Thursday, April 3, 2008

Feeding Update

Yesterday we spent the day at Our Children's House in Dallas. It was a really cool place. We were just there for the feeding evaluation, but there are a lot of neat things there. The eval went really well. I felt very "heard" and there were therapists of all kinds in there talking to me and watching him. We were with them almost 3 hours, so there is a lot of info, but basically they recommended that we go inpatient there for more intense therapy. In the mean time while we wait for an open room, they gave me a few things for us to do to get us by. I definitely don't like thinking about being away from home for any length of time, but at the same time, I think this is the only way someone is going to see everything they need to see to get us some help. I'll know more next week as far as how long we'll have to wait to get in and then how long we'll be in once we get there. But, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts yesterday. Your prayers are very appreciated! Since I can't post without any pictures, here are a few from last weekend.

Not sure what Kanyon was doing, but it was pretty entertaining for me, dad, and my brothers!
Sunday morning Avery woke up with spiky bed head (I think it was left over from the mohawk I gave her Sat. night when she took her bath). Instead of combing it down for church, Clay and Mo decided to leave in honor of Kanyon since he was in town. I tried to get a picture of both spikes, but this is the best I got. Kanyon was touched by his cousin's display of love. Who knows, it might catch on!
One of Kanyons bday presents from Clint, Rachel, and Roselyn was a Tu-Pac shirt. Long story, but it was obviously a good laugh. This weekend we got him all decked out Thug Life style.
Notice the white object in his mouth and the bare foot....yummy.
One of his birthday presents was this cool Popsicle teether. It cracks me up because he looks like he's just chillin sucking on a Popsicle. Thanks for the cool toy!


In the craziness that was last week, I just now got around to taking the basketball picture. I took it while has alseep (the only way he'll lay still) so the pic is kind of dark. I thought I'd include the first one too.



9 comments:

Julie said...

just wanted you to know that we are still praying for you and your family. I am so gald that your appointment went well. And I know that it is an answer to prayer to feel "heard" by the doctors. Still praying!!
Julie...Jodi's cousin

Chels said...

I want to see you. Since I live here, it will be easier for me to work with your schedule...so let me know. 214.552.8166

i dont have your number!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you all went to Our Children's House in Dallas. I work at the one in Grapevine and I have been praying for Kanyon and hoping he could have feeding therapy. The therapist at OCH in Dallas are wonderful! They have a lot of experience and they really care!
In Christ,
Katie

Kelli said...

Wow, it is amazing to see how much Kanyon has grown! I know everything will be great at Our Children's House! If you need anything while you are here in Dallas, don't hesitate to give me a call or email me- kelannhoop at yahoo.

Kendra said...

Hmm . . .I know what my prayers will be focused on - God's timing on getting the little man into the center, and SUCCESS in therapy!! Blessings -

Meredith said...

The last picture of Kanyon sleeping is just precious. There is something about a sleeping baby that makes me just want to cover them in kisses! I'm glad that you felt "heard". I know voicing concerns and feeling like they are really hearing you not just shaking their head is an important thing. We're praying for answers!!

Meredith said...

By the way I love how you showed, Evolution on the basketball behind Kanyon in the sleeping picture. Yes, he has evolved a ton since his beginning! God is Great!

jasonandchaney said...

O my goodness!! He is so big and long. Great idea with the b-ball

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, It's the Pustka's from GCOC. Whitney spent a little over a week at Our Children's House after her spinal surgery. This place was a blessing for us. She was able to regain all of the use of her hand and fingers. We weren't sure if she would be able to walk much less use her left hand. You are in our prayers....

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers