Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quinn at 4 months

Our big boy is 4 months old. I was prompt with the picture taking, but not so prompt with the blogging. So, you can bet he's put on at least 6 rolls per leg since these pics were taken!! :)

Hmmm..... lets see what I should say about him at 4 months.....
He smiles so easily and it usually makes his eyes squint!

He rarely fusses, but every now and then he will just flip a switch and FREAK OUT. It doesn't happen often and boy and I'm glad. Its loud and fierce! Other than that, he's pretty much happy.

Just like his big brother, he loves the bouncy seat and is very happy sitting in it. The last couple of weeks, he's discovered the toys that hang down from the bar on it and will try to reach out and touch them. He talks to the giraffe a lot.

He talks a lot. Sweet coos and lots of squeals!

He is fantastic at night. Sleeps at least 9 hours with no trouble. He isn't the night owl his big bro was. He sleeps best when fed and put down around 9:30.

He is still in the bassinet by my bed. I thought I'd put him in his room when he wasn't getting up at night anymore, but I don't want to. I like having him by me. Maybe by the time he goes to Kindergarten I'll move him to his own room.

He's in and out of being a good napper. The schedule thing is awesome when it works, but lately he's not been taking naps as well. We're hoping that gets better and in the mean time I'm trying to go with it.

He goes to sleep on his own. I sometimes rock him (for me) but he is fine to be put down awake. That's nice.

He wants so so so so so so so bad to suck his 2 fingers, but he can't quite figure it out. He's found his thumb a couple of times. Still not too good with the thumby so I've pretty much resigned to the fact that he will be a finger sucker. Now I'm just ready for him to figure it out so he can make him self happy with it!

My hands don't even come CLOSE to fitting around his thighs.

He eats during the day about every 3 1/2 hrs. So far he will still take a bottle so I can pump and give it to him in a bottle if I need to.

He has one of those hemangioma birth mark red things on his nose. It looks like a scratch so at least 3 million people have asked if he scratched himself. I sometimes just say yes because I don't want them to feel weird. I thought it was a scratch at first too. It didn't show up til about 2 months. My camera treats it like a red eye and tries to black it out.

His well check got canceled, so we'll have to wait for his stats.

His hair is still falling out, but its also coming back in. Whatev.

I love him!

He's cute.




"duh....what?"

...and things start heading down hill....
pouty lip...and..
GONE!!! Lost it. Totally.
I am now officially a mom that says "he's growing too fast" (klp's situation didn't really lend itself to me feeling like anything was happening too fast). We thank GOD for Quinn Spencer Phillips!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

He is so precious! You have the cutest boys.

Holly said...

LOVE the pouty lip!!! That cracked me up. So glad to hear he is sleeping 9 hours at night, too. That's awesome! He's a keeper for sure!

Pearson Family said...

You know what....I LOVE HIM! You are a great mom, and I love you!

Sydni said...

He is cute! Sayler thinks he started to cry because, "Maybe Kanyon must have tickled him too hard." (now you know what goes on regularly at our house...)


I look forward to watching him GROW and GROW!!

Rebekah said...

What SAD pouty faces!! Don't ever let him do that again, missy! ha! I think he's looking a bit like his daddy now. He's such a cutie ... hmm...sounds like I'm hitting on your husband. I'm not! :)

erin f. said...

His sad face is adorable. I want to pick him up and snuggle him!

Todd and I often sit around and talk about who we would have an arranged marriage with for Ellie (I know, I know) and when I mentioned Quinn we had our answer...so you want to get it in writing?? I love him.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers