Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tummy Time and Dr. Visit

Here are some funny pictures of Kanyon ignoring my attempts at getting him to raise his head up. I have this fantastic ball that lights up and sings that I thought would motivate him to look up. Not today. He does work hard when he's on his tummy and it starts to wear him out....
And then completely gone. Hard work makes you very sleepy.
We went to the Dr. today for our 6 month visit...it was a great visit. Dr. Chris said everything was great and was very pleased with how he looked, his weight gain, his muscle tone, head control, and of course he thought he was pretty cute. 6 month stats:
Weight: 10 lbs. 8oz. (the picture was snapped before the scale was done)
note that Kanyon is now 10 times his birth weight....it takes most kids like 10 years to do that!
Length: 21 1/2 inches
Both of these are 50th percentile...up from his last check up where he was in the 25th. He had gained 3lbs and 2 inches.

He said he's ready to start rice cereal and level one baby food. I'm too big of a chicken..I'll start with the cereal (they told me I could do that 2 months ago, but I just couldn't) and we'll do the baby food later.

Pardon the nudity in the picture..don't tell Kanyon, he'd be so embarrassed.

Chillin' in the room..he was in such a good mood kicking and playing...until the shots!! YIKES! He got 4! We go back in a week to get his flu shot and then we'll start his RSV shots for the next 6 months. Poor guy.
For some reason Kanyon got really bent out of shape right before this picture, I look sick and poor Dr. Chris is trying to figure out why he's crying. Oh well...
We are thankful for a good checkup.

15 comments:

Sydni said...

It is so sad when they have to get shots!! I mean, SAD (but for the best I suppose).

The report sounds REALLY GREAT! Go Kanyon, YAY! I know you love Dr. Chris, but if he hadn't thought Kanyon was cute I'd have had some pretty serious issues... ... glad to have avoided that.

It just makes my DAY whenever I see you've made a new post.

Marianne said...

Great report!

I'm a post short and I don't know your sister-in-law, Sydni--her quilts are incredible. I am blessed to know the other two and they are both remarkable women! Jaymie, you are fortunate to have them all! And, in case any one in blog land wonders, Rachel and Maureen are doing an awesome job of raising Kanyon's cousins.

I love the image of Kanyon being held up in church like Simba. Can't wait to see him at Lamar Avenue.

Julie said...

It's so great to see him growing so much. You'll love the RSV shots! Good thing for insurance because they are like $1500 a pop! My first son, a 32 weeker, got the RSV shot series and was the ONLY one of my children not to get it. He was just about the only little one in my entire extended family to not get RSV. Kanyon looks great...and so do you!! Julie (Jodi's cousin)

pruittsplace said...

yay... for good doctor visit! it was fun watching kory manuever kanyon through the sea of monkeys at small group. we're so glad he's doing so good. you have no idea how hard it is for people to restrain themselves from snatching him up and hugging on him. i'm sure ya'll want that for him too... he'll just have to cash in on all his lovin' next year! he'll have to wrestle diego for hugs from addy... and malory... and ... and all them fine lookin' young women up at alpine!!!!!!
diego's dad

jennifer said...

What a great report! Kanyon looks great and so do you!

Beck Boys said...

Thank you God for a wonderful report. I am so glad to see that he is growing and doing so well. Good job mom!

Pearson Family said...

Amen! Praise to GOD for this strong little cousin who is growing!

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe kanyon is so big!! seriously! just since the last time i saw him, he's grown so much. miss y'all!

The Mangus Family said...

what a handsome guy!! congrats kanyon on a good report!

Anonymous said...

Kanyon,
You did so good at Dr. Chris's office. What a BIG boy you are and you didn't even cry much after your shots. Maybe I'll get to come back and stay with you soon and we can watch some late night TV together.
Love you,
Thippy Thappy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! I was showing Todd just now and I said "I can't believe Kanyon weighs over 10 lbs 8oz...and Todd said "thats almost as much as i weighed when i was born" YIKES! As fast as that boy is growing he will be as big as Todd in no time! We are always so happy to read your blog and see the adorable pictures. You are blessed. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You look like you are having a blast being a Mom. Enjoy every minute of it. He looks so healthy and happy!! Take care! Peggy

Anonymous said...

Jaymie,
It is so good to see Kanyon looking so good! I just can't believe how big he is getting--he may catch up with Emma soon! (At her 6 month visit she had dropped from the 25th% back to the 10th%-where she was born at-because she couldn't stomach the rice cereal. She's gained 2 lbs. in a month now that she is on oatmeal cereal.) I am so happy for you and your family. Keep us all posted-we love to hear of and see his progress! Emily R.

Audra Caldwell said...

THANK YOU LORD! for a healthy baby. God is good!

Jessica said...

I am so proud of that big boy...and his parents too! Ya'll have had quite an unexpected journey. I am thankful for all of you, and the amazing power of God that you have shared with so many. I love all the pictures, and we'll hopefully see you soon.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers