Saturday, April 12, 2008

Monster Blog

This will be a monster blog because I am posting way too many pictures. I had a lot of catching up to do. I wanted to give everyone a chance to see my last blog (if you haven't read it, go check it out). It has been so fun to read all of the comments and it will be BEYOND wonderful to read all of them to Kanyon. I am blown away...I thought we might get 50 comments and that was a stretch. Anyways, thanks so much for commenting. We are wowed and humbled and touched.

Ricky and Cooper came by to bring us something a while back. These 4 have some fun times ahead of them.
After Kanyon's party, we headed to Paris. We were able to spend the day there and be "with Jayde" There are a couple of neat things that I thought I'd tell about. First of all, her headstone. We wanted her to have something from Kory's home since she is buried at my home. His parents have had this rock on their front porch for years that they found and saved because it is shaped like the state of Montana (Kory's home). Anyways, they had her name, etc. carved on the stone and that is her headstone. I really love that it is so special. In the background of this picture you can see a little purpleish tree. When my grandma Nanny Betty was sick she wanted a Japanese Maple for her yard. Her daughters bought her one for Mother's Day that year, but she never got to see it and enjoy it. My parents planted it out by Jayde. I really love that. Speaking of, my parents have done so much to keep her place looking nice and pretty. They planted some flowers out there and it just looked so good. I find peace in things like that. Here is as close as we can feel to our complete family.

My little twins


We'll move on now....to lighter things:

Kanyon made his first trip to Chili's. Thanks to Uncle Pee Wee and Aunt Gwenie for the giftcard. We went to church last Sunday and decided to go in and eat....A Phillips Phamily first. We are starting to enjoy getting out more. After browsing the menu with Dad, Kanyon went with the Chicken Crispers.

This elephant has been hanging on his carrier since we brought him home, but this is the first time he's ever seen it! Thank GOD for our improving eyes!!
These 2 boys were beat after our big trip to Church and Chili's...I went to check on them and this is what I found:
That same day we packed up and headed over to the Pruitts to enjoy the beautiful day with them. Kanyon got these cool shades for his birthday.

"PEEEEEE U! What's that smell??...COOPER!!!!"

Actually he hated the glasses and did his best to figure out where they were and took them off ASAP. Bummer
Me and Cindi with Cooper and Kanyon ready for our walk. Aubrey and LoLo were too fast for the camera.
Kanyon chillin' with Ricky....boy, Ricky and Cooper are all over this blog! Kory carried him on the walk back and he fell asleep just like this!
Ok, lots of people have mentioned how Kanyon is always happy. I will agree. He is a very peaceful and happy baby. Not a big crier. BUT when the boy decides to cry, he can play it up. We were over at my Aunt and Uncle's house and he was sitting in the chair with his Great Aunt Mary Lynn. He really REALLY wanted to eat the tree by the chair. When we took it out of his hand he was a little bit unhappy.
What's a good cry without that bottom lip? And the red eyebrows are a crying Kanyon trademark.
Since Kanyon has 6 teeth, I thought I'd give him a biter biscuit thingy. I wasn't sure what he'd do with it. I think he pretty much just thought it was a toy. He put it in his mouth, but didn't really seem to treat it any different than putting a toy in his mouth. Didn't get a good taste of it I don't think.


He did put it a little too far in his mouth and our first biter biscuit experience ended with the Bumbo tray covered in throw up. Better luck next time.
I saw him in the chair and went to go get his bottle. I found him like this. He was hiding..I told you he hates to eat. (the towels, by the way, protect the new recliner when the milk comes back up)
Thursday Me and Kanyon and Mindi and Addison took a little trip to see Mary and her new baby boy Weston. Here are Kanyon and Addison ready for the ride. They were GREAT in the car.
I'm pretty sure Kanyon is playing tough guy and talking smack to Weston in this one.


Addison and Kanyon torturing Weston...he's saying "STOP!!"
Kanyon just wanted to make sure Weston didn't have a fever.
Kanyon-BORED

Here are the mommies and their babies. I'm sure lots of moms read this so I'll ask for some advice...Kanyon out grew the headrest things in his car seat, but as you can see, he needs something to keep him from flopping all over the seat. Any ideas???

And the greatest new thing in the world is my new NIECE!!!!!
Landry Lucille Spencer was born early early Friday morning. I really love her SOO much. It is crazy how I much I love my nieces and my children-- it seems like I'd run out of room, but the second Landry came I found a way to love her just as much. What a great thing. Maurine was a crazy good mommy delivering this beauty and Landry was so good she didn't even need a Dr. there. The Dr. got there to see her weighed and that was it. We think she kind of looks like big sister Avery only with dark hair. Maybe that dark hair came from her Aunt P.
Clay and I traded kids for a second.
How great is this little baby girl. Sorry I look so nappy..I jumped in the car and headed to Paris as fast as I could. No time for a shower when there's a new baby to kiss.



By the time you finish this, Landry will probably be in Kindergarten. Sorry.



18 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey girl,

What a great post! Kanyon is growing so fast! I love seeing all the pics! I'm not a mom, but I've had friends who rolled up a blanket and used it as a headrest thingy when their babies outgrew the regular one. Maybe that will help. :) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I bet you could get someone to make you a larger headrest thingy.. Kanyon is growing so fast and I love to read your blog. You do such a great job of keeping us informed about Kanyon. I loved the head stone for Jayde. C.Grooms

Jodi said...

Never apologize for a post being too long! There is no such thing with your sweet family! Love them all! No ideas on the headrest thing... we just rolled up a blanket for awhile. Nothing genius. Anyways, love to the Phillips Phamily! SO glad you are getting to get out more!

Daniela said...

I have been "lurking" at your blog for some time now and just never posted a comment. I think your son is adorable. I look forward to watching your beautiful grow through this blog. Boys are awesome aren't they? I raised 3 of them and feel so blessed. God bless you and your family.

Molly Woodall said...

Oh Kory & Jaymie...The picture of you 4 was so very special and I thank you for sharing with us. Her stone is beautiful...and Nanny Betty's tree to shade her!
I'm an "old" Mommy - but I used a lamb skin for my Larry when he was a baby...it's so soft and cuddly!
Love you 3!

Kate said...

Congratulations on your new niece! And I LOVE the picture of you, Mindi, and Mary with your babies! That is so cute!

Kyla said...

Looove the pictures...although the first part made me cry. :( It was very comforting though to see where Jayde was buried...a beautiful place for a beautiful girl.
-I didn't know Mary had a baby!! Tell her I said congrats! Oh, and did you hear we're moving to Dallas? You know what that means...I'm coming to see you asap.

Sydni said...

You must really be enjoying getting out more and hanging with your friends.

It looks to me like Clay and Maurine have two absolutely BEAUTIFUL daughters now. Congratulations all around.

Kendra said...

Sweet post . . .and never hesitate to load up a post with pics - I thikn all your readers would concur! And as for head support, rolled up burp cloths work great. Roll one like a burrito and just tuck it in to support the little man's head! Blesings -

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Hey Jaymie. Okay, I love it all! Jayde's stone is amazing! How neat. Good ol' Biter Biscuits, we've been through a million of those. love ya!

Anonymous said...

love the long posts. the pics with the 3 babies are hilarious! i was laughing out loud. mary needs to get a blog!!

Anonymous said...

With our twins when they were infants they told us not to use the headrest that come with the carseats when we were taking them home from the NICU so instead they took receiving blankets and rolled them up and place one on either side of the baby. That really worked well. See if that works for Kanyon!

We really enjoy reading how great Kanyon is doing and always look forward to new postings and pictures!!

Take care Phillips Phamily!!!
In Christ,
The Dickens Family from La Porte, TX

Kaylane said...

What a great way to celebrate Jayde's life! Thanks for sharing such a personal matter with all of us.

Unknown said...

Love all the photos! He is growing so much! And the picture of you three girls and babies is just precious! Just wanted you to know, also, that I am joining Matt's family in Houston in a couple of weeks for the March of Dimes March for Babies. You can read more about it and our special plans to walk for Kanyon and Jayde on Christine's blog and also from there, you can link to Matt's cousin's blog, Ashley, who formed the team. We will be walking for so many, but it is especially sweet to walk in honor of Kanyon, who continues to amaze each of us, and for sweet Jayde, who is gone but not forgotten. Love you Jaymie!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Kory and Jamymie,
Ryan and Lacy Cox (Brother to Chandler Cox...Tye's friend) had twin baby girls born at 25 weeks on Monday of this week. I was looking for your earliest blogs and hoping to encourage them some way with your experience. How do I find those early blogs? We are looking forward to Susan's visit. Am sending this on e-mail as well as posting here. Bless you three today. Frieda

Go To Girl said...

You are gorgeous! You did not look nappy!

For the headrest, I would just roll up a towel or a blanket and kind of fill up the space around his head with it. Maybe the towel is the better idea since slobber will easily get washed out.

Thanks for the great post! (Brandon couldn't sleep when he was in Norway a couple weeks ago and read months worth of your blog all at one time. He's not much of a reader, so you know you're doing good when you keep his attention!)

Court

Ashley said...

Hi Jaymie.

You don't know me but I feel like I know you in so many ways. I am Jenna Cope and Matt Pinsons cousin. It's crazy to see what a small world it really is. Not only are you really good friends with my family but I know all the pruitts, Charlie and Cindy Farrell, Christy Norton and that whole bunch! Seeing Ricky on your blog post cracked me up and just reminded me how many connections you and I really have.

Give that boy of yours a big ole' squeeze from a random stranger!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Long posts are great. So much to share. I didn't know Mary was expecting! Kanyon looks so grown next to her baby! Love y'all!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers