Thursday, January 3, 2008

9 months old

We're back from the Big Sky Country and we had a GREAT time. I have so many pictures to post I will have to divide them up into several different posts. For now I figured I'd show you the 9 month picture while I get all the Montana pictures ready to post. Kanyon turned 9 months on Dec. 26th and we had NO trouble finding a basketball in the Phillips house to take his picture.

How funny is that grown man flannel shirt he has on...more pics of it to come!

In celebration of his 9th month, here are 9 things we love about Kanyon:
1. We recently developed a huge LOVE for his traveling skills...HE WAS AWESOME!!!
2. His giggles.
3. His ears...I mean they're a little on the huge side and I just love them! I guess because they look like mine! The ultrasound girl even noticed them on a sonogram! Impressive. I asked specifically for the boy to have my big ears, not the girl. That's exactly what we got. Even at birth, we could tell Jayde's looked just like Kory's.
4. His spike. I know I've mentioned it before, but it really cracks us up. Love it.
5. When he talks. Such a cute, sweet, cooing sound.
6. His wrist rolls...yes, he's starting to get some rolls!
7. His tongue...he sticks it out all the time..he's always looking for something to lick or put in his mouth.
8. His sleep skills...he's not much of a napper in the day, but he ROCKS at night!!!
9. He's such a snuggle bug. He will let you hold him and rock him or just cuddle. We especially love to feel his tiny breath when he's on our shoulders. We longed for that feeling while he was on all those machines. It is so great to feel HIS breath! Nothing beats holding your baby in your arms.

Stay tuned for Part One of Montana Christmas.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Glad you are home. We have missed knowing what is going on at the Grand Kanyon!!! His flannel shirt is great. Can't wait to see more pictures. Funny you mentioned his ears. . . I found a great picture of you, Clint, Clay, Lauren and my four at Nanny Betty's. Lots and lots of ears and big bows. Need to scan it in and post!

Love you

Beck Boys said...

Glad that ya'll made it back safely. We missed your posts. Glad the trip went well. Looking forward to all the pictures.

Kyla said...

Jaymie- I just need to tell you that I miss you! I really do think about you and your family all the time! I'm sad that I still haven't seen Kanyon in person and that I haven't seen you in so long. I can't tell you how many times I've thought about just going on a road trip to see you....hopefully it will happen before too long. Once again, I LOVE seeing all the pictures on your blog. I'm way behind on mine. Kanyon is getting so big!...and he just keeps getting cuter. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas!
Love ya,
Kyla

Amy Porter said...

I miss that sweet boy!! I haven't seen him in a while and he has really grown! I'm ready for all the Montana pics! :) Hopefully we can get together soon (when we have a babysitter!!)

Love yall--

Corbitt Family said...

I am glad ya'll made it back and that everything went well! Can't wait to finally spend some time with you!

martha crockett said...

SO glad you had a blessed trip! We prayed for that, and give God all the glory.
I kept up as best I could on Sydni's blog. That family photo is fabulous! Kanyon looked so good, as well as the entire clan.
Glad you are home safe and sound, and can't wait to see the rest of your pix!

karen said...

I love the pictures of ski-ready Kanyon!

I was sorry our paths didn't cross while I was in Paris. Hopefully I'll get to meet Kanyon the next time I make it back across the pond.

kg

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers