Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quinn is 8 months old!



As sad as these pictures are, they describe his 8 month "birthday" pretty well. Kanyon fought a virus all week that gave him a high fever and it hung on to klp long enough that qsp got a little taste of it too. He woke up Sunday morning with a little fever (hence the Tylenol in his pics) and didn't feel so good. BUT his passed quickly and he was back to his sweet self in no time.

So as not to only show pictures of him freaking out, here are some I took Saturday....




At 8 months I think we're nearing the next stage. He's not crawling, but I don't think it will be long before he figures out at least an army crawl. Until then, he's transporting himself by rolling and squirming. He's sleeping a little later now (YIPEEEE!) which I think will eventually make him a 2 nap boy instead of a 2 nap plus one short one in the evening.

He's eating baby food 3 meals and only nursing 4 times usually. I often have to resort to a chair in a dark, boring room when feeding him because he gets quite distracted.

He is starting to demand a little more of my attention...as in...he screams if you take something away from him, he cries if he sees me across the room or sees me walk by and I don't go over to him, and he usually fusses if I take him off my hip and put him down (how DARE I not hold him!!). I've learned that letting him get too sleepy is ASKING FOR IT....by IT i mean scream freak out get mad and LOOSE IT!!! SHEESH the boy can yell!!

He loves to shake toys...so he loves rattles and anything that makes noise. He hasn't figured out how NOT to hit his own head.

His thighs are still huge.....12 inches around to be exact. That's almost 2 inches bigger than Kanyon's.

He's still BONKERS in his sleep, but he's figuring out how to move around in his bed and not wake himself up. His thumb helps too. I am a big fan of thumb sucking babies!


If you haven't had enough of ol' Q yet, then enjoy this video. He was just being himself, and I wanted to capture it. Its long and its nothing exciting, but he does lots of things he's doing right now (that doesn't make very much sense). He's trying to get to all 4's, babbles with his hand on his lips, speaks in his clicking language, and pops his lips together.....oh yeah and flashes his sweet 2 tooth grin. The light was bad, so its kinda dark...sorry.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm pretty sure he said "Gay-Gay" very clearly in that video. He's so advanced! And precious, by the way. I cannot believe he is 8 months old already.

Sydni said...

He IS very advanced! Especially compared to our kids. Did I see him wave bye-bye right at the very end?!! He truly is about as cute as they come!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

I can't believe Quinn is already 8 months old! Marty and I couldn't believe how big he was! So adorable! It was SSSOOO good to see y'all a few weekends ago. It'd been forever! The only thing is that it's never long enough! I doubt we make it back for the 'ol Yamboree, but we'll be down the first week of January so maybe we can all get together then! Thank y'all so much for coming out. It meant so much to Marty and to me!

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers