Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Big Labor Day Weekend!

This picture is out of order, but I didn't want to red0 the whole thing. This bathing beauty was just too sweet not to post.


This was a big weekend for Kanyon! We went to Paris and our whole family was together for the FIRST TIME! It was so fun to be together. It was kind of crazy with the little girls around because we had to be careful to keep them away from Kanyon but it wasn't too bad. So, here are LOTS of pictures from at FUN weekend!


Usually our family is out dove hunting opening weekend. Not with all these babies!! But, in honor of the season, Kanyon wore his camo and talked some smack to a dove decoy about what he'll do next year!





We went out to Mom and Dad's land and the lake was completely full. We got to ski, ride jet skis, and jump off the diving board they just put on the dock.

Eric and Amber Green are dear friends of our family and they came too . It was so fun to be with them and their sweet little girl Ayelan. This first pictures is a picture of the daddies. Eric and Ayelan, Clay and Avery, Kory and Kanyon, Clint and Roselyn. Mommies! Maurine and Avery, Amber and Ayelan, Me and Kanyon, Rachel and Roselyn.
Spencer fam...please excuse the good looks after a day at the lake. And a special thanks goes to Eric for acting like an idiot to get Rosie and Avery to BOTH look at the camera!!! NICE!
Us kids with our kids. I love this picture becuase me and my brothers grew up with Eric and his brother like family. Their parents are some of my parents very best friends and we have such fun memories of vacations together and visits to each others' houses over the years (they live in Childress). It is fun for this generation to get to start making memories together too.

The boys working on getting the skis (yes, those ones from the 80's) ready to go. Kanyon hung out under the cabin. It was the PERFECT day...it was so cool and nice. We were able to stay out there longer than I thought. I was afraid it was going to be too hot, but it was perfect especially up under the shade where he was.
Avery's sweetness....what's that puddle?
I mean how could you NOT take a picture of that?!
Avery enjoying a nice float in the water
Phillips Pham
Look at Avery's hair!

Aunt Mo FINALLY gets to hold Kanyon Chillin with uncle Clint
Now we know where Kanyon gets his freaky habit of sleeping with his eyes open!
Little story about this thing. I have been wanting a wrap to "wear" Kanyon. I have always thought they were cool. Well, they cost like a billion dollars! Anyways, Mom and I found the dimensions on a web site and then went and bought our own fabric. I just looked on a website for ways to wrap the baby up. Anways, we got out of the deal for about $20 and Kanyon LOVES being right there by me and I love having both hands free! I feel like a mixture of an indian, an african, and pregnant when I wear him.
The girls wanted to see cousin Kanyon...it wasn't always easy keeping them away now that they're mobile, but they did good!
This was the first time my brother Clay has gotten to hold Kanyon! Notice the lovely shirt. We had a "holding shirt" that everyone wore so they wouldn't get the other babies' germs all over Kanyon. May sounds extreme, but we've been ordered to be EXTRA careful with other little ones. We don't need to get sick! We DO NOT want to go back to that hospital !


"Auntie Ali" was in town so she go to come see Kanyon!!! He loves her so much!
So did her parents Bob and Martha. Bob is a physical therapist, so he got a good look at Kanyon. He showed us a lot of things to do with him and gave us good info about his development.
I think Ollie may have had the most fun of all. Poor guy has had a rough few months, so he got to go with us and run and play all weekend. He LOVES the water, so we had lots of time in the smaller lake at mom and dad's house.

Happy Labor Day!






19 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Am i the first?!? I hope so!

I am so glad you guys were all together for the weekend and your mom's b-day. Did you take her to IHOP so she can order off the Senior menu. We did and my mom got carded. Faith says "Lynnie got ID'ed!"

Happy times for us all-I am so glad that you were all together and were able to relax a bit.

Love ya
Susan

Marianne said...

Amazing weekend. I know you enjoyed being with everyone! Sweet pictures of all the Spencers. Love it! And cousing Susan, SENIOR JOKES ARE NOT SO VERY FUNNY!!!
Love you!

The Brown Family said...

I am so happy for you guys!! The first big family get together of many, many more. Kanyon is getting to be such a big little man - way to grow!! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

yay! love the cute pics! kanyon looks like he can talk smack with the best of 'em. he must get that from the 'blue' and 'red' bros, if ya know what i mean... lol

Jodi said...

Awwwww.... great times! I especially loved seeing Ali... haven't seen that girl in forever! Glad you guys had a fun weekend and that you got to enjoy every minute of it with the little KanMan!! Yay!

tleaf10 said...

I'm so glad the rest of your family finally got to hold Kanyon. It is so special to hold those sweet little ones. I hope to see you guys sometime and hold the little man myself!

Pearson Family said...

There is so much love on this post! I am so happy that Clay and MO got to hold that bundle. We love you so much!

From Parker: He loves me (I think he means, I love him)with all my heart!

hjgasdfpzx\\\

Mindi said...

Loved all the pictures! Glad you had so much fun. Too bad I broke the "Jaymie's in Paris, now I can have a baby" tradition for Longview! Oh, well.

daughteroftheking said...

loved to see all the pictures! I especially liked the one with Kaynon wrapped in that carrier, with his little legs hanging out. So cute

Beck Boys said...

How awesome. I am so glad that everyone got be there together. Looks like Kanyon had a great time.

annalee said...

LOVE the pics and weekend fun! I'm so glad y'all all got to be together making sweet memories!

Unknown said...

So precious! What a great blessing to get to be all together and Kanyon's first little vacation! He looks great and we are so happy he is doing so well!
He's growing so!
Hugs!

Jenna said...

What a wonderful Labor Day! Thanks for sharing your family pictures. I had so much fun looking at them... And Kanyon is getting so big. I'm glad he had so much fun on his first trip to the lake!

The Morgans said...

Awwwww! What a fantastic Labor Day for all of you. It's been a longtime coming for you to be able to just hang out with family and friends. So happy for all of you. That little guy is LOOKING good! Lots of color in his cheeks and he is filling out. Can't wait til we're able to see all of your family at church. Hope that will be really soon. We love you so much,
Maggie and Rand

Meredith said...

Loved Kanyon talking smack to the bird. Hilarious!! Funny, we have a decoy dove on our power line in our backyard. Hmmmm. Anyway, he is growing up so fast!! I cannot believe 5 months has already passed. I still think of you guys often.
I just made a sling for Hayden, not quite as difficult as the one you made, but it does help keep him on my hip and my hands free. I think Hayden would be happy to be in utero again if he could. He is definitely attached to his momma. I blame it on all the attention he had at birth. Ha! I'm glad to see you guys are doing well!! Praise God!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Fun times and sweet pictures! So good to spend time with family! He is growing so much and is so beautiful! Y'all take care--love y'all! The Finchers

Jessica said...

You had asked a few weeks ago about posting video... I could never get that new Blogger icon to work on my blog but I found a new way! You have to upload your video to YouTube. When done, you they should give you some HTML text that you can cut and paste into your blog entry. I usually do this on the "Edit HTML" tab vs. the "Compose" tab at the top right of the entry area. I hope this helps!

Ashley said...

SWEET times. I love your family. It is so neat to see you all together and to see Kanyon so healthy! What a blessing

Leah said...

How fun! He is growing so much! Glad yall had a fun weekend.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers