Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pics of the Week

Kanyon still thinks grinding his teeth is the greatest thing in the world. I love the face he makes. Here he is helping Kory on the computer and grinding his teeth....

check out that face

When I was trying to get a picture of him grinding his teeth, he kept laughing at the beep my camera makes before it takes a picture. I love that grinning profile.
Feeding is a pretty exhausting task around here....for all of us.
I'm sure Kanyon will travel many miles in this spot.


Monkey Man


Kanyon went to his friend Blake's birthday party out at the Porter's land.
Pretty cute in that hat....Jill, this is the one you gave us when I was pregnant.


News to catch you up on:
  • Kanyon finally weighs 15 pounds, but we're still wearing 3-6 mo. clothes, plain 6 month fits perfect...we're getting closer to 6-9 though.
  • He has done really really really good in his therapy the last 2 weeks. We are getting closer and closer to sitting up. If he could just figure out that his hands can help him balance, we'd be good to go. He doesn't get as angry and upset during therapy either. He's tolerating things great that used to send him through the roof. I'm very proud of him.
  • The feeding situation is beyond bad. We are scheduled to start "feeding camp" Monday the 28th. Feeding camp isn't the official name.....the name is Our Children's House at Baylor (Dallas). I am very very very excited, anxious, and nervous. I am praying they can help us! I know it isn't going to be easy, but I am optimistic. So, prayers for Kanyon could be directed toward the success of the feeding therapy. It will be intensive therapy Monday trough Friday 8am-5pm for aprox. a month. We are what they call day patients (or what I call day campers). Hopefully that will do the trick. If not, we will have to go inpatient where we spend the night there 24hrs a day. If that doesn't help, things will get tricky. I am not looking forward to being away from home for that long, but at this point, I just want some relief and help. Before Kanyon can be expected to develop and get stronger, we've gotta get some food in him!! We are praying this place is the answer to our prayers and will be able to get us going. And help me (and Kory) regain some sanity.
  • Kanyon's spike has reached a new level. It is so long that it isn't even a spike. It is too long to stick up. It lays over like a curl. I've got to figure out what to do with it. Cutting it is not an option (though his dad mentioned that...what was he thinking?)
  • Gram is coming TONIGHT from Montana!!!!!!!!! We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Sydni said...

We're so excited for Gram to get there (and enjoy not only you guys but some warmer weather too, hee-hee). We pray the feeding clinic makes all the difference.

Kanyon's profile at the computer w/ Kory just had me laughing and laughing. He is SO CUTE!!! Oh, man!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Great pics and updates. We would love to see you guys when you come to Dallas. Maybe we could drive down to Baylor one day and see you guys and meet Kanyon?? We would love that...let us know!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

He sure is getting a "little boy" look these days in the posts. Y'all are sure in our prayers as food camp begins. I bet he gets best camper.

Kaela said...

I'm on the same page as those who would like to come by perhaps, and meet the Grand Kanyon...

I live about 3 mintues from Baylor, and I'm not even sure where your PeeWee Feeding Camp is, but if you ever find yourself completely bored to tears, give me a call (903-714-3375) and I would LOVE to see you!

Jaymie I have not seen you in YEARS and I am DYING to meet Kanyon since I have been keeping up with his progress and praying for him since the day he and his sweet sister were born.... And it has been such a blessing and inspriation to watch you, through this blog, become such a strong, amazing, wonderful mommy who never stops believing and trusting in His will and plan for you (although I know at times it is rough, because I, too, am human!)

However, I do not want to interrupt family time or your possibly busy schedule, so if you do not call, I PROMISE, it will not hurt my feelings and I will understand.

But if you do call I will be there in under 5 minutes. Seriously.

I love you guys! Good luck at food camp!
-Kaela W.

The McCarter Family said...

Many prayers coming your way for little Kanyon's feeding to get better!!! I can't imagine how exhausting that must be! But God has taken care of yall and will continue to do so!!!

Hilary said...

What a cutie!! Good luck at the eatin' clinic...yeah for Gram coming. That will be awesome :)

erin f. said...

He looks so cute in that little bear towel! I guess I didn't realize how bad his eating troubles really were, and I will be praying that it all goes well at Feeding Camp and he continues to grow stronger and bigger ever day!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kanyon,
We have prayed for you every since the moment you were born. We think you are an awesome great nephew. You have wonderful parents who truly love you and have dedicated you to the Lord. We can't wait to see you at Robin's wedding. Your mom said it would be the first wedding for you. Do you think you'd like some bride's cake or groom's cake? How about a little taste of both? We can't wait to see you and your parents again.
Love always and forever,
John Richard and Renee

Kelly said...

Is the spike now a comb over? I looove it!

Melissa Taylor said...

I hope you guys can get some answers to help the feeding situation. Looks like he is doing really well otherwise though! Such a cute boy.

Kendra said...

I'm excited you guys got it . . and I look forward to hearing good reports. I'll be praying and looking for news!!! Blessings,
kendra

Anonymous said...

From one Phillips Pham to another,

I found your blog randomly somehow...I can't even remember how, but I've enjoyed reading about your family and seeing your little boy's progress. :-) I praise God for Kanyon's presence in your lives. Children are such a blessing.

We have a lot in common - last names, we live in TX (we're in Round Rock), and we're Christians. I'm sure there's more! It's great to have the encouragement from other Christians even through the web! Just wanted to say hi!

P.S. - Our blog is www.wadeandsarah.blogspot.com.

Take care,
Sarah Phillips

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers