Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

Well, we (mostly meaning I) survived Kanyon's first day of school. I dreaded it and "boo"ed it and did a thumbs down every time I drove by school, but its really OK. I just feel like its forever. Last year when we started, it was March so we only really had 2 months. Now, we have a WHOLE YEAR!

It's a good thing and I know it does a lot of good things for klp. Its just the mom thing....I like being with them all the time. We're thankful we have a place that we feel like is good for him.

Here is the man ready for his first day

kids in backpacks are TOOOOOOOO cute!

don't hate on me...it was early....
When they come in their room in the mornings, there is a tunnel at the door that they all have to crawl through. Kanyon knew exactly what to do just like he did it yesterday. You can see his teacher and a classmate cheering him through at the end. Speaking of, everything is the same. Same room, same teachers, same kids (pretty much....some may have moved up and out, but no new ones that I know of) so that is nice.
Daddy ran around to cheer him through
Here are 2 of his classmates waiting for him!!
And q eagerly watching the action.
Here is his teacher Mrs. Paulette. She's taught PPCD for a long time and I hear from therapists, etc. that she's really good. I feel like she is and she does a good job making them work hard AND loving them. Its nice to hear that from the therapists though.
There you have it. We've got one week under our belts and everyone is great. klp has adjusted great and is not super super tired when we pick him up. Last year I had to work to keep him awake long enough to eat lunch then go down for an early nap. This year he has done good coming home and playing, eating, and making it to his normal nap time. YEAH KANYON! He's growing up!!!

He did great at school and did even better when he got home, but that is news for another post...stay tuned.....IT'S GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Chelsa said...

I agree, kids and back packs are super cute!

Glad he is doing so well this year (and not overly tired)

Mrs. Paulette is the cutest thing ever!

Sydni said...

Another year, under way. I'm so glad everything is pretty much the same except that Kanyon is doing better with the schedule of it all! He looks so happy to me.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Way to go Kanyon...mom and dad!

Teresa said...

Great news on so many things! Love the school pictures. We need to babysit again soon.

Ramey and Stephanie said...

Yeaha Kanyon! I haven't been on here in a while. It's good to see you all and glad to hear school is going great! :)

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers