Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Katching Up with Kanyon

We had a good week last week with lots of the normal fun stuff and some not normal fun stuff! So...the week in pictures:

I mean this just makes me laugh...is there anything cuter?!
When Kanyon was in the NICU, we posted a picture to show you his double chin. Here's an update on that double...well, maybe triple chin.
I love this picture. I see this expression on his face all the time. Glad we captured it.
Our friend Amanda has been wanting Kanyon to have a muscle shirt since he was a tiny tiny tiny baby. She tried to find the shirt that looks like a man without a shirt on...you know with pecs and a six pack...she couldn't find it, so she made this one herself! It says "I'm all muscle!"
Saturday night Kanyon slept in his bed for the first time overnight. We had to pass on the traveling bassinet to our new friend Addison. He of course did fine. He never bothered me in the bassinet in our room. Once he goes down, he's a good sleeper, so he didn't ever keep me awake or anything. When I layed down that night in my bed and he wasn't right there, I felt like I missed him. But I also felt like I was sleepy, so I commented to Kory that I missed him, Kory told me that was crazy since he was right across the hall, and I went to sleep.
Wednesday was a big first...he went to CHURCH! An equally big first is that that meant me and Kory BOTH got to go to church. We thought Wednesday night was a good time for the maiden voyage. Not too many people and not very long. He did pretty good other than making some "embarrassing noises" so I was standing up in the back of the class with him most of the time. The events of Kanyon and Jayde have kind of robbed me of (or postponed) some of those things that make you feel like a mom. You know, like having your baby and them handing it to you, changing diapers, holding them, feeding them in the middle of the night (yes I looked forward to that), riding in the car with him, looking at your new babies through the nursery window...ok you get the idea. Some of those things I will never have with Jayde and Kanyon, some I had to wait on, and some are still to come. Taking him to church was one of those "mom" moments. It was nice.

Kanyon attended his first birthday party on Saturday. His great grandma Nanny Lou turned 80. So he got all dressed up (for him that means something more than just a diaper or a onesie) and went with us to Johnny Case's for the dinner and then back to Gilmer for cake and fun with family. He was a trooper.
Another expression I see quite often.
Check out those lashes. So long and curly. His sister had the same ones.
Over the last week, Kanyon has made a new discovery...his tongue! It is so funny to watch the faces he makes. I got a little carried away with these, but I couldn't help it.


We went to church again Sunday at Nanny's church in Gilmer. It was fun and he did good. I was glad because to get out I would've had to walk up a center isle and we were on the front row. It was so good to see so many people we love at that church that have been so good to us. And to top it all off, everyone was very good about not being all over him and in his face and touching him without us having to say anything (I hate confrontation, so I'm so glad I didn't have to worry about it). Total mom moment.




24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaymie and Kory,

I just love reading your comments and looking at the pictures of all your "first times" with Kanyon. Jaymie, we MISS MISS MISS you at school and wish you were still there with us but we know how wonderful it is for you to be with Kanyon right now. I think of you often and all you have been through and just say a little prayer that you keep finding strength in your faith and family. Thanks for keeping your blog up to date because reading it and seeing it means we still get a tiny part of you and that makes all the difference! Love you all tons and can't wait to see you again.

Jole

Anonymous said...

aww jaymie! so cute, the whole thing. my heart is so so happy for you and kory and kanyon with your firsts! he is growing every single day. y'all are precious. love you!

Emily said...

I love the new pictures - the muscle shirt is great! I still remember taking David to church for the first time. It is a BIG mom moment! Thank you for telling us little things about Jayde - so we can know her through you!

The Brown Family said...

Jaymie,

Thanks for the update. How EXCITING for you guys!!! Church is such a big deal. The people there love and pray you through so much. Oh, and I totally laughed at your Gilmer church description - it is kind of hard to make a quick and/or quiet get away, if needed. It is so great to see him changing. Love you guys.

Brandynn said...

A couple of my favorite "You know you're a mom when ..." moments are:

(1) You wake up sick with fever and feeling awful and are looking forward to making a bed on the couch and watching tv all day - like you used to do when you were a kid. Then you realize, with sudden clarity, "Oh no. It's just me and the baby. I have to take care of the baby EVEN THOUGH I'M SICK. Aaargh."

(2) Your three year old throws up and you catch it in your hands so there won't be so much to clean out of the carpet.

You're family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your lives with all of us in blogworld.

(My husband is one of Matt Pinson's cousins. We were sent your blog when your sweet babies were born and have been checking in ever since.)

Jodi said...

I am so glad you are enjoying those Mom moments. You have been SUCH a trooper through all of this, to say the least, so savor EVERY moment... big and small. I like to think of them all as "big". Like going to church!! Yay!! And I have to send Nanny Lu a card! That is a big milestone for her too, and I know she LOVED having you all there!

Love the pics! Especially the tongue! Love ya!

tleaf10 said...

He is getting so big! Thanks for posting pictures ... I love keeping up with ya'll,
-Terri

Pearson Family said...

I love moments. I love that ALL of you got to go to church! Hug that baby for all of us, since it will be a while before we can. We love you!

Paige

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

I love how you described the Mom moments. It is so true. Every new little thing our little ones do is so important and touching to us Moms. I am glad you were able to take Kanyon to church. I can still remember Tripp's first visit. The pastor anounced our good news and said a special prayer for our family. All morning I was in tears.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing cuter-you are right!!!!!
Thanks again, jaymie, for making my day!!!
Julie Mitchen

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you! I know just what you mean about church being one of those "mom moments." That is SO sweet. I also loved seeing you all enjoy the normalness of Labor Day Weekend and family. I notice you're speaking more of Jayde lately. My prayers are still with you.

Beck Boys said...

love all the pictures. I am so glad that you all got to go to church together - such a great time. Thanks for sharing all your times with us.

jennifer said...

Mom moments are fun! The pictures are great! Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love all the pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
Love ya Jaymie
Tracie

Kelli said...

Absolutely precious pictures! Kanyon is growing so much! Jaymie, there was never a doubt in my mind what kind of parents you and Kory would be. I knew you'd be awesome at it and it doesn't surprise me a bit to see you take to mommyhood so well! Enjoy it, it will go by so fast!

Anonymous said...

I have so loved getting to know your family! You are the best mom (well, you rank right up there with me). There are going to be so many more "mommy moments" as Kanyon grows up.
It was wonderful seeing you, Kory and Kanyon at church on Wed. night. It brought tears to my eyes. You are all an inspiration to me. I love the Lord and I love you guys too. Karen Tutt

Unknown said...

OK, Jaymie,
We at Alpine will try to measure up to the Gilmer church in "New Baby at Church" etiquette--but it will take all our self restraint because he is sooo cute. :-)
Thanks for the updates!
Love and prayers,
Karol

He who forms the mountains,
creates the wind,
and reveals his thoughts to man,
he who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads the high places of the earth—
the LORD God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Jamie,

I am so glad that you got to have some of your "mom" moments...I can't wait for that! Kanyon is growing so fast and I am thankful for his progress.
Hey, Karl and I are doing a farm mural and we have not found a mobile we really like. Love yours, where did you get it?
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Jaymie you are absolutely beaming! I'm so glad things are going so well. I'm always thinking of you.
~Shasta

annalee said...

your smile in the booty pic shows your sheer delight with all these great firsts! i am so happy for you momma jaymie!

sharon said...

how happy do you look holding up that cute lil baby butt?! i love you a ton and miss you just as much!!

Sarah said...

How super exciting for you guys to get to do all of these fun things this week. Kanyon is so big and will be even bigger before you know it. We love you guys!!

EDS said...

GREAT post! It's such a blessing to see how far Kanyon has come and so much fun to remember the joy of all the firsts. It just gets better!!!

Felicia said...

Jaymie, I love reading your blog and seeing your pictures! You are so good at updating often! This post brings tears of joy to my eyes as I read. I'm glad you still mention Jayde in your posts. I can tell you and Kory are wonderful parents and Kanyon will thank you for that one day!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers