Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Surgery is OVER!

Hello blog world. It has taken me all day to get to a computer, but here I am. Kanyon had his eye surgery this morning about 9:15. The surgery didn't last very long at all and then we spent the rest of the day recovering. He thankfully did great during the surgery with the anesthesia and all. He was groggy and cranky for a while, then just got sleepy. They released us at about 3:30, but we decided to stay here in Dallas with my aunt. He is still pretty uncomfortable so I didn't think getting in a car for 3 hours was the best idea....and with all the crazy weather too! We're taking it easy eating and just taking it easy in general. His eyes are really red and puffy and there is a little blood. He is hoarse when he cries and it is just pitiful. If you've ever heard him cry, its pretty wimpy when its full force. It is such a tiny whimper, but the bottom lip is doing its pouty thing 100%! We hope this is our last surgery for a very very very very VERY long time. Maybe forever! Thank you for praying for him today (and us). This kind of thing is always scary to parents even when it is as "routine" as this was. We will head back to Longview in the morning and settle in at home. Thanks again for your prayers today.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that it's over! We continue to keep you guys in our prayers everyday. I can't believe how big Kanyon is getting and that he's almost one year old!! Where did the time go??? I am glad to be a part of his journey and look forward to reading about all of his accomplishments in the future! Take care and know that there are so many out there that are praying for Kanyon!
Love, the Caldwell Crew
Jeanna, Mark, Chase, Casey, Emily,
Camri, Caden, and Channing
www.caringbridge.org/tx/cadencaldwell

Bevin said...

So thankful to hear that the surgery went well and that sweet Kanyon is doing ok. Hope he feels better soon and hope you guys have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

We are so, so happy that this surgery is over and that Kanyon did so well with the anesthesia. We, too, pray that this will be his last time to have to be put to sleep! We will be praying for your safe travel home in the morning.....hugs to the 3 of you....love, Eldon & Marilyn

Pearson Family said...

I bet your site meter is going crazy today! I have been checking back like crazy just in case my google reader was slow! I am so glad that the surgery went well. Be safe going home! Love you!

Sydni said...

We too are extremely thankful about this great news! Thanks for posting. We'll hope and pray for this to be his last EVER surgery (maybe he won't even have wisdome teeth that need to be taken out). Good job Kanyon!

tleaf10 said...

So glad it went well ... I know that is a relief!

Molly Woodall said...

WoooHOOOOO! I'm so glad that's over for him! Now he can just concentrate on being the cute little boy that he is!
Hope the weather is better for y'all today - we thought we were going to get swept into the Red River yesterday! We got over 6 inches!
Love you 3!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I know y'all were nervous. I hope Kanyon gets back to feeling all better soon. Y'all have a safe trip home. We'll be praying for ya!

The McCarter Family said...

Praise be to God that everything went well! I know how hard it must've been for mom and dad and I know how thankful you must be to have that behind you! Hope your trip home is safe! Keep us posted!

Melissa said...

We're so glad to hear that the surgery went well & things can begin to return to normal! Now the birthday fun begins!!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Jessica said...

I am so glad that things went well. I've been praying for little Kanyon all weekend. We love ya'll, holla' if you need ANYTHING!!!

Anonymous said...

man that boy is tough. so glad everything went well and hope yall are home resting now. love y'all and hope to see you soon :)

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers