Sunday, September 23, 2007

Smiley

We've had a few exciting things happen this week so as usual, I'll tell you with pictures.

First of all, on Thursday Nurse Melissa (and her baby-on-the-way Katie) came to visit. She hadn't seen Kanyon since we came home, so that was fun. He LOVED seeing her and hearing a familiar voice. He was also happy to "see" Katie even though she made it hard to cuddle with Nurse Melissa! :)
Kanyon finally got to meet his friend Addison. She was born a couple of weeks ago and is one of his first friends that is smaller than him. He felt so macho. Addison, as you can see, wasn't so sure about Kanyon. She obviously thinks Kanyon has cooties and is repulsed by him touching her.
She warmed up to him some and was fascinated with his hair (or lack there of). She was wondering why he doesn't have a cool mohawk like her. Thanks to his shunt, he has a tiny side spike...those are still cool, right? They sure were when I was in Jr. High. Kanyon is bringing them back.
We kinda let Ollie meet Kanyon. We're not ready for him to be in all the time or be all over the place, but we figured he needed to start realizing there was something new in the house (the whole reason he's been ignored the last 6 months!). He will pretty much ignore Kanyon and then its like he catches a smell or hears him so he goes over to try and figure it out. sniff sniff sniff.... and then he just stares.
The biggest funnest happiest giggliest giddyest bestest news is that Friday night we saw THIS for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were about to leave our friends' house and I was kinda playing patty cake with him and I guess he thinks its hilarious because he smiled HUGE!! I freaked out! Our friend Drew shared the moment with me and then Kory, Mark, Amy, and Jill ran over to see it. Three cheers for Drew and his iphone for catching this priceless moment!! The first couple were BIG smiles then they kind of got smaller and smaller. We were just loving it. What a surprise, I wasn't even trying to make him smile!
Here we are at who knows what time in the middle of the night and I was trying to get him to smile again...nope. Now that I'm trying he's holding back!

Our friend Leigh Ann and her husband Jason came to town so they got to meet Kanyon. It was so fun. Leigh Ann is kind of responsible for Me and Kory meeting so I guess that means that she's kind of in a round-about way responsible for Kanyon.
Gangsta Kanyon is back....he says Pop ya colla'
We are trying not to put too much pressure on the man to smile again, but we're addicted to it..so Kory was trying to coax another smile out of him today.
"Nanna Nanna boo boo you can't make me"
"I'm tired of this, will you leave me alone?"
I'm sure I'll keep that camera in his face until I catch another smile. I'll let you know when I do!

13 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love the giggle face but most of all I love the picture of him sticking his tongue out at Kory.

Kanyon is going to probably keep us all laughing-he already has a funny little personality. Great quality to have!

Love you all
Susan

Pearson Family said...

LOVE the smile! And hey, did you guys get new couches??!!

Can't wait to meet this cousin!

Corbitt Family said...

I am glad we were there to share his fist smile! I love your new couch!

pruittsplace said...

so... was the picture worth $400, $600, drew?

Anonymous said...

just precious. can't wait for the belly laugh!

tleaf10 said...

So cute!! I was just wondering the other day if he had smiled yet. I'm so glad he has ... there's nothing like a good baby smile!

Jodi said...

Awwww... that is just the BEST EVER! You will fall in love with him in ways you didn't know possible now that he is responding to you. I can't even describe it! Baby smiles and laughs are literally priceless! I am so glad you caught that on camera! Yay Kanyon! Your Mommy is SO fun!! :)

Kara said...

i love the captions to the pictures. some of them had me laughing out loud!
the best thing about baby smiles is that they never get old! you will try to catch them on camera or video over and over again..

Anonymous said...

Yea for smiles!!! I love the pic of Ollie just staring at Kanyon. You know they are going to be the best of friends!

Unknown said...

I am laughing out loud - your descriptions are amazing! I love sweet Kanyon's first smile! What a treasured moment! He is growing so fast. I can't wait for him to meet his little buddy, Sam!
Hugs!

Marianne said...

Precious expressions on Kanyon's face and what a precious smile. As Buddy says, "Bless his heart."
Jaymie thanks for sharing such a special moment with his fan club! We are praying for many more moments like these!
Marianne

daughteroftheking said...

Precious! There is nothing like that first smile. Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Jaymie,
It has been a while since I have looked at your blog. Oh my goodness! Kanyon has grown so much and is such a handsome boy! I love the pictures of him smiling. These are such precious times. Enjoy every minute. My "babies" turn 20 on October 1. Seems like just yesterday, we were watching their baby smiles. I still think of you often and continue to pray for your sweet family.
Cheryl H.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers