Saturday, May 29, 2010

School's Out For SUMMER!!!

Well, Kanyon finished the year strong with yet another perfect attendance award!! hee hee. Thursday was his last day so we are officially on summer break. Not sure what that means to a 3 year old, but it meant a celebratory trip to Sonic that afternoon for his Mommy!

All in all the school thing has been a good thing. In true Kanyon fashion, he transitioned with ease. I think the time was perfect (2 hours/3 days a week) and we were very pleased with the school and teachers. He was WORN OUT when I'd bring him home, but I know he had fun and I know he was learning. We feel like we've seen real improvements in his language. He is making way more sounds and he is very very talkative. He will now attempt almost anything you say and will at least get the syllables right. The sounds may not always be right (or even close) but he's trying. He points things out and I think I'd be even more amazed if I could understand him because the boy KNOWS what he's saying!!! Like I really think he points out basketball goals. When we go on our walks, he points to every single one and says "baba!" Which sounds like how he says basketball. I have NO IDEA how he knows what they are. But if he's gonna go recognizing things, a basketball goal is a good place to start. I think he was ready to start talking and then school came along at just the right time to totally push that along. He also colors way more. He used to barely sit long enough to make 3 lines on the paper, now he loves to sit and draw (for at least 1 min!).

Here he is by the school entrance. We wanted to get this pic when we picked him up after the first day, but if you remember, he was a basket case so it didn't happen.


Spring Hill Primary was so good, they taught klp how to WRITE:

And read.....

WOW What a school!!

Actually, the top pics he was coloring on the cards he made for his teachers. And my new Pottery Barn catalog. He looked so cute sitting there I had to let him sit by himself and sneak a quick pic.

The reading pictures happened the other day and cracked me UP. I walked into his room to get him from his nap and he's in the corner of his bed "reading" a book. How in the WORLD did a book get in his bed??? Then I realized it was KLP's guitar book and it had been on the dresser by his bed. He must have go go gadget arms because the dresser isn't THAT close to the bed. Quite a funny site to see.


1 comment:

Prem said...

The pictures are really nice and as we can see that the child is really happy as to the start of the sumer vacations. So lets enjoy.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers