Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hair Vote & This Little Piggy

As all of our blog buddies know, Kanyon has been sporting a pretty sweet spike since his shunt surgery last July. The incision from that surgery was massive and I remember thinking that Kanyon would probably have a bald spot where that scar was. Boy was I ever wrong. We got more than we could've ever imagined. Instead of zapping the hair growth, the scar proved to be fertilizer-like and has been growing hair at an insane rate ever since. Here we are almost a year later and a lot has changed. Kanyon now has fuzz like hair on the rest of his head instead of just being bald and the spike has evolved--it has lost its spiky-ness. It is TOO LONG!! That is where you come in. I have no idea what to do with it....(and no, cutting it is not an option). We have a few looks that we're working on with the spike, but I thought I'd give our blog friends a chance to cast a vote for the best style. It is kind of hard to get a good picture of them all, but I did the best I could. So, comment and cast your vote.

1. The Traditional Spike. It is hard to come by these days. We only get it if Kan has had a crazy night's sleep or something...but here's a picture just for kicks.

2. The Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cone. The swirl like shape gives it this name, and the natural curl makes it easy-just gather the spike and twirl it down.
3. The Blade. Kanyon just found this one on his own at Paul and Kaite's. He was eating his hands and they were all slobbery, then he started playing with his hair and ended up with a "sharp" look. Pardon the dirt on the face, it is left over sticky stuff from when we switched the tube to the other side.
4. Fluff. This one is what it usually looks like if nothing is done. I am afraid it's a little on the whispy, feathery, 80's bangs side.
5. The Comb-Over. This seems to be Kory's favorite because he always does it to him. We just lay it over and go for the neat, parted, headed to Sunday School look.
This is a better view of the actual comb-over part. I mean is he too young to have a comb over?

This Little Piggy

Kanyon has developed a love for pigs. It all started with this pig. The therapists had it at Our Children's House and it seemed like he really liked it more than any other toy. It sang a cute song and sneezed, it was fun.

Before we went inpatient, we went over to visit my friend Kelly and her little girl Anna Lee. Anna Lee had this barn that held all kids of different farm animals. I had not told Kelly about the pig at the hospital yet. Kelly was in there playing with Kanyon and she said, "Jaymie, he LOVES this pig!" Sure enough, he would pick it up every time and was SO very interested in it and the oinking sound it made. Here he is with pig #2 and Kelly.
I think this one is the most unbelievable. He is currently obsessed with this toy. It is a barn that has a chicken, horse, and pig hanging from it. It sings songs and makes the animal noises. Every single time I hand it to Kanyon, he moves and grabs until he's holding the pig. NO KIDDING! He will grab the horse or the chicken and then drop them and get the pig. Sometimes he just stares at it:
And he almost always ends up eating it. We'll be riding in the car and I'll look back and see his little hands holding the pig tight. Every single time.
Because he loved Anna Lee's animals so much, they got Kanyon a barn similar to hers. It is filled with animals and of course he ALWAYS chooses the pig. I'll put several in front of him and he reaches for the pig.

Very appropriate for the post..it was one of his eating camp tshirts.


The only thing I can come up with is that maybe he's going to really like bacon. Or maybe he likes pink...I'll keep it manly and go with the bacon thing.


My next post will either be from Montana or after we get back. We leave Sat. morning at 5:55 (yuck!) We are very excited to get there and see our Montana loves!!

17 comments:

Go To Girl said...

'Fluff' and 'Comb-over' are my faves...what a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! have a great time in montana. i love the comb-over for sure.

martha crockett said...

Somewhere in my memory archives I'm thinking Great Auntie GA had a thing for pig collections. Could it be genetic????
About the hair--I say put rubber bands around little pieces (get some tiny ones from Uncle Clay), and do a "Sanjia"!

nancye said...

this is my 3rd try for leaving a comment. Hope it works. I vote for the combover and blade. 2 totally different looks but may be worn accorging to mood or attire :) Kanyon can pull off any of the styles. I lovw them all and I love my Kan Man:)
XOXO from favorite auntie nancye

Adam and Kristen (or doodle for some) said...

Ok...Adam and I both vote for the comb over. I mean, how could that NOT win? haha! I'm kind of disappointed that you haven't tried to braid that yet. I mean...that could be a sweeeet braid!

Anonymous said...

I think it has to be the comb over, by far the best choice. Just because he has the cutest expression ever in the comb over shot.
I'm so glad I got to see ya'll & play with Kanyon last weekend! I'm also jealous that you get to go to Bentonville soon, have fun!

Anonymous said...

ok so i just looked at the pics again and the smile in the comb over pic just cracks me up. he looks like he's up to something...

Liis said...

The Comb-Over. He looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE COMB OVER. HE IS ADORABLE.

Kyla said...

Oh man, this is just too hard for me. I'm thinking the best solution is to just change them up. He's a lucky guy to have such versatile hair! For church, the comb over. For a party, the spike. For a date with Ava, the Dairy Queen swirl. :)

Anonymous said...

GMTT thinks the Dairy Queen swirl.

Anonymous said...

Paul and I for sure think the comb over. His expression says it all. Way too cute!

Paul and Katie

Anonymous said...

I would cut it. I think he would look really cute with his hair even lengths.

Larissa Smith said...

I like the DQ swirl. Looks more spontaneous without being a free-fall.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I have to go with the comb-overs. But they are all cute! Y'all have fun in Montana!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the comeover! He's precious. I miss you girl! Maybe we could do lunch or something soon.

Kym <><

kt said...

Has to be the comb-over! Karen

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers