Thursday, June 12, 2008

Merry Maids and Super Nanny

Merry Maids= me and my mom
Super Nanny= my mom

Kanyon and I made it home Tuesday afternoon in time to feed him at 3. We were so glad to see our home! Being back with Ollie was fun, but being back with Daddy was the BEST! What was the worst, you ask? The condition of my house. Don't get me wrong, Kory picked up, made the bed, etc. But it was in serious need of vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, not to mention the CAR FULL of STUFF that I had to get unpacked, laundry, laundry, laundry, getting all of our pump and equipment set up as well as all the new supplies with the tube, meds, etc. I put in a call to my Life Saver...my mom. She came down last night and we hit it hard this morning. We were MERRY MAIDS ALL DAY LONG and Mom was SUPER NANNY with Kanyon. It was so nice to not have to stop. If I was feeding, she was working..if she was feeding, I was working. It was so great! We even stayed on task which is quite an accomplishment for us two! Things are getting settled and I am so glad. We have a busy couple of weeks coming up and I would've NEVER been able to get things done by myself. This feeding regiment is quite time consuming. Speaking of, we've had 2 tubes come out (one while we were still at Kasey's so Kase and Chelsea had to hold him down for me) and one the next night here. It was a minor disaster thanks to me...I messed up. But we got it straight. Now I will just go insane making sure he doesn't rub it out or pull it out. It is really going to drive me coo coo.

Found a few pics from before we left: The sun shines through our sky light and is quite blinding. Kory decided to wear my shades..notice Kanyon is covered with a blanket.







I took these today. He has found himself in the mirror. I am completely entertained by this!



My cousin Robin got married in May! Welcome to the Spencer Clan Jeff! We couldn't get the bandanna away for a picture.

We got it out and he ate his overalls instead.

We were deep in conversation here. All he cared about was my hair.

I have no idea what he's cutting his eyes at, but it looks sneaky.




The reception was beautiful and had very tasty food. Kanyon's favorite treat was the table cloth!

Here we are all together. How many years do you think it will be before we get EVERYONE looking at the camera!?

This is Kanyon and Anna Lee when they first met. She was so nice to try and share her ice. And she shared her bouncy seat (and pink blanket). What a very very sweet girl.

Kanyon has a new love...PIGS. No joke. Here he is with Kelly eating one of Anna Lee's pigs.

Just for fun...this time last year almost to the day, Kanyon wore his first pair of pants. I just saw that hat in his drawer today and it is TINY! Oh man.




Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

annalee said...

look how much he has grown...wow! i love the family picture at the wedding and i'm so proud of you for your tubing skills.
kanyon is blessed beyond measure to have you guys for parents and i know you are blessed to have him as your son!

christine pinson said...

i have two NG tubes in the last month, and i know they can be tricky...and i can remember when Sam had his...i can't imagine him having it now...it would be coming out all the time! you will get the hang of you because you are SUPER MOM...i sure do love and miss you! i would love to come visit but i have been way too sick to be around Kanyon...my doctors are trying to get us into the experts...first in Dallas, then we'll probably end up at the Mayo Clinic because they are the best...i just want someone to figure it all out! i am sick of the hospital...i am sure you are too! you are so good at keeping up the blog...i love it! i love all the pictures...keep em coming!

Sydni said...

Your mom is the best. I really like your familiy picture and the picture of Kanyon looking at himself in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

Kanyon~ My..Oh my..You are getting so big!! That smile of yours is to precious!! You are so truely blessed, your family is so great, strong, and faithful! Our prayers go out to you and your parents as you continue to grow and get bigger!! Jaymie...I love your blog page...you do such a great job keeping everyone up to speed on what all is going on!! Honey you are such a strong and devoted Mommy!! You are the true meaning of a MOMMY!! Kanyon once again you are so blessed and keep on eating!!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

I'm lovin' all the pics, especially the whole family. Kanyon will be surrounded by girl cousins!

Jessica said...

I am so so so glad that ya'll are home. It was great seeing you the other night. Thank God for Moms/Grandmoms who can come in and save the day!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

You are just very much in my prayers, all three of you. By the way, your dress in the wedding pictures looks like one I've had my eye on for a few weeks here. Very cute! Y'all take care!

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful you are home and so glad Gay could come to your rescue. Your dad sure picked a winner...as did your mom!
I pray you will find many blessings as you work through this and see the hand of God in every step.
Thanks for updating your blog. The mirror pictures are precious!
Love and prayers,
Karol

Anonymous said...

The picture of Kanyon looking in the mirror is SOO cute. Stunning tape work, I might add.
Kasey

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers