Friday, May 28, 2010

They're Growing Up

It's happening before my eyes. Some days I don't notice it at all, then others it seems like every time I turn around I'm realizing that time is passing and they are growing up!

Kanyon:

Kanyon helped me for the first time tonight. I dropped the giraffe that goes with the bouncy seat and I needed it to be in the seat. I asked Kanyon to go put the giraffe in the bouncy seat. He looked at me, grabbed the giraffe, and scooted his cute self into the living room and put it in the bouncy seat! What a big boy helper!

He thinks he's big stuff when he gets to sit in a real chair. I still have to be close by in case he leans to far to his left side and can't balance. Growing boys also eat pieces of apple (he's mid chew in this pic).

He also thinks he should give himself a drink (please don't be fooled. He's STILL not drinking out of this cup. He bites the straw and plugs it with his tongue.....)


Waiting for Daddy to come home! I had to help him get up, but he stood there for a long time....yeah!!! (yes he's waiting for Dad to get home and he's in his PJ's. Don't judge. )
And after over 3 years of sleeping in his crib, we had to LOWER it!! He was starting to figure out how to pull up to his knees .
Quinn:

I don't have a picture of this, but he has learned a very important skill. He can now bounce the bouncy seat all by himself! I look over and see that leg popping up and down as the seat bounces and it reminds me of klp's bouncy seat days (make that years!)

Speaking of unnecessary but much loved baby containers and equipment....this just makes him seem so old to me. I think I could've done this a while back but I didn't think he was ready. I was wrong. Remember I'm kinda a first time parent in a lot of ways.
He has taken some naps in his crib. He's still beside me at night, but we're working our way out. He had no trouble going to sleep and sleeping good in his crib.

He's also figuring out the cereal thing a little better. I'm not very consistent giving it to him, but we'll get there.

He's a hip baby! I can carry him on my hip now. He's not quite as blobby as he was so he can hold himself up better. Where did my cuddly newborn go?


3 comments:

Katie said...

I would love me some Kanyon and Quinn right now! I can't believe how fast they are growing! Kanyon is such a big boy, I just can't believe it. And Quinn's little rolls are the cutest things ever! Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know this but just wanted to remind you that when Quinn starts to roll at all you should take the crib bumber things out of the crib.......

Amy

The Speck family said...

Kanyon's facial expressions totally crack me up~ what a big boy he is sitting in that kitchen chair all by himself! And that Quinn is just way too adorably sqeezable~ I especially love his cute legs :).

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers