Monday, April 28, 2008

Eating Camp Day 1

I have a few pictures from before we left that I'll share first:

He continues to find great joy and satisfaction in making the great escape out of his diaper!

Kanyon has had some good spike days lately. I think it is something he is doing in his sleep. This is him as soon as he woke up. What a sweet face to wake up to.

I just thought his face was funny in this one. And you can see that the spike is rooster-like.
I think he is inspecting my floor to make sure I swept good.
In the last few days, we've been reminded YET AGAIN that we have THE BEST friends in the whole world. Several people have gone above and beyond for us as we prepared to leave for Dallas. One of those people is Ricky. In his thoughtfulness and creativity, he came up with an "Eating Camp Wardrobe" for Kanyon. Several of our friends "sponsored" a shirt (thanks to y'all Colliers, Rangels, Thomastons). Here is the line up. I'm not sure if they'll show up good so I'll tell you the funny phrases on each one. Eating Camp is Cool; CHOW (and keep it) DOWN; Oples and Bononos; CDR will have to wait (CDR is the camp I went to all my life);Ricky didn't eat his veggies either; Eat or Bust; Pig in Training; Get in my belly. So fun and thoughtful!!
How's this picture for the cutest couch potato in the world

Here is Gram and Kory saying bye to Kanyon before we headed out of town Sunday afternoon. We have had the BEST time with her (more about that later).
We stayed with our great friends Paul and Katie who went above and beyond to get us everything we needed last night and directions to help me know what I was doing today, great hospitality, and some sweet lovin' on my little Kanyon. Kanyon loved Katie's hair, here he is attacking it. She was so sweet to let him do that over and over.
Paul and Kanyon watching the Mavs game. Kanyon is sporting his Mavs gear that Paul and Katie gave him when he was born.
Here he is on Day 1 of Feeding Camp:

For the first few days we are only going to be there til noon. I think they are trying to figure out exactly what route to take with this little guy. It went OK today. It is going to be a lot for him to take in and do all day everyday, but I know he can do it. We are just so happy to be here and praying for success. Thank you to all of you who have and are praying that with us. I will keep you posted. I am here at my friend Kasey's place in Dallas. It is such a great place. I feel very hip and cool...not sure how I'll do here in the center of the city life...I'm like a fish out of water. We will enjoy it and enjoy getting to see friends that live around here. My little pig in training is waking up, I better go!

22 comments:

Amy Porter said...

I hope that he starts pigging out soon so we can have you back here!! I know you are excited to be there to figure all of this out!! We're praying it goes well! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Jaymie, Hope everything goes good for Kanyon. He is such a sweet little boy!! He is in my prayers.

Love ya guys,
Nelda

annalee said...

those shirts are hilarious! i'm glad kanyon will be perfectly dressed for camp. praying!

Jodi said...

Love the shirts! What a fabulous idea that I am jealous I didn't think of! Greatness! May they help him have MAJOR success at eating camp! Love y'all and praying for you everyday!

Marianne said...

Tee-shirts are the greatest!!! Praying that you are headed for success!!!

Molly Woodall said...

LOVE the shirts. Back in the day, there was a movie called "Little Shop of Horrors", despite the name it was a comedy...but the plants were alive and would say "Feed Me Seymour".....so there's another one for you!
Kanyon, I'm praying so hard for you and your Eating Camp counselors! If anyone can master this task it will be YOU Grand Kanyon!
Paris, Texas is praying!
Love you all!

Kendra said...

He's gonna win the hearts of those therapists with those shirts and his CUTENESS!! I was thinking about you guys this morning . . .praying blessings on everyone involved in this season of life.

Unknown said...

Love his shirts! I am praying for you and Kanyon while you are away from Kory. I just know this place is going to help you with answers and Kanyon will overcome this hurdle just as he has everything else. What an amazing little miracle he is!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious. What a stylin' little piggie he's going to be at feeding camp! We're praying for you guys.
Love you,
Maggie

The McCarter Family said...

Prayin' hard girl!

daughteroftheking said...

LOVE the shirts!! So cute. Praying that everything goes good in Dallas while your here!
With love
Missy

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that boy has grown a ton since i've seen him last!!! i can't wait to see him again soon. and you too :)

Silverthornes said...

Love the shirts! Thanks for keeping us posted!

allyo said...

I love the pictures...I agree, he might be the cutest couch potato ever! We are parying for you Mr. Kanyon and can't wait to be celebrating your eating camp graduation! I love the t-shirts, and hope they bring you the best of luck! Eat up little man!

We love you guys~
Let us know if you need anything.

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

I love the t-shirts! Those are great! We will be praying for you guys. I'm sure Kanyon will do great!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

I love the t-shirts! Those are great! We will be praying for you guys. I'm sure Kanyon will do great!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to see all the things he's doing now that he couldn't do a month ago!!!!! He is learning so many things and so quickly...God is truely an amazing and awesome God....I'm really excited about eating camp for all of you. Never ever forget what amazing parents you two are....and what hero's for all you are doing for your GRAND KANYON!!! He is blessed to have such tenatious parents. God Bless you for all you do.
Praying everyday Aaron's Blessings(The Lord Bless you and keep you The Lord left his face to shine upon And give you peace)(also known to all ACU persons as ending song to everything!!) to you and your family and all who enhance Kanyon life.
LOVE to you all
Addison's Honey

TexasNeals said...

what great friends you have! they knew that this was going to be a challenging time and they came up w/ the perfect way to lighten things up and encourage you at the same time. those shirts are awesome!!! :) i'm still loving that spike! his is SO stinking cute! he's starting to look more like his pretty momma to me! ;)
we'll be praying about camp! hope it will really make a huge difference.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Praying that eating camp does the trick for his food situation. I loved the shirts.

erin f. said...

The shirts are so funny and cute...whoever this Ricky person is, I like him. I am also very jealous that you are staying with Kasey and that she is getting to meet Kanyon and have fun girl/baby Kanyon bonding time with you and Kanyon! I want to come too! I hope things get better at feeding camp.

Chris and Becky said...

WELL, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY I HAVEN'T COMMENTED ON YOUR BLOG IN A WHILE. EATING CAMP SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD THING. LOVE THE SHIRTS, MY BROTHER IS CRAZY! WE'LL BE PRAYING FOR Y'ALL JAYMIE & KORY!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers