Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Montana Christmas Part 4

This picture got left out and I COULD NOT post without it! It is out of order, but oh well. This is Kory's cousin Isabel (Great Aunt Julie's daughter). She is a miracle herself with quite a story to tell. This picture here is pretty special...we are so thankful to have both of these precious ones.

OK this is it:


A couple of days after Christmas, Tye and Kory gave me a great present....they took me skiing!!! They could care less about skiing, but they know I love it so we went and it was a lot of fun. After the first or second run, my face was quite frozen..then someone told me it was 7 degrees!!!!!! There is NO TELLING what the wind chill was. We put on face masks and luckily I wore lots of layers, so it was fine. It lightly snowed all day....great conditions! SO FUN!


Here are the goofy brothers before we started

Tye and Kory on the first ride up
The 3 skiers after a long, cold, but wonderful day!
The place we went was called Showdown..just a small local kind of place about 2 hours from Kory's house. Perfect for a great day of skiing.
Gram and Chief kept Kanyon for the day...I think it was fun for everyone. I love that I have the best in-laws in the world. Apparently Kanyon and Wes got to be big buddies because later on he was sitting on the couch by Chief and he decided to put his arm up on Wes's shoulder!! For real, he really did that on his own!! Big buddies!
Hangin' with Uncle Tye
We were trying to capture the side spike on a particularly tall day. This was the best shot we could get!
Not to brag too much on my own baby, but is he not so cute in this outfit????!!! I feel like I can say that because I did not buy a stitch of these clothes and he looks like his daddy so maybe I'm not bragging too much. Thanks Mom for the shirt and Auntie Nancye for the warm jeans!
A big Thank you to Cousin Isabel for helping with the photo shoot. She helped me get Kanyon in a good spot and though this picture doesn't show it, she helped make him smile.

These two were trading stories like this all week!
Kanyon got to meet his great grandparents. I've lost the picture with Kory's Grandma in it, but here is the one of the 4 generations of Phillips boys (Great Grandpa is a twin). I am so so so happy that Kanyon got to meet Bob and Fae, they are so great.
Think they like him???
I'm pretty sure he's crazy about them too. This picture made me laugh because it looks like Kanyon is rolling his eyes at Tye.

I bought 2 of these snow suit thingies last year at an after Christmas clearance. I knew we would be going to MT for Christmas so I knew they would need to stay warm. I think it was the first thing I bought 2 of.


It did snow at the house the last few days we were there. It was beautiful. I took this as we left early Tuesday Morning. I like it when the cows are snowy.
So ends the Christmas in Montana series. I hope you enjoyed....or at least survived it! We had the best time and were reminded again of how thankful we are for our families.



6 comments:

Marianne said...

What an awesome place Kory calls home. It's obvious there was lots of good lovin'!!

sharon said...

aw, i might be a little sad to see the montana pics end. i loved seeing them! i would also looove to see you! next trip--nashville, TN?? :)

tleaf10 said...

Hey Jaymie, I'm glad you posted all about your Montana trip! I am so glad ya'll got to go up there and that Kanyon was such a trooper. He is so sweet with his smiles!

Jodi said...

Seriously, your kid is too cute. TOO CUTE!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the Montana crew. I can tell how Kory got to be so wonderful! Glad you all had such a wonderful trip!

Kelli said...

Hey girl,

I have loved all the Montana posts! Glad y'all had such a great Christmas, too. Kanyon is growing so fast!

PS...I, too, enjoy the snowy cows. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...yall are so lucky to have gotten to enjoy some snow over the holidays. Kanyon looks too cute in his snowsuit! So glad to see Kanyon has such wonderful family on both sides...what a lucky little man! I have still been visiting this site, it has just taken me awhile to start writing again.
Much love,
Stephanie Boutwell

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers