it. however, a week or so later, i saw it on my table and was going to put it away and happened to read the back. it touched me so much that i began to cry. what a special, special way to thank people for the support you have gotten. that was just so neat!
one last thing...i hate that we missed kanyon's first day at church! jack was crushed! :) hope to see ya'll this coming sunday!! i can't wait to see him in person! :)

stacey

pruittsplace said...

aunts are awesome! aubrey and lolo will agree. i'm sure diego will wrap them around his finger... so tell kanyon to be thinking of all the things to tell diego to benefit the most from the nephew/aunt relationship.
diego's dad

Rachel said...

You're not so bad yourself!
Love,
Roselyn's mom

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers