Thursday, September 27, 2007

6 months

First things first. Smile update: Though he's not giving them out right and left, they've been a little easier to come by in the last couple of days. I caught a couple the other night...(as you've noticed, he does his best work at night)
Dad and Kanyon catching up on the days events
Its not a real grin, but it looks like it and I think its so cute.
Relaxing after a long day
We had a first Tuesday night! I love this expression "What do you think you're doing with that stuff?"
He did pretty good. It was very liquidy and he eventually got frustrated with me because he wanted more food faster. For the first time, I'd say he gets an "A".
Check out this beefcake
His arms were going crazy and kept hitting my arm which knocked the stuff out of the spoon.

As of yesterday, we've had this little boy for 6 months! I really really really can't believe it. I keep saying "THAT'S HALF A YEAR!!" What a half-a-year it has been. We're all so different from what we were 6 months ago. This is the little man at about 2 weeks. He was still under 2 lbs.
And here we are at almost 11lbs.
We thought we would try another pose. Kanyon obviously prefers the first one.


Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful site to see Kanyon is bigger than the basketball!! He'll be spinning it on his finger before you know it! I am so happy that things are going so well with Kanyon! God is soo good!
I am continually thankful for life's "little" miracles!
Love, the Caldwell Crew
www.caringbridge.org/tx/cadencaldwell

Amy Porter said...

Way to go on the cereal!! Blake better watch out...Kanyon is quickly approaching his 18 pounds! Keep it up, buddy!!

Anonymous said...

We have baby Kanyon up on the fridge now! Thanks for getting that to us. He is just too cute! I like the smiles...there is nothin sweeter than a baby smiling. love you guys,

Erin and Todd

Carissa said...

Kanyon seems to have such a cute personality! I love reading your posts. Your comments make me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

Well, I just wanted to tell Kanyon 'way to go!' on the progress he is making. He is actually ahead of Ava as far as eating cereal goes. We just started her on it also and I think Kanyon is taking to it much better than she is! She makes a very exaggerated gagging noise after each bite and spits it out! Ha! You win Kanyon!

Kelli said...

He is so precious! I can't believe how fast he's growing! His little grin just melts my heart!

Marianne said...

Sweet smile. Big boy!! Basketball gets smaller and smaller. Aren't smiles magic? Really proves that behavior modification works. The more they smile, the sillier the grown-ups get trying to coax another smile from the baby! Babies are so smart!!! 6 months. WOW!
Marianne

TexasNeals said...

Happy Half-Birthday!!! I come from a half-birthday celebratin' family so this is a big deal! :) He is SO cute! That smile is just too sweet!

stacey

Jenna said...

Well isn't he just the cutest thing ever. I love all of his facial expression. Happy 1/2 birthday, Kanyon. We love you!

martha crockett said...

that little scooter gets cuter by the hour! I just love the video where he says "hi"! can't believe he is talking already! what a smart boy....

Felicia said...

I love all his facial expressions!

Kaylane said...

He looks so cute! Thanks for posting all these pics! I love to watch him grow!!

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of him! I think I have looked at this posting a dozen times and everytime I just get a huge smile on my face. He is the cutest! I just love him!

Katie M

Leah said...

What a cutie!!!!
His smile makes me smile.
xxxooo

daughteroftheking said...

I love the picture and the caption with the cereal box! He is getting so big

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
You make me laugh, Kanyon makes me smile!
I love him!
Julie Mitchen

Anonymous said...

The Phillips,
Absolutely love the pics of Kanyon flashing his first grins! Jaymie I ran into your brothers and mom at the N.L. homecoming game, it was so good to see them. Anyways, I told Clay that Kanyon was starting to get chubby with that cute belly of his (that is such a good thing to see). Thanks for the frequent updates!
Stephanie (Allmon) Boutwell

Tammy said...

Too sweet! Those cheeks look so kissable! Is that basketball getting smaller?! Tyler can't wait to play basketball with Kanyon.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers